Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Game Design Work
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:02 am 

Just to let you guys know I did pick up a new game project. I am not at liberty to discuss it at this point. Just letting you know that I was able to get a new project and thus funding for the things I need in life.

Current game is just about done. Waiting on artwork and checking files at this point.

I did add on a southern map extension to the Hohenlinden map. Redid the units for Decaen (French) and Riesch (Austrian) and it all makes a lot more sense now.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

Post subject: Re: New Game Design Work
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:59 pm 

Bill Peters wrote:

Current game is just about done. Waiting on artwork and checking files at this point.

I did add on a southern map extension to the Hohenlinden map. Redid the units for Decaen (French) and Riesch (Austrian) and it all makes a lot more sense now.

When is the release?

Moscow Grenadier Regiment
2nd Grenadier Division
Russian Corps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:53 pm 

Before Christmas barring any major delays. Mark said that Joe was 5/9ths of the way done with the 3D infantry artwork (last week) and so I am expecting all of it to be done no later than after Thanksgiving. Mark then will work on the Leaders file while Joe does any other terrain or 3D work.

My final part will be done after I get all of the artwork, review it, get final fixes done if there are errors and then into the final review period.

The newer project is moving along well. My goal has been to get out about 20 scenarios for playtesting before Mark and Joe finish up with the artwork on this past year's project. That way I can devote as much of my time to the final review of the French Rev Wars project as I can while the newer project is in playtest phase. So far I have had the team start up six playtest games with probably 5 more yet to go.

Very exciting times as in December I also start work again on my new Napoleonic series (brigade level) I am working on with another programmer. So yes, I will be working on THREE projects at once!

If another project ever gets handed to me by yet ANOTHER company I will be working on three projects at once into next year. At the point when the brigade level series would start making royalties I would then be truly self employed and rolling along.

I am looking into publishing boardgames on VASSAL. At $10 each I could do a "quadrigame" series on the Napoleonic AND ACW periods. Four battles per title. Two large battles and two smaller battles. Examples:

Game #1
Wagram
Aspern-Essling
Ebelsberg
Linz

Game #2
Austerlitz
Caldiero
Durenstein
Gunzburg

Game #3
Eylau
Friedland
Pultusk
Heilsberg

And so on.

The idea would be to use shared maps as much as possible but only where the battle is worth playing. Bernadotte's counterattack at Linz saved the French army a total embarrassment. Ebelsberg was a bold bridge crossing in the face of a superior enemy. Wagram and Aspern-Essling obviously make sense being put in the same title. Same map basically.

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:07 pm 

Joe almost done with the 3D infantry images. However, Mark has a ton of birthday parties coming up as well as Thanksgiving. Thinking that while his wife and daughter in laws are busy with Black Friday shopping he will be baby sitting too! :russianveryhappy:

But the main thing is that the 3D infantry is almost done. 3D skirmisher file also will come with that.

Once that is over the bulk of the 3D work is done. Mark and I will work on the leader file images. Mark and Joe on any new terrain updates.

After I have looked over all of the artwork I will build the Getting Started file as well as the screenshots for the product webpage.

Meanwhile, back to work on the new game. Just had an odd error happen. I call it the "Dragoon Teleporter Anomaly" as one of Paco's dragoon squadrons was magically moved during the command test to the north edge of the board in a routed state and one of his leaders is now missing.

Hey, its only a FRENCH dragoon and leader -- is that really such a BAD thing? ;) :frenchlol: :frenchlol1:

NWC Founding Member