Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Rules & Etiquette
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:37 pm 

Phew that's a relief I thought I did this crime to you Andy.

Prince d'Austerlitz et Comte d'Argentan
Ordre national de la Légion d'honneur

"What is history but a fable agreed upon"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:05 pm 
Hey, don't relax too soon. There are plenty enough of such crimes on your war record as well. Just the ones committed against me at Austerlitz would fill a tome. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have to admit, the lessons were invaluable, as were the one's Andy taught me in training as well. I think I am playing more like you with each passing day Colin. Ask Jim Pfluecke for his opinion in the matter. He and I are locked in a second game of playtesting and I have really tried to apply your principles of battle and tactical deployments. I admit that I remain a pale shadow of your masterful ways, but I believe that I am still improving. :P :P :P

My focus on the HPS System does, unfortunately, come at a price. It seems that artillery located within a square in the old Talonsoft games negates the bonus of the formation when attacked by cavalry. An extremely important variation in the game and a rule that I did once know, but had forgotten. Unfortunately for me, my opponent, Marechal Jensen, had not forgotten that rule and, since my entire defense was based on a false assumption, well let's just say that I seem to have dropped my sword instead of compelling him to pry it from my cold, dead grasp. :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm 

and here I always thought it was the charge of General Nelms, with mess kit and spoon in hand. :?

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:40 pm 
I have heard stories, but I always thought he used a salad fork. A spoon would be that much more impressive! Only an Anglo-Allied Field Marshal could pull that one off. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:30 pm 

MCJones1810 wrote:
I have heard stories, but I always thought he used a salad fork. A spoon would be that much more impressive! Only an Anglo-Allied Field Marshal could pull that one off. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Of course it was a salad fork, the soup course hadn't been served yet! Do you think me uncouth??? :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:55 pm 
Just when the silly French think they have the market cornered on manners and etiquette, along comes our grand Field Marshal to instruct them in the finer points of culinary warfare. It baffles me as to how they can remain so arrogant when their Guard Lanciers are so quickly routed by a single, red coated cavalryman showing great resolution of cause while bearing only a common kitchen utensil. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers to you, sir! :P :P :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:48 pm 

Well of course the Guard Lancers are not French sir, fine warriors never the less though and much feared.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:22 pm 
To be truthful, sir, a good proportion of your army is not actually French. :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:31 pm 

Maybe we need to re-define what is French :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3ème Régiment de Grenadiers - Bataillon d'élite du 3ème Légère
2ème Brigade
Grenadiers de la Réserve
Réserve
La Grande Armée
--------------------------
"From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step."
Napoléon Bonaparte

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
Groucho Marx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:50 pm 

Yes our Emperor believes in the Alexandrian ideal, as a result citzenship of the empire of France is valued as a symbol of liberty and equality. Indeed many people from across Europe yearn for freedom from the inbred royal families of the coalition and they rush to rally to our cause.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 pm 
Freedom for whom, the wealthy and influential? Your system is no different from any other. An egotistical despot sits on France's throne, wantonly sacrificing the lives of his very people to feed his hedonistic desires. The “liberation” of his neighbors only serves to swell his ranks, and provide more bodies to throw upon the altar of the vaunted Bonaparte. I know your heart, great general of France. You actually believe the propaganda and rhetoric with which you have been so amply fed. Ask yourself how long it has been now since your brave Emperor has led the assault across a contested bridge as he purportedly did at Lodi. Five years? Ten? In truth, it is closer to fifteen. In so short a time, his actions have come to mimic those of the monarchal rulers which you hold in such low esteem. He places himself safely on a hill, far enough behind the lines to have sufficient time to flee should the battle turn against him. The dashing, young warrior that he once was has yielded to the corrupting forces of power, ego and greed. You follow a burned out myth, a man whose immeasurable ego will not allow him to conclude a lasting peace for the good of all humanity. His appetite for conquest will never be sated, particularly so when he has such brave and talented warriors, such as yourself, who relentlessly hurl themselves into the face of death to protect an ideal that has long since perished.

The depravations of your Emperor will be stopped by the coalition of forces arrayed against him. His demise is a foregone conclusion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:48 am 

Tyrants trying to dispose a self-proclaimed emperor to put a king at his place. :lol: :lol:

In France, a good soldier without a name (no nobility) can access the highest levels in our system. It's an equal opportunity society. :mrgreen:

3ème Régiment de Grenadiers - Bataillon d'élite du 3ème Légère
2ème Brigade
Grenadiers de la Réserve
Réserve
La Grande Armée
--------------------------
"From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step."
Napoléon Bonaparte

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
Groucho Marx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:15 pm 

Monsieur can you play these rules if so drop me a e-mail and we can have a game[Rules 1805

Monsieur, I hope and I know that you will enjoy this style of playing the rules are; MOE rules Cav can charge if they have a target, most move and fire before combat (melee) after, move and fire allowed. No Cav hunting Inf most stop three hexes before Cav ! As a reaction on that way of Inf. attack, I use the House Rule in my games:
Inf. unit may attack Cav. unit with fire only from the maximal range at first,
if Cav. unit persist and not retreat, then Inf. unit may attack from the minimal range.
Cav. always had a chance to get away using their speed and maneuverability,
if they did not intend to charge, of course. So, we have to give the chance to our Cav.
This is R&H (Realism and Historicity Rules of play victory: 30% Allied lost Major French victory Total Allied Army is 79,608 (23,882) the lost of any Allied Emperor automatic withdrawal of that nations Army counting Cav and Inf.
Allied Victory Total French Armee is 71,785 40% (28,714) that is counting Cav and Inf. At any time Napoléon is killed or captured automatic Allied victory.
Any and all routed and disordered units most fall back if possible to their Army lines till recovered. Disordered units can not be in any combat what so ever can not block or use to surround enemies unit. No disordered officer can add to an attack all disordered officers most fall back till they recovered from disordered.
At no time can Cav charge into wood or villages or towns but they can end their charges if started in a clear hex into said hexes. Sk(Lights and Legers, jagers) are free to move Simi or held three hexs from parents unit.
It is a good idea that you do not use any unit that is below 30% strength ,they should fall back also but that is at your opinion.
I recommend that who ever you play in this club you play this way and not the fast blitz way or the gamy way.