Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:13 pm 

Officers of the Club,

Below are the highlights of recent achievements by Preußische Armee Offizers:

Beförderungen
(Promotions)

"It was with great honour and privilege, in the name of the Honourable Generalfeldmarschall Stefan GroßPrinz Reuter von Wahlstadt, himself a servant of our revered König, Friedrich Wilhelm III, sovereign of Prussia and protector of Germany, that the Preußischen Armee offered promotions to the following officers for gallantry in the face of the enemy and for furthering the glory of Prussia. God save the König and Vaterland."

Bill Peters promoted to General der Kavallerie

Martin Huschka promoted to Generalmajor

Kirk Hutzel, Walt Moehle & Dani Cohen promoted to Oberst

Rustem Riza promoted to Oberstlieutenant

Mark Crawford, David Stotsenburgh promoted to Major

Michael Fredel, William Drakert & David Stotsenburgh promoted to Premierlieutenant

Verleihung von Auszeichnungen
(Presentation of Orders and Medals)

The following officers have been awarded medals for their service to the Prussian Armee:

David Stotsenburgh awarded the Landwehr Medaille (Militia Medal)

Mark Crawford, Gary Whalen, David Stotsenburgh awarded the Eisernes Kreuz zur Fahnenspitze (Iron Cross of the Flag)

Ludwig Schmidt awarded the Adler Haus-Orden (Eagle House Order)

Bill Peters awarded the Katzbach von 1813 Medaille (1813 Katzbach Medal)

Bill Peters & Michael Fredel awarded the Großbeeren von 1813 Medaille (1813 Großbeeren Medal)

Bill Peters awarded the Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse (Iron Cross 1st Class)

Michael Fredel, David Stotsenburgh awarded the Militärische Medaille (Military Medal)

Michael Fredel awarded the Dennewitz von 1813 Medaille (1813 Dennewitz Medal)

Scott Ludwig awarded the Pour le Mérite

David Stotsenburgh awarded the Befreiungsorden des Vaterlands 1813 Medaille (1813 Wars of Liberation Medal)

Nobility & Royal Titles Awarded

By the power and glory of the Ages of the Königreich von Preußen and our noble leader König Fredrich Wilhelm III, by the ancient Order of the Knights Teutonic, it is hereby proclaimed that today in our Kingdom Modern that these officers shall carry these such Royal Titles:

Royal Titles Awarded:

Major Mark Crawford - Freiherr von Kreuzburg

David Stotsenburgh - Freiherr von Insterburg

Due to promotions in rank the follow officers land designations have been elevated:

General der Kavallerie Wilhelm Peters - Prinz von Dennewitz

Generalmajor Martin Huschka - Herzog von Nordmark

Oberst Walt Moehle - Markgraf von Neuhardenberg

Oberst Dani Cohen - Markgraf von Friedrichsfelde

Oberst Kirk Hutzel - Markgraf von Nordwestsuckermark

Oberstlieutenant Rustem Riza- Graf von Grünau

Now styled as:

General der Kavallerie Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

Generalmajor Martin Herzog Huschka von Nordmark

Oberst Walt Markgraf Moehle von Neuhardenberg

Oberst Dani Markgraf Cohen von Friedrichsfelde

Oberst Kirk Markgraf Hutzel von Nordwestsuckermark

Oberstlieutnant Rustem Graf Riza von Grünau

Major Mark Freiherr Crawford von Kreuzburg

Major David Freiherr Stotsenburgh von Insterburg

You are entitled to this title as long you are and Active member of the Armee, once you fall out of service the title will be revoked and given to another member.

Command Promotions

Ludwig Schmidt transferred to command of the 1. Infanterie-Brigade - I. Armee-Korps

Walt Moehle promoted to command of the 1. Reserve Infanterie-Brigade - 1813 Befreiungskriege (Wars of Liberation) Armee-Korps

Ludwig Schmidt appointed to the Preußische Armee Kadettenkorps to serve as head of the Kadettenkorps Generalstab as the Kommandeur der Kadettenanstalt

Oliver Kreuels appointed to the Preußische Armee Kadettenkorps to serveon the Kadettenkorps Generalstab as the Adjutant Kriegtaktikmeister

Bill Peters appointed to the Preußische Armee Kadettenkorps to serve on the Kadettenkorps Generalstab as the Schlachtfeldmeister

Walt Moehle appointed to the Preußische Armee Kadettenkorps to serve on the Kadettenkorps Generalstab as the Oberhaupt Feld Instruktor

Congrats Everyone!

Drinks all around!

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:29 pm 
The Tirailleur officer observes the festivities at the table of Prussian officers, and cannot help but smile upon seeing his gallant opponent in two different on-going major battles being feted.
He thinks to himself, if the rest of that crowd is as worthy of their promotions as is Oberst Moehle, then surely the Prussian army has much to be proud of.
"Helga, bring the Prussian officers over there a pitcher of your fine ale (and limonata for those who would prefer such), on my tab."
The Tirailleur feels something brush against his legs, and looking down he sees the cat that makes her home in the tavern looking up at him. "Ah, Josephine, what, no shrike or rat to amuse you this night." He scratches her ears and listens to her purr. "Helga, a saucer of milk please."
"Oh to be sure, sir, coming right up Josie," the barmaid replied, already carrying over the pitcher of ale and a glass (or two) of limonata to the Prussians.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:41 am 
Congratulations on your promotions, Gentlemen of Prussia. Also to your appointment to the Guard, Herr Peters. :P :P :P

And to Herr Schmidgall as well for his elevation in rank to Chef d'Battalion. :wink: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:05 am 

A hearty congratulations to these honored foes, particularly the awarding of the Pour le Mérite to Herr Ludwig. Well done.

I could not fail to notice that there is no mention of the Französisch Marschall Abschussprämie. So, I gather, yet another period has gone by and the vainglorious pursuit of defeat either continues or has faded into ignominy :P

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:34 am 

Chef de Batallion !!!!! Congratulations my friend but alas with your level of involvement here at the NWC perhaps a little short of what you deserve, at least in my humble opinion. If one can trust what we see and read it would seem that you have assembled the only active unit in the French Armee and a fine one it is !! If officers of all the armies here at the NWC ( with the exception of Bill and his black horde who have effectively done the same) were to follow suit the landscape around here would change for the better.......just my opinion mind.

Regards
Walt

Königlich Preußische Korps

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:22 pm 
Hmmm.....in the dim recesses of my ever fading memory, there seems to have been another unit that acted as one. As I recall, this outfit predated both the formation of the Black Menace and the Tirailleurs et Dragons. It might have even served as a model for both of the subsequent formations. Alas, in my advancing years, my memory seems to fail me. Perhaps I will inquire of my younger officers, as thier minds are so much sharper than my own. :o :) :D :P :mrgreen:

What say ye Gentlemen of Hanover? Can you think of another? :wink: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:29 pm 
Hmm, yes, coffee to clear the fog from the brain, please Helga. The Tirailleur officer can think of a certain brigade, called Hanover, that dealt a major defeat to the Tirailleurs et Dragons!, on their first foray onto the battle maps. They did not call themselves the White Stallions, but that is a name that has been heard by this officer in passing. Yes, the Tirailleurs et Dragons! have looked to the Menace and the officers of the Hanoverian Brigade as models for our own invention.
We salute these honored foes, and hope to meet (and defeat) you some day!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:42 pm 

OK...I missed one but in my own defense I couldn't remember the name as old age has had its way with me to some extent and the cafine level in my bloodstream had yet to reach established perimeters when I posted.My apologize to the Hanovarian's.

Königlich Preußische Korps

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:43 pm 

Hearty & Heart-Felt Congratulations to All!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:07 pm 

The Hanoverian's need no apology, we take what comes our way!

Congrats to all!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:26 pm 
With a sudden bound the saucer of milk is upset, spilling all over the boots of the Tirailleur. "Josephine!" he shouts. The cat pays no mind, and is already bounding across the floor of the tavern, weaving in and out of the patron's feet, and making directly for... "Oh my," the officer mutters to himself. Josephine is launching herself at the table where the Hanoverian officers are holding their court. The object of her attention are those very creatures, the falcon and the ratte. The bird easily swoops up into the air out of reach of cat claws, and while she is so distracted by feathered prey, the ratte too disappears, probably into some hole in the wall. "Ach, well, all fun and games," the Tirailleur sighs.
"Shoo!" shouts Helga amidst the commotion of fur and feathered foes. Her broom gently pushes the cat to the side. "All that good milk, spoilt!" she cries.
"My apology," the Tirailleur offers. "She cannot help herself when such creatures are about," he explains. "But no harm is truly done. Indeed, I am not convinced she means to actually catch them, but intends merely to put them to flight."

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:29 pm 

Jeff Bardon wrote:
A hearty congratulations to these honored foes, particularly the awarding of the Pour le Mérite to Herr Ludwig. Well done.

I could not fail to notice that there is no mention of the Französisch Marschall Abschussprämie. So, I gather, yet another period has gone by and the vainglorious pursuit of defeat either continues or has faded into ignominy :P

Thanks Jeff!

Indeed it is still there, I need to update it though as some folks have been promoted or have quit the French Army. But it is still there. I watch for filings for my officers, but not other armies, though I should check the Austrians. There have been claims for the Anglo's but I am not sure if their commander awards the points or not... :( There have been however claims for the Jager Orden and quite a lot too....

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:31 pm 

The Tirailleurs et Dragons, Black Menace and Hanoverians are just the latest inception of that style of command and comraderie......though not present in every unit in the Club or for periods of Club history it has none the less been there before.... 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:12 pm 

A vicious looking bird flies thru the window, dropping a present on the head of Josephine. Many were sure they heard the bird call, "Dommitzch", before it flew back out the window.

Herzfelt Gluckwunsch to our Prussian Allies! What an record of accomplishment! Why, it is almost as good as our small Brigade! Bah ha ha!

Helga, more drink! More drink. I must soon be away as Lowenberg calls my attention. But, before I go, we must have a song....

Wohlan, dei Zeit ist kommen,
mein Pferd, das muse gesattelt sein.
Ich hab' mir's vorgenommen,
geritten muss es sein.
Fidi..rulla, Fidi...rulla...
In meines Vaters Garten,
da wachst ein schone Blum.
Ja, Blum!
Drei Jahr soll ich noch warten,
drei Jahr sind bald herum.
Fidi...rulla, Fidi...rulla.....

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:25 pm 
SLudwig wrote:
There have been claims for the Anglo's but I am not sure if their commander awards the points or not... :(

Marco does not award these points to Anglo-Allied officers.

Regarding the Pour le Merite, I know that Prussian officers receive it for certain victories. I also know that Oak Leaves are awarded as the next honor after the base medal itself. There is a further Pour le Merite (aka Suicide Medal) for any Coalition officer that can defeat General Knox. For some reason, I always have trouble finding this last medal on the Prussian website. Where is the 'Suicide Medal' located Scott?