Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:43 pm 

From the front page of the JTS website:

"We continue to roll out updates for the Napoleonic Battles series. This is a major update implementing a 2D & 3D* Graphics overhaul and many new engine enhancements. This process is bringing all the games in the series up to the same level. In this round the following games are 1814, Bautzen, Eckmuhl, Jena, Wagram and the Russian Campaign. Grab them on the Updates page. *Only select titles will receive the new 3D maps with this round of updates."

So send off your technical officer to the website with instructions for him to download the updates! Enjoy!

http://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html

Note: Eckmuhl and NRC has the new style painted maps as I mentioned earlier. You have to download those separately. They are NOT part of the update for either game.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:38 pm 

Great news!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:13 pm 

Some issues with the Wagram update:

1. Polish 3D skirmisher image was that of a routed image. I am going to see if Mark Adams can fix that. If not I will fix it myself. This also includes any infantry unit that would use 3D image #35 to the end of the list. There are images in the "C" file for the 3D formed infantry images but no corresponding skirmisher image. Either Mark or myself just have to grab one of the "Line Formation" images and create a skirmisher image from that.

2. Philippe Divine's name was misspelled in the Introduction page in the Artwork PDF I created.

3. Something else but I forget ....

All files sent to Rich. He says he can include those in the update and post it again. Once he does that I will let you guys know when you can get the update. For now you might want to hold off on grabbing it if you have not done so already.

I just finished with the Austerlitz update. Over 180 files were either corrected or created. After finishing up with Austerlitz I am ready for a LONG vacation where there are no computers or screens to look at. A desert island in the South Seas with ample food, drink and Skeedoo would suit me fine! ROFL

I will share the files with Christian and Paco (and others) and they can look over anything they want. Any other serious interested parties are welcome to join in as well. I can email the file (its 1.7 MB) to those that would like to help out.

Rich just sent me the links to the Marengo, RBR and CEF updates. I am sharing those with my "Old Guard" playtest guys as well as Steve Trauth for any review time they want to spend on it. Again, any SERIOUS interested parties are welcome to join in. Just PM me your email address and name and I will send you the links.

The Leipzig update is still on hold as we await Frank Mullins on finishing up the painted maps. I will not mention this update again until its ready.

That's it for now. Have a great weekend!

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)