Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:32 pm 

Its been a little over a year since I returned to the club and I have just finished playing my 600th turn. Of the 15 games I have played in, 10 of them are finished. 2 of them are MP games - one concluded - the other is into its 63rd turn.

My longest game is with David "Le Tondu"Andrews. We are playing the Leipzig "One Battle" campaign of the historical battle. We just reached turn 150. David pounded the Prussian 1st Corps on the first day gaining for himself a 6500 point advantage. I am trying to reduce that deficit but it seems like trying to climb Mt. Everest! :)

Thanks again to the good ole NWC for providing me with opponents and plenty of thunder and steel!

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:17 am 

Great to hear of your activity! It's members like you that keep the club as the best for Napoleonic wargaming. Great to have you with us!

My longest current game is against Veryfast Phil Driscoll, turn 360 of the Ulm Campaign and one of the best games I've played in a long time. My shattered Austrians are running from Augsburg now, after several surprising and escalating encounters elsewhere....but the French paid a heavy price.

Still plenty of life in these games.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:26 am 

I'm currently on about turn 250 of a 524 turn Jena-Auerstaedt operational scenario (the Weimar Arrives variant). One of the biggest challenges I've faced, and very enjoyable. I still have a minor victory at this stage after much manoeuvring, skirmishing and several large battles, but my excellent French opponent (Christian Rizo) plans to change that!

~ 1st Company, 3rd Battalion, 1st Regiment of Foot Guards ~

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:33 am 

250 + turns to go then :) I managed some 450 against Dean Beecham at Jena years ago now....then we discovered a bug, now rectified: The Russians Are Coming! .......but without any artillery ammo.

Those big campaign games are the best in my opinion. They offer all sorts of challenges not offered by the standalone battles, which rapidly become slug fests. I've a number going at Eckmuhl, Austerlitz, Waterloo and Leipzig; the numbers of games I'm playing has decreased as scenario size increases.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 pm 

Its guys like you that make me want to finish mapping up all of Germany so we can just start at March 1813 and play right on up to October! ... yup about 22000 turns but I think I could get a few takers lol

Spring Campaign would be about 5600 turns ;) Fall about 8400 turns.

Now if we use 15 min. turns ;) ... 5600 becomes like 3800 to 4000 .... and so on.

Actually I would be more than willing to build a scale map that is operational and have the CinCs maneuver their forces around and then when we come to a battle just play it out. I could map new areas as needed ;)

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:37 pm 

Bill Peters wrote:
Actually I would be more than willing to build a scale map that is operational and have the CinCs maneuver their forces around and then when we come to a battle just play it out. I could map new areas as needed ;)

Oh that is a wet dream of me and I guess of many others here, if we could not only fight a battles but also do the operational aspects of a campaign it would be marvelous.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:00 am 

Nice to read about the campaigns you guys are in!

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support