Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:14 am 

2016 & 2015 Department of Records (DoR) Annual Reports Published

Gents,

The 2016 & 2015 Department of Records (DoR) Annual Reports have been published.

The 2016 one is a full report, since there hasn't been major change in the data that is updated in real time. But since information for the 2015 one wasn't copied until both this summer and just this past week, some of the sections are not included, as the data has changed.

Also you will note other comments in both mentioning that some information for the popular scenarios & the top marcher by minutes report (designed for the HistWar games) will not be published in future reports until further activity occurs. This will lessen the amount of work & redundant data being published. But not to worry, none of it is related to the HPS/JTS, Battleground or AGEOD games we play.

Hopefully folks will be happy with the work!

They can be found located on this page:

http://www.wargamech.ca/wc/nwc/Club_Web ... ports.html

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:50 am 

Great work, Scott. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:47 am 

Thanks Scott

2ème Brigade,
2ème Division,
1er Corps d'Armée,
La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:25 pm 

"With all you do, this Bud's for you" :frenchlol1: (from an old US beer commercial ...)

Ok - that just to say, thanks Scott! And anyone else that is a part of the DoR process! Well done.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:00 pm 

Scott - I went over the report for 2016 and found a few things of interest:

1. Leipzig ... I didn't see a lot of the 15 min. scenarios being played. Sort of disappointed in that I put a lot of work in converting the scenarios to that format. This justifies my belief that only a small group of them need to be converted for any of my games from this point forward. The call "Well Bill its just nice to have them handy" doesnt cut it with me. Its time better well spent on other work.

2. Nice to see the Saxony vs. Russia Nations scenario being played. I need to look into more of those. Folks seemed to like that approach.

3. While 1814 is not the most popular game on the block its getting played. The usual feedback I get is that "there is too much Guard." Well all I can say is that Napoleon's presence electrified his troops. His arrival at Dresden, anywhere in France - it all galvanized the men into action. He regained some of his old fire in 1814.

4. Nice to see NIR, BGW and PTW being played. Old favorites! Wish that they had some of the updates from the newer series but with some house rules they were fun to play - and you could square up before a charge or even launch a counter charge in that series. Two things I miss in the current one and so do many .... however, I dont miss six files per turn but oh well.... played Kutusov Turns to Fight so many times the bytes wore off the CD! ROFL

Enjoyed seeing the play that Marengo has gotten so far in its brief time in the lists. A good variety of the scenarios too.

Question: where do I go to see the results of battles by scenario name? I would like to chart the progress of the Marengo scenarios as played by the club members. Even if many of the guys do no "recon" the game resulting in massive defeats its good to see how the playing is going for Marengo.

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:25 pm 

Many thanks for the work Scott. :frenchvive:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 am 

Happy to do so! I tend to look at the data throughout the year & it's nice to keep publishing it every year. The small amount of work is worth the benefit! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:25 am 

Bill......to answer your questions:

1.) I did a real quick search:

340 Total Leipzig Games

35 were 15 Minute Scenarios

M15-076. First Day of Leipzig was played 4 times to be the most popular, so just shy of making the list. 8 were scenarios related to the First Day of Leipzig. 6 were bonus scenarios (4 of the Berlin Ops and 2 of M15-Bonus 10. Danzig: Assault on the Hills). 4 were Confederation of the Rhine versus Austria/Prussia.

The Blitz has recorded (Chad can correct me if I got the data wrong):

167 Total Leipzig Games

31 were 15 Minute Scenarios

15 Scenarios played were - M15-064. Action at Göhrde: Pécheux Reinforced

9 Scenarios played were - M15-076. First Day of Leipzig

So First Day of Leipzig seems to be popular. :)

2.) I too thought the different national matchups were a lot of fun! Played them solo mostly, but hope to play against someone when my time allows. But the idea is a good one and worked well given all the "nations" at Leipzig.

3.) It actually does get played, about half a dozen games give or take in recent years. I too had thought early on that there was too much Guard & your thoughts on it are quite right. Plus they were in their own lands now fighting. But the Allies aren't a force to just walk all over either. Results wise, things are actually split right down the middle with equal number of victories for both sides of the Club. With La Patrie en Danger and Napoleon's First Lunge North/South being the heavily played ones. I don't think it quite caught on with the French side of the Club when it was released, but it has gained some steam since. The massive maps for many of the scenarios are filled with a lot of options for play.

4.) I know, right! They still do.... :D 13 games in the past two years and 142 since 2010. Those are some features that were nice, but I agree that not having so many files per turn is nice too. NIR is one that I probably played the most of too! I have gone through at least 3 CD's of it and made backup copies too. Played PTW a lot too. But something about NIR was beautiful, the mass of troops was splendid. Kutusov Turns to Fight was always a good one and since 2010 (when DoR came online) it is the most played scenario of the 3 games, at 25 times. 14. The Battle of Waterloo at 20 games with 03. The Battle of Quatre Bras and 03. General d'Erlon's Assault the next two. They have a following still with the two "notorious" ones themselves Richard Bradshaw and Mark Hornsby carrying their fair share. :D

I'll send you the sheet that will be helpful for what you're looking for about the Marengo scenarios. I'll attach it to the reply for your recent email. We were away for a week dog sitting at a friends and I am not a fan typing email replies on the wife's MacBook laptop, so have been catching up on correspondence.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:23 am 

Great work. Thanks! :frenchsalute:

3ª Division de Andalucía (España)
III (Peninsular) Corps

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:19 pm 

Thanks for the response, Scott. Good to see the 15 min. versions being played. It just didnt show up on your report thats all.

I find the 15 min. works best when done for multiday scenarios. Seems to help get through the longer scenarios.

NWC Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:30 am 

Bill Peters wrote:
Thanks for the response, Scott. Good to see the 15 min. versions being played. It just didnt show up on your report thats all.

I find the 15 min. works best when done for multiday scenarios. Seems to help get through the longer scenarios.

Yeah the reports only list the first 20 most played scenarios and it is literally down to the actual scenario, if a variant has a different file, it's a separate count.

I think there is good reason for the 15 minute ones and the multiday scenario is a good one for sure!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:59 am 

Jose Faura wrote:
Great work. Thanks! :frenchsalute:

More than happy to! :)

Congrats to you Jose, being one of the Top 5 Active Officers by Number of Turns Played within the Anglo-Allied Army for 2016! There are awards that go with it and I hope to post about it shortly! Good job! :D