Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CEF - Progress Report
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:50 pm 

June was a very busy one for game design. Today I finished up coding the leader image numbers in the spreadsheet and OBs. I also standardized the spellings of the leader names. I have to add in some images to the playtest version of the Leaders.bmp file before we can use the OBs but pretty much that part of the game is done.

CEF will feature every leader having its own unique leader image number. This does not mean that there will be unique images for all of them but later if we find images for leaders we can easily add them in and removing the generic image "placeholder."

There will be duplicate generic images used so that you will see the same image many times but never in the same division if I can help it.

This was a lot of work but I thought that since this is my last game for the series I would go all out for the guys that come along later and update the leader images with a MOD or update.

I also built the Leaders Review scenario - laid out all of the leaders - so that is done.

I also built the 3D units Review scenario and OB files - laid out the units. That is done.

Really coming down to the end. I still have Bonus documents to finish off like the CEF Battles or CEF OB Compendium but pretty much the major part of the design work is behind us.

Bill Cann and Jim Pfleucke just got to Turn 5 of their first day of the Second Battle of Ostroleka - June 1807. Jim is the Russian player and trying to break into Bill's defensive position. Bill managed to knock off 4 guns and 700 men and has the upper hand but weight of numbers is going to force Bill's French V Corps forces back from the start line.

Doug Miller and Jim Owczarski are up to turn 57 of The Battle of Friedland. The French will have to take Friedland in order to get a victory. Its turning out pretty well but the French player lost too many cavalry points early on so I might have to change the victory levels a bit as in future games I think that that will not happen again.

Basically the Russians open the game attacking to the west as much as possible to try and destroy as many French units as possible before the rest of the French reinforcements arrive. Both sides will get to play the attacker and defender roles in this one.

That's it for now. I am now on the job hunting path full time until I get work so the game work is going to be relegated to fully part time which means about 5 hours a week max. for now.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:50 pm 

Quick update: I am finished with all of the scenario work for the game except for the small "Getting Started" tutorial scenario which I will complete after all of the artwork has been completed. This past week/weekend I added in all of the Bonus, Campaign and 15 Min. Turn Format scenarios.

We are now moving into "Phase 2" of the playtesting which is to go back and play the Battle of Eylau again as well as some other new scenarios I built over the last few months. Since Eylau will be the most popular battle in the game its very important that we make sure that the victory levels are as accurate as possible given two players of similar playing ability play each other.

I still have Bonus Documents to finish and also have to hunt for leader images. Basically most of the work is done on the game. I continue to hunt for errors in the files.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)