Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 pm 

Guys - the 2D counters for the older graphics in the Nap series were updated for Leipzig, 1814 and Bautzen but the other games, and in particular a new one, BPW, retain the old look. It is hard to pick out a 2D cav counter vs. an infantry counter in the 2D Zoom In view.

I updated the BPW file tonight and here are the results:

Before:

After:

Pretty easy to spot the cavalry counters now! :frenchcool1:

You can download the file from here. I also will be posting an entire set of graphics for all of the games to the SDC site. This file will not work for the other games as some of the flags were left off for nations that were not used in the game (Prussia, Russia and Austria).

The file goes in the Map subfolder for the Bonaparte's Peninsular War game.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:16 pm 

I think those are in the update candidate that Rich Hamilton has posted at his JTS development board; it was something that I changed when working on the graphics (as in correcting the flags and toning down the counter colors some).

This will also be added to the MP titles -and I guess eventually I will get around to adding them to REN but REN is a little bit of a different deal since I don't think that I will have all that much time to mess around with the 3d figures due to other project obligations. The 2d look will change there though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:52 pm 

Now Steve if you can only get Rich to implement my Waterloo map tags set that I sent him ;)

In that set (which is just the map file ...) I changed the map tags to be normal without the + sign to the left of the placename. Also upsized that map tag text too.

Its funny too as Rich was telling me for some of my titles that the map tag text was too small - some of the customers wanted everything to use the largest text size ... but Waterloo came out with the smallest text size tags of all of the games.

I fixed it but as of the last Waterloo update - well still the same tags.

I dont have the file anymore... had sent it to Rich so I cant resend it if he doesnt have it ... :frenchcool

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:27 am 

To be fair -I think it would be more honest of me to say that I think I probably have more ability to influence a .bmp file than I would a .map file, as more of a general statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:26 am 

Was just joking, Steve. I never ask someone else to lobby my case for me. :frenchsalute:

NWC Founding Member