Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:21 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rich Hamilton</i>
<br />Oh how I wish I could comment...soon though...[B)]

Gen.de Div. Hamilton, 21st Division, VII Corps, ADR
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

April[:D]?
If you can't comment maybe Dierk will be able to say something?[;)]

I am waiting for it ! I am sure it will be very interesting to play...

<font color="green"> <b>Général de Division David Guégan</b>
11eme division Co.
III Corps, AdN
http://angelfire.lycos.com/games4/grande_armee/index.html</font id="green">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:45 am 

Well as a person who only bought wagram to try because of the 5 for 3 deal rich was offering. i will be buying a waterloo that will be the 5th game in the next deal.Had it not been for that deal i never would have bought a civil war game ,a nappy game or an american revolution game.
To all of those that love this period i can see where you would want anoter battle done.However i didnt have a computer when the BG games were comming out,so i would like a Waterloo game.
I also bought the BG civil war games.After playing both games i can now say i prefer hps games over the bg games and if they redo them that is fine with me.

Ensign Eric Karcher
3rd Line KGL, 1st Brigade KGL/4th Division /2nd. Corps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:19 am 

Dear all,
I would not be very objective in my reply as Belgian one.
Yes BG Waterloo (and PTW) is good !
Yes Cobexlaw has done a very good job !
But, for me, everything about the Waterloo battle/campaign <u><b>IS</b></u> good !!
I think it has been the most famous, the most fascinating, the most legendar of all the battles which took place in my country, and I may say there are been a lot, don't you think so "band of brothers" ? [;)]

<font color="orange">2d Lieutenant Valère Bernard
Bataillon de Ligne Nº 7
[url="http://home.planet.nl/~boe01171/HQ/1Brig.htm"]1e Brigade[/url]
2e Nederlandsche Divisie
I Corps
Anglo-Allied Army
</font id="orange">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:25 pm 

I would much rather see a Napoleon campaign in Spain with Wellington in command of the Allied forces.

And of course a early years campaign, say around 1796-1800.

It is not all about Napoleon you know. [:D]

Waterloo would be last on my list for HPS.

Until then...

<b><font color="gold">2nd Lt.</font id="gold"> A. Burr</b>
<b><font color="red">2nd Jaeger
Fresnel Division</font id="red">
<font color="beige">I Korps</font id="beige">
Austrian Army</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:08 pm 

The games I'd like to see befor another Waterloo (Though it is my favorite?
1.)How about the Italian Campaigns? One set of maps and multiple oobs could cover quite a few strategic situations from 1792-1800.
2.) I admit Spain could work if the entire country was covered and the French had an option wher they werent hampered by infighting among the marshalate.
3.) The campaign in France would be interesting if the French could enjoy the golden morale the Russians used to have in NIR & NRC to provide a facade of equality.

Marshal Drew Stone
Comte de Garonne
AdC II Corps, ADN
Cmdr. 1ere Division de Infanterie la Jeune Garde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:18 pm 

By all means bring on Campaign Waterloo! It was this battle (Talonsoft) that helped bring about the formation of this club. While some grognards may be tired of it, giving Waterloo the campaign treatment might attract some new members to NWC. And I'm sure many old hands (remember Avalon Hill's Waterloo and SPI's Wellington's Victory?) would enjoy trying their hand at the campaign version. I would much prefer the full Tiller treatment than some mod.
We all have our wish lists for future games (mine is an HPS designed game on the battle of Marengo). So lets not be negative about Waterloo.

Regards, Conjotter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:01 pm 

I would love to see Campaign Waterloo for just one little reason...

I would love to see a scenario equivalent to the 5 Days scen in Eckmuhl, or the full combined scenario in the Naps Last Battles Quad. [:D]

Feldmarschall Gary McClellan
1st Jäger Bn
Brigade Wintzergerode
Chief of Staff Imperial Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:32 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by conjotter</i>
<br />(...)
We all have our wish lists for future games (mine is an HPS designed game on the battle of Marengo). So lets not be negative about Waterloo.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drewstone</i>
<br />
The games I'd like to see befor another Waterloo (Though it is my favorite?
1.)How about the Italian Campaigns? One set of maps and multiple oobs could cover quite a few strategic situations from 1792-1800.
(...)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Burr</i>
<br />
I would much rather see a Napoleon campaign in Spain with Wellington in command of the Allied forces.

And of course a early years campaign, say around 1796-1800

<font color="yellow">Yes, the Campaign of Italy is one big neglected confrontation (along with the Peninsular War)!! I think there is plenty of material to look at, especially the battle of Marengo.

I suspect scenario designers to overlook these campaigns because they became so knowledgeable in the 1805-1815 period that they are hesitant to start "from scratch" with something else! [}:)]

Just a thought, though! [^]</font id="yellow">

[url="mailto:pyguinard@hotmail.com"]Lt Pierre-Yves Guinard[/url],
6e Division, II Corp
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:15 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary McClellan</i>
<br />I would love to see Campaign Waterloo for just one little reason...

I would love to see a scenario equivalent to the 5 Days scen in Eckmuhl, or the full combined scenario in the Naps Last Battles Quad. [:D]

<cough> [^]

Gen.de Div. Hamilton, 21st Division, VII Corps, ADR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:08 pm 

HPS/Tiller redid GETTYSBURG (I know different club), but most players have thought that the HPS version is SOOOO much better and different that it is well worth getting the game.

How many Gettysburg games are out there?

We do need another Waterloo, IMO.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
GdB,1er Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:58 am 
Hi all,

Waterloo is not a matter, but why not the campaign of 1806 ??

<b>ACW
Brigadier général Ghislain Krygier
Commandant 2nd Division
III Corps AoA

NWC
Général de Brigade Ghislain Krygier
Commandant 2nd Brigade
11°Division III Corps AdN

Baron d'Empire
2nd DIV <font color="blue">JEUNE</font id="blue"> GARDE <font color="red">IMPERIALE</font id="red"></b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:06 am 

I have Gettysburg by HPS. Its a fine game. Sure, I dont agree with some of the historical scenarios (supply wagons for the Rebs missing on the first day should mean that I Corps USA doenst have their's either and the Union arrives at McPherson's Ridge too early) but the maps give us Scenario Designers ALOT of room to work with in what-if battles.

The game is worth the price that folks must pay (yes, got mine for free) if only for the maps that are in the game.

The locking of the OB (as done in Gettysburg) is something that I have decided to discard for any of my future titles (though I gave it some thought) as it limits the guys that like to put what-if games together in the NWC. Other than that the game is excellant and is fun to play. I have a campaign of it going right now and my mighty army of N. Virginia has just sliced and diced up two Yank corps and serverly hurt another.

Waterloo - well if that is the next game then so be it. We need a new Waterloo as PTW/BG cannot give you a campaign game of the period like what we have for Eckmuhl. As far as I am concerned Waterloo is a great campaign to model.

And Rich has already hinted that he is going to work on the Peninsular Wars - you might have it by next year or maybe even late this year! Who knows - you might be hiding behind those reverse slopes sooner than expected!

As for other titles that you would like .... er, well I wont tell you any state secrets but yes, I am going to be working on several more titles and you should have your gizzard full of Napoleon by the time I and the rest of us are done with our titles.

I would predict a huge landslide of Napoleonic titles in the next year unless I miss my mark. I am guessing that you could see upwards to FIVE titles in the next year.

But that is just a guess. If the Idaho backcountry is as nice as they say you might end up with:

HPS Bear Hunter!!!

Fun topic. I might even provide live footage!!! Or is that "footrace?"

Oberst-Lt Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:46 am 

Bill, make sure you don't get eaten by those bears beofre you are finished..[;)]

Major Ed Blackburn
1/50th West Kent, 6th Div, II Corps, AAA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:18 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zinkyusa</i>
<br />Bill, make sure you don't get eaten by those bears beofre you are finished..[;)]

Major Ed Blackburn
1/50th West Kent, 6th Div, II Corps, AAA

I will try Ed, I will try! [:p]

"Nice bear, good bear, paws down, stay down boy!

Oops, its a momma bear!!! Man run for your lives!"

[B)][:0][xx(][|)][V][:D]

Oberst-Lt Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:23 pm 

yes
a new waterloo would be nice, and necessary to "kill" old battleground games.
I will buy it.
Only some concerns :
will the belgium map be detailled and acurate enough ?
will the campaign system be improved ?
will the spelling of french units corrected (no more 'le cavalerie de le garde de imperiale' please)
Regards
stephane

Austrian Army
6th husaren Blankenstein
finally figured out how to have the signature inserted in the post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next