Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: September Update
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:25 pm 

Making this brief ....

Healing from hernia surgery very well. Taking it easy for now but by November need to get a job. Should have something by mid November at latest. Lots of temp work out there so that is a given .. full time work would be my best bet ....

Work on CEF is moving right along. I finished up hunting down as many leader images as I could find. Alexandr Zayzev (Russians) and Paco Palomo (French) are looking for some that I could not find. The opening page of the Leaders list PDF which shows the leader image, slot # and name is ready for when Mark finished the Leaders.bmp file. Will just copy the images rows from his file into the spreadsheet and then burn it to a PDF file.

New Panzer Campaigns work is buzzing right along. I inherited a lot of files for that one .. finished up a map and playtesting is in full swing. Working on AI scripts next. Loving the new work.

A group of the playtesters and I are reviewing the weapons values for ALL of the Nap Battles series games I worked on and its going well. By the end of the week I should have a complete list of EVERY artillery weapon in the series in its own unique chart. From that I will go to town on updating the PDT artillery fire values and then also update the Weapons Effects Chart (WEC.pdf). Those games which never had one (WC, EC, etc) will finally have their own WEC.pdf file. The WEC.pdf files for Leipzig, Bautzen and 1814 will be corrected to properly reflect the values in their PDT files.

That's it from me. Need to get work or I will be back out on the street again. Game design work in mid to late October will be slow as will game files as I make the job search top priority. Cant afford to be hunting a new place to live at this point with winter looming. Truly appreciating your thoughts and prayers and support over the last 4 years. Getting a job and being able to get around in a vehicle would definitely be nice. :)

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

Post subject: Re: September Update
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:20 am 

Yes Bill, I owe you a turn in out playtest game..should get it to you tomorrow...work caught up to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:04 pm 

No problem, Jim. Its good to take a break from Eylau I have found out!

:frenchlol: :frenchlol1:

"Guns, guns and more guns ..." :frenchroll: :russianveryhappy:

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:49 pm 

Mark Adams reported to me on the artwork status this week:

1. 3D Artwork - Cavalry is all done (infantry too) so that leaves just the artillery images left to do.

2. Units.bmp "heads" - Joe missed 5 when he did the images back in Feb-June so Mark is having him do those next. Mark has some images to correct for this file and then that's it once we review all of them.

3. Terrain graphics - not sure how much we will have to do. We have to watch our time on these games. The German building set from Leipzig should suffice.

4. Game screens - Mark will work on these with Joe. These do not take long but the usual alignment problems may need to be addressed.

5. Leaders.bmp file - I have posted all of the images I could find to the server. Alexandr Zaytzev is helping me to find Russian leaders that I could not locate. Paco is helping with the French as needed. Each leader has its own unique number to include the Brigade leaders so that later on if we find an image we can slip it into the slot. The usual generic leader images will be used when we cannot find an image for a leader.

Once all of this is done I can then work on the Tutorial PDF and website product page.

The artwork should be done no later than January I am thinking. Still on track to finish by February 8th ;) (anniversary of the Battle of Friedland).

NWC Founding Member