Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:33 am 

Today I finished a new type of "Bonus Document" for the Design folder. Its a PDF that has ALL of the OB units as found in the next game.

Frankly I am pleased as punch with this document. It has a Table of Contents to each of the NATION listings (to include pages for the minor Nations as well) with a back link to the TOC too. So you click on the Hanover link, look over their OB unit listings and then you can click on the "TOC" link at the top of the page by the word "Hanover" and you are back at the Table of Contents and can go quickly to another Nation listing.

I should have done this long ago. Its going to be a real help when I go to make custom OBs for the Bonus scenarios.

Along the way I did some checking of the OBs and found several cases where I had copied the squadrons or battalions to fill out the rest of the regiment but had failed to change the number of the squadron from "1." There were not many instances of this. I use Ultra Edit to find these type of mistakes.

Along with the common generic unit types are the regimental listings for the early and late periods of the Austrian army. Every regiment has a separate unit line listing. The same goes for the Hanover and Hessian listings.

The French have a special listing showing the units.bmp and 3D#s I used for the National Guard battalions. As there was no way we could have a unique image for all of the NG units I had to reuse images. This listing shows which images were used for which NG battalions. Its not perfect and I am sure that the experts will find fault but its the best I could do. There more unique images for the French in this game than in any other in the series. Simply amazing at the work that the graphics team has done.

Last week I finished up all five of the "Situation Maps" PDF files for the main folder. Bought went nuts with a full week of work in Photoshop! UGH glad that that is over! :thumbsup:

A portion of the Paris map from the Campaign 1814 game will be used for a "Battle of Paris" pitting the Army of the Conde' and Austrians vs. the French. Set in 1794 its based on an Allied victory at Fleurus with the Allies marching victoriously on Paris. Of course the French will be launching their balloon for better observation! :frenchwink:

Finally, I finished a smallish hypothetical map this week. All I can say is "gentlemen, man your boats" as its going to be a watery adventure! :frenchcool1: The map will be used in one of the Bonus Documents.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)