Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:22 pm 

This is exactly the type of thing I have suspected, I have copied this from the voting thread and I assume the person who requested this addition was Marco:

7. 3.2.3. Please add a responsibility: ‘When one of the officers in the army is not acting according to the best interest of the army (negative or destructive actions) or the NWC as a whole the Army commander is allowed to expel the officer from the army. The Army commander will inform the cabinet about the case and the reasons for expelling the officer. The officer in question will be made in-active or he can try to transfer to another army ‘

Why on earth would we want such a thing incorporated into the club rules?

I don't mean to debate this point here only to build the case the Marco has:

1. Been vindicative in his behavior by removing Mark Jones as our Chief of Staff
2. This behavior is an abuse of his position
3. This abuse coupled with his resignation from the Cabinent indicates his inability to continue to act effectively as the CiC.

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 am 

Getting along is a two way street, chief of staffs serve at the behest of the CIC. Marco is well within his rights to shake up his staff if he feels it is warranted. Painting Marco as being vindictive and not putting any blame Mark at all is very disengenuos. Look on the bright side, now Mark can devote more time to being president. Also Mark not being Cos of the AAA in no way diminishes his standing as president and is a hysterical argument to make.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:59 am 

Dear Mr Stotsenburgh

"Getting along is a two way street"

I agree, now who was it that sacked who :D :?:

"hysterical argument"

perhaps a little hyperbolical :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:38 am 

Jim,
Marco has the right that every CIC has and that is to name his own staff. If Marco and Mark haven't been getting along on for years no matter what the reason it's Marco's perogative to make a change. As the charge was originally made that Mark not being COS of the AAA somehow diminishes his role as club president i continue to find it a hysterical argument to make, born out of emotion and nothing else. The members of the AAA will have their say when voting takes place.

regards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 am 
Salute!

David S wrote: As the charge was originally made that Mark not being COS of the AAA somehow diminishes his role as club president i continue to find it a hysterical argument to make, born out of emotion and nothing else.

I've just read the thread through several times and I'm failing to find this charge.
But then there are a lot of posts and I could very well have missed it.
But you also say that it was the original hence I looked in the initial post, but still cannot find it.

Can you quote the charge please?

By the way, I totally agree that not being CoS has no bearing on Mark's role as duly elected Club President.

I also agree that the CiC of an army can pick and choose his CoS.
But it is sort of like an army picking and choosing their CiC, is it not?

Let us take a trip down that country lane in my next post.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 am 
Salute!

The question here that has been raised is whether or not Marco remains CiC of the Coalition.

From the current Club Rules: 3.1.1 The CiC is responsible for... Serves on the Club Cabinet.

Rue 3.2.6 Allied CiC represents all of the Allied Armies on the Cabinet.

It is a matter of public record on display in multiple threads throughout the club forums and in official Cabinet Minutes that Marco resigned his position on the Cabinet.

This by any reading of the Club Rules would automatically disqualify him from serving as the CiC of the Coalition armies.

We'll get to the country mile about CiC's serving at the will of their officers shortly.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:58 am 

David Stotsenburgh wrote:
Jim,
Marco has the right that every CIC has and that is to name his own staff. If Marco and Mark haven't been getting along on for years no matter what the reason it's Marco's perogative to make a change. As the charge was originally made that Mark not being COS of the AAA somehow diminishes his role as club president i continue to find it a hysterical argument to make, born out of emotion and nothing else. The members of the AAA will have their say when voting takes place.

regards

Huh? Who made that charge? The points I tried to make were that 1. Mark's removal was due to vindictiveness, and 2. how can we have a CiC who has resigned from Cabinent. There was nothing hysterical or emotional about.

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:06 am 

“Never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good story” Brigade :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:10 am 

Jim Hall wrote:
“Never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good story” Brigade :shock:

Indeed Jim, I may have a nomination for that Brigade commander. :cry:

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 am 

Quote:
Anything that involves the active standing of the President of the NWC

How does Mark not being COS of the AAA diminish his being president?

Whether he is the COS or not has nothing to do with him being president. or am i reading the intent of the above line wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:00 am 

David Stotsenburgh wrote:
Quote:
Anything that involves the active standing of the President of the NWC

How does Mark not being COS of the AAA diminish his being president?

Whether he is the COS or not has nothing to do with him being president. or am i reading the intent of the above line wrong?

That is not my quote.

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:02 am 

Todd Schmidgall wrote:
Salute!

David Guegan's recent post below I felt more properly belonged in another thread, so I copied it in Voting for Club Rules thread, and responded in that one.

This is simply to take caution on hijacking the present thread.

Regards,

Thank you for serving as moderator of that topic... and since you are at that maybe you should apply to become moderator for the forum. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3ème Régiment de Grenadiers - Bataillon d'élite du 3ème Légère
2ème Brigade
Grenadiers de la Réserve
Réserve
La Grande Armée
--------------------------
"From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step."
Napoléon Bonaparte

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
Groucho Marx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:12 am 
Salute!

Todd wrote: Anything that involves the active standing of the President of the NWC is of interest.

Yes, I will stand by the statement, not that it affects his job, but that the situation is of interest to the club membership when some try to say this is an internal Coalition matter only.

To further support my view that this is of interest I will quote a proposal from Marco during the Cabinet discussion about the Revised Club Rules:

7. 3.2.3. Please add a responsibility: ‘When one of the officers in the army is not acting according to the best interest of the army (negative or destructive actions) or the NWC as a whole the Army commander is allowed to expel the officer from the army. The Army commander will inform the cabinet about the case and the reasons for expelling the officer. The officer in question will be made in-active or he can try to transfer to another army ‘

The implication of wanting such a rule here is that the following could occur: the CiC could expel a sitting President from the Coalition Army and then if the disenfranchised officer was not able to affect a transfer to another army, you would have an elected President of the Club without an assigned position.

David G wrote:
Thank you for serving as moderator of that topic... and since you are at that maybe you should apply to become moderator for the forum. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi David, no, not serving as a moderator, hence your post remains in this thread, I just thought it would be better to respond elsewhere.... No offense intended sir.

As for use of the term hijacking it is often used in referring to posts that don't have to do with the thread in which they are found.

I'm sure I'm guilty of hijacking myself from time to time. :mrgreen:

Regards,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 am 

Quote:
That is not my quote.

never said it was.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:35 am 

Quote:
Todd wrote: Anything that involves the active standing of the President of the NWC is of interest.

Yes, I will stand by the statement, not that it affects his job, but that the situation is of interest to the club membership when some try to say this is an internal Coalition matter only.

To further support my view that this is of interest I will quote a proposal from Marco during the Cabinet discussion about the Revised Club Rules:

yeah well i'm pretty sure it's not the first time that something has been proposed and shot down by the cabinet. don't see getting worked up on things that were proposed and not adopted, water under the bridge as far as i am concerned. i'm sure current and former members of the cabinet could tell us more than a few funny stories about proposed rules changes that never happened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next