Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:06 pm 

Guys - I need five playtesters for the next title (French Revolutionary War - the Rhine and Danube campaigns of 1796-1800) game I am working on. They need to be able to do 3-4 game files a week. Might be good if you can also do a few "blitz rounds" too - meaning a day where you can do 3-4 files for a game you are testing.

Our team has 7 members. I want to round it off to 12 members so I have plenty of coverage in case one or two members go on vacation or get ill or have to do business travel.

I need someone who does NOT "live on the road" but if you do you must be able to play the game while on the road.

Must have a steady internet connection. Must be able to download large "builds" for the game. (just think: smaller size than the final game). I do updates now and then. Usually these are in the area of 3 MB to 50 MB depending on the size of the update.

Graphics card should be able to handle the typical John Tiller Software title. If you can open up Leipzig with no problems that is great. If you have Marengo and it opens with no problems that is perfect.

You would be asked to play in at least one game at a time. If you want to pick up a second game that works too. There is also some Solitaire testing required. Bill Cann and Paco have usually been doing my solitaire testing but I have them working on another new project as well and I dont want them to have to bear that load for every title.

Looking for someone that is easy to get along with ... our team is a great group of guys. All of them are in this game club (but note: the playtest games will not count for club points). These are games where you are not so much looking to win but to also look over the scenario for errors or offer up suggestions. As the guys know I have incorporated a lot of the playtesters suggestions into the games.

Final note: veteran gamer only. This does not mean that you win all the time. It means you understand the game system well.

Contact me via email please. You can find my email in the DoR listing! Looking forward to working with you soon!

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:20 pm 

A pity, I'm currently in a Beta for AGEOD or else I would have volunteered.
But it's simply not fair to volunteer if I have to spread my attention to other betas and would only be in with half my attention.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:30 pm 

Enjoy your beta testing! I did that for Slitherine on a few products and it was nice to be on the "playtest" end for a change. Well I did design several scenarios for each of the modules I worked on but it was a lot different being the one who tested rather than provide the materials to a team and wait for them to submit reviews.

If you get done with that email me. I might still need members for the team!

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)