Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Double Trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 pm 

Please welcome Daniel Armenta on his return to the club and the II Corps. Please congratulate Steve Browne on his promotion to 2LT.

Now as always we must turn to the matter of libation, Helga a round for all and the two gentlemen will of course split the tab. I believe LTC Jones would then like buy a round. I'm sure he is celebrating something. :P

La Grande Armée

Post subject: Re: Double Trouble
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:58 pm 

Welcome back Daniel and congrats to you, Steve!

More Allied reinforcements!

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:24 am 
The Commander of the Hanoverian Brigade is surprised to hear his name mentioned as he enters the tavern flanked by two of his loyal officers. He is a bit more surprised to hear of his recent demotion.

The Hanoverians are a colorful group to be sure. The officer to his Commander’s left wears the green coat of the Light Infantry. The officer to his right wears the blue coat of the Artillery. Both colors stand in stark contrast to the brilliant red coat of their Commander.

In his hand, the Hanoverian Colonel carries an extra sword. As the three German soldiers cross the tavern, a bold French officer leans a bit closer to get a better look at the weapon in the Colonel’s hand. The Colonel at first passes the Frenchman before backing up a few steps. Leaning toward the Frenchman, the Hanoverian holds the sword so that his erstwhile enemy can get a better view.

“You are absolutely justified in your interest in this particular weapon, monsieur”, says the Hanoverian. “It is a fine blade that I recently picked up on my way through Hagelsberg. It seems that a group of Prussian Conscripts were in need of a commander and, since I speak German, I saw no harm in giving them a hand. After all, we are allies.”

The Colonel pauses for a moment so that the Frenchman can admire the weapon. “Here, let me show you my favorite part”, says the Hanoverian as he points to something written on the blade near the guard. Squinting to read the writing, the Frenchman’s worst fears are suddenly confirmed. “Yes, monsieur, you were correct in your suspicions”, says the Hanoverian as he winks at the stunned officer, “it says Made in France, but do not worry, the original owner will no doubt be along soon to share a drink with me so that I may return his weapon.” Snapping the sword back in its scabbard, the Hanoverian smiles at his adversary and continues on to his usual table where his junior officers are already seated.

Placing the sword on the table with all of the other captured weapons, the Hanoverian Colonel pours a shot of Jager, faces the good British Field Marshall Blackburn, and raises his glass. “To Marshall Blackburn, a fine officer if ever one graced this tavern. To Lieutenant Colonel Armenta, it is always an honor to see a Guardsman return to the ranks. To 2nd Lieutenant Brown, congratulations sir on your first promotion, may you have many more! And finally, to Captain Phillips and 2nd Lieutenant Glazier, two of the finest officers in my command who accompanied me here tonight and were instrumental in our recent victory over the French V Corps, each of whom has just recieved a promotion as well, along with a few shiny medals. A hearty salute to you all!”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:28 am 

I thought I go and stand in Front of these lobster backs and pour some Rum on their table. Monsieur I have 150,000 hungry French soldat’s who will lay their lives down for me. If you or any of your funny looking steam crabs can kill 30% of moi soldat’s you have a major victory but if I kill 40% of your Prussi (41,200) I win! No stupid points.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:30 am 

Oh, the battle Jena His. large map 54 turns!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:59 pm 

Welcome Back/Congrats Gents! 8)

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support