Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jena Questions
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:16 am 

While it has been about six or seven years, perhaps more, since I last played this title, there seem to be some discrepancies between the "changes" listed in the updates and the parameter data. I recently reloaded the game from the original disk and downloaded the 1.06 update from the JTS site.

Stacking limits are 1600 for infantry, not 1800 as stated in the 1.03 update. I never liked the 1800 stacking, so not an issue for me. French morale was upgraded in the 1.03 update, with ligne battalions for example going from 'C' to 'B' morale quality. This appears to have reverted back to a 'C' quality. French cavalry has also reverted back to the original morale ratings. Again, this is not an issue for me - and I used to play on the French side - as I thought the change tilted the game toward the French.

I checked to make sure the game is updated to the 1.06 version by using the Help pull down menu with a game file opened.

Did I miss something after all these years away from this title? Nothing in the changes subsequent to the 1.03 update appear to have reverted to the original game's parameters. While I like this, and was never in favor of the changes, does anyone know what may have happened...?

Austrian Korps

Post subject: Re: Jena Questions
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:08 am 

Jeff Mathes wrote:
While it has been about six or seven years, perhaps more, since I last played this title, there seem to be some discrepancies between the "changes" listed in the updates and the parameter data. I recently reloaded the game from the original disk and downloaded the 1.06 update from the JTS site.

Stacking limits are 1600 for infantry, not 1800 as stated in the 1.03 update. I never liked the 1800 stacking, so not an issue for me. French morale was upgraded in the 1.03 update, with ligne battalions for example going from 'C' to 'B' morale quality. This appears to have reverted back to a 'C' quality. French cavalry has also reverted back to the original morale ratings. Again, this is not an issue for me - and I used to play on the French side - as I thought the change tilted the game toward the French.

I checked to make sure the game is updated to the 1.06 version by using the Help pull down menu with a game file opened.

Did I miss something after all these years away from this title? Nothing in the changes subsequent to the 1.03 update appear to have reverted to the original game's parameters. While I like this, and was never in favor of the changes, does anyone know what may have happened...?

stacking is 1800 for my version 1.06

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:43 am 

I did a test with some French legere, moving two battalions into a hex, one of 790 men and anther of 743 men = 1533. Then detached a skirmisher of 87 men and attempted to move into the hex - exceeds maximum stacking limitation.

As I said previously, I like this change - if that is what it is.

Austrian Korps

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:56 am 

Jeff - I just updated my Jena game to 1.06 and I can stack two 800+ man Prussian battalions in the same hex. The stacking limits for the titles I work on remain at 1800 men.

Not sure what happened in your game. Maybe an older PDT file is still left over. Not sure.

When in doubt - reinstall and do the update again.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:01 am 

I just commenced a PBEM game, so I wonder how this will play if my opponent has the 1.06 update but with the 1.03 factors, e.g. 1800 infantry stacking, morale changes, etc.

Austrian Korps

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:34 am 

Maybe something wasn't overwritten correctly, it's so in PC Moscow 42 latest patch were one has to manually copy a file into the game folder.

First, don't install into the the Program Files folder, use a separate folder for your games, at best not even under the C: partition.
Second, install the patch in a separate folder and manually move its content into the game folder. Allow everything to be written over.

BTW you did apply the correct patch? I mean if you got the HPS version installed you should not use the JTS patch and vise versa.