Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:09 am 

Gentlemen

I note from the Anglo-Allied Army’s HQ webpage that Mark Jones no longer appears as the Army’s Chief of Staff.? Do the members that maintain this page have a reason for this change :?:
I would expect a little better communications, especially as the Allied Army has been so vociferous of late :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:25 am 

Yes I noticed that myself Jim. We await an explanation.

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:10 pm 

I am also confused and concerned about this development. Mark Jones has provided me with outstanding support since I joined the NWC in 2009, both as an individual Coalition officer and more recently as a Divisional commander in the Russian Army.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 pm 

Last week the AAA staff was compiling the annual report over 2013. Part of the report will of course explain this change of position, just like it will state many other things and changes. The report will be posted on the forum around Monday/Tuesday next week.

With regards to the position of the Chief of Staff of the AAA, Mr Mark Jones; indeed he is no longer in that position. Not much more to tell. People come and go and positions are changed over the years in every army.

Mr Juergen Kraut is still the staff adjutant and we might look for some additional support in the coming months. But for the moment there is no need to worry, so thanks for your messages in this forum topic.
Future army staff composition depends on the other armies in the coalition, and the period of time it takes the AAA staff detached over there to return.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:35 pm 

Quite frankly it is situation no change for the Allies....."Just who is in command today chaps? I had my turn yesterday and jolly well got confronted by the big bad ogre himself! So took my whole army and marched them back down the hill. Hopefully a mere Marshal will show up soon and we can march them back up ..well assuming someone with balls is in control that day?"

A mere Colonel cannot even attract some attention for a quick battle these days!

The Allies are truly a rabble of headless chooks :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:19 pm 

My suspicion is that there is actually quite a bit more to tell...I am fairly certain this was done as retaliation for the disgreements that have ocurred between you two. If this is the case I would consider it petty and unworthy of the AAA CiC. I am beginning to wonder Marco if you really are still in that position since you have already abrogated your position on The Cabinet. I am not sure you are still in a position to represent the interests of the AAA. Perhaps that needs to discussed. Perhaps an election is needed for a new Commander of the Anglo Allied Army.

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:09 pm 

Not wanting to intrude in your discussion but since you made it public... I think there is an election to come this summer for the Coalition CiC as per the new rules (thinking that it will be the law of the land soon). :wink:

And then, I think it would be even better if you had that discussion in your own part of the Forum as it seems to be for the benefit of the Coalition. :roll:

3ème Régiment de Grenadiers - Bataillon d'élite du 3ème Légère
2ème Brigade
Grenadiers de la Réserve
Réserve
La Grande Armée
--------------------------
"From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step."
Napoléon Bonaparte

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
Groucho Marx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:18 pm 
Salute!

Anything that involves the active standing of the President of the NWC as duly elected by the membership of the whole club, is certainly of interest to the whole of the club.

As for elections of CiC's and individual armies, correct, there are scheduled elections.
However, should any club officer be found abusing his authority and/or otherwise harassing or intimidating another club member - that is above and beyond the schedule of any election.

And such a situation also becomes the purview of the club Cabinet.

Regards,

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:20 pm 

I urge french officers to leave this topic alone. This is strictly an allied army issue and has the potential to become heated.

2ème Brigade,
2ème Division,
1er Corps d'Armée,
La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:02 pm 

Can we have a new Forum titled "Politics" ?

Then those of us (majority?) that just want to trade inter army insults and re fight battles can ignore it.

I know this is selfish but as long as someone is prepared to shoulder the admin bits I don't really care who it is. In the future I may have to volunteer to take on a more responsible role. For now though all this in fighting is depressing and not good for the club.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 pm 

Bravo David

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:13 am 

Gentlemen

If you have glanced at the thread you have some idea what it’s about.
If it is of no interest don’t look at it again,same principle as that mythical object the “TV off button”.
In my humble opinion it is a matter for The Tavern as it involves what appears to be the arbiter action of a Member of the Cabinet.
If a French Officer who is a Cabinet Member and thus represents this Club behaves in a manner contrary to that expected of a gentleman am I not entitled comment :?:
As far as an election is concerned will that be forthcoming if the new Rules are voted down :?:
Lots of ? in this post :!:
Pleased to see Tony used one after the word "majority" in his post as I thought he had joined the” Speaking for the Majority” Brigade :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:29 am 

In my humble opinion it is a matter for The Tavern as it involves what appears to be the arbiter action of a Member of the Cabinet.

Salute

I agree with Jim on this- it will be interesting to see the full explanation of what occurred, especially as Jim points out if the rule changes are voted down then elections could be limited.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:36 am 

Correct - I speak for me, but I wonder how many are interested in the in fighting among those that have taken it upon their shoulders to run our club. I am grateful to them. I just wish they could sort it out in private. Personally I find all the arguments depressing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:41 am 

They apparently keep it for themselves because the Cabinet Forum doesn't have a new message since the 11 of January 2014: to me that mean that nobody sent any complaint to the Cabinet unless they are using back channels (emails) to communicate. :lol:

3ème Régiment de Grenadiers - Bataillon d'élite du 3ème Légère
2ème Brigade
Grenadiers de la Réserve
Réserve
La Grande Armée
--------------------------
"From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step."
Napoléon Bonaparte

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
Groucho Marx