Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:06 am 

If there is a new Waterloo coming out,Then thank god,I got my little Boy of 3 years ,playing BG waterloo scn The Fortress Stands,Me being the French.
Turn one,French dead 2,500 men,Allied Dead 675. I also done a Great Attack against a line of British Inf,French Att dead 250 British Dif loss 0 .
So all i can say is yep to all new games HPS are bring out.[:D]

<font color="red">Marechal</font id="red">
<font color="red">BEECHAM</font id="red"> Commandant
1ème Division de Cuirassiers,
1 Corps Res Cav,ADN.

"Toujours féroce,jamais étourdi"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:28 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dean beecham</i>
<br />If there is a new Waterloo coming out,Then thank god,I got my little Boy of 3 years ,playing BG waterloo scn The Fortress Stands,Me being the French.
Turn one,French dead 2,500 men,Allied Dead 675. I also done a Great Attack against a line of British Inf,French Att dead 250 British Dif loss 0 .

1 Corps Res Cav,ADN.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I was wondering where you got your tactics training from.[;)][:o)]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
GdB,1er Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 am 

was wondering where you got your tactics training from.

Ernie Sands
GdB,1er Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club

You see i was thinking that its now 200 years from when the Nappy wars were around,And because my little boy was so much into playing Nappy games and looking at war films,I thought that he could be Nappy him self reborn and could help me out a little with battles,And yep he playes well .
And i thought i was a good player,Wait until 13 years are up he will be here and then he could be training a lot of members.
God help the Allies.[;)][:D]

1 Corps Res Cav,ADN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:55 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stephane</i>
<br />yes
a new waterloo would be nice, and necessary to "kill" old battleground games.
I will buy it.
Only some concerns :
will the belgium map be detailled and acurate enough ?
will the campaign system be improved ?
will the spelling of french units corrected (no more 'le cavalerie de le garde de imperiale' please)
Regards
stephane

Austrian Army
6th husaren Blankenstein
finally figured out how to have the signature inserted in the post

Stephane - its impossible to spell out alot of the names in total (see how I had to go to the IR# for the Austrians and drop the name of the Regiment).

It all goes back to when the Napoleonic engine was first produced. The Unit info window space was reduced for the names. I asked John to increase it but he didnt want to do that.

Thus we live with shorter names.

I sympathize with you on this. I liked the BG approach much better. Allowed us designers to put in the full unit name.

Don Francisco D'Alondra Escobar Cortez, Count d'Albuera, Vicroy of Portugal, Fastest Running Officer You Ever Did See!

Oberst-Lt Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:58 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dean beecham</i>
<br />If there is a new Waterloo coming out,Then thank god,I got my little Boy of 3 years ,playing BG waterloo scn The Fortress Stands,Me being the French.

1 Corps Res Cav,ADN.

Dean - you bring up a good point - I wonder just how the casualty comparison works out for the HPS vs. BG games.

Not something I will check but was just wondering if the old 25 man losses are either more than compensated by the HPS individual man losses thus showing more losses than BG or if the HPS game is LESS than BG on the average.

NRC and NIR might be a good test as Charles Cutshall used similar fire values for his game as was in NIR.

Oberst-Lt Wilhelm Peters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:27 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>
Stephane - its impossible to spell out alot of the names in total (see how I had to go to the IR# for the Austrians and drop the name of the Regiment).

It all goes back to when the Napoleonic engine was first produced. The Unit info window space was reduced for the names. I asked John to increase it but he didnt want to do that.

Bill,

Stephane is not complaining about shorter names but on obvious mistakes for us little froggies.

In french, "<b>Division de Chasseur</b>" would be the same as saying "<b>Duke of the Wellington</b>" in english!!
It should be "<b>Division <u>des</u> Chasseurs</b>"
... <b>Gauche Aile</b> should be converted to <b>Aile Gauche</b> otherwise it's like saying "<b>Wing Left</b>". There is many more examples but those are not enormous mistakes; they only give the (false) impression that the research job was not done seriously. [V]

It should be fairly easy to have someone check the order of battle and have the corrections done.

[url="mailto:pyguinard@hotmail.com"]Lt Pierre-Yves Guinard[/url],
6e Division, II Corp
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:48 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>
Not something I will check but was just wondering if the old 25 man losses are either more than compensated by the HPS individual man losses thus showing more losses than BG or if the HPS game is LESS than BG on the average.

NRC and NIR might be a good test as Charles Cutshall used similar fire values for his game as was in NIR.
Sometimes I think that the defensive fire is too strong in Eckmuhl for exemple... it happens very often that a battalion I send to attack loose in 2 or 3 fires 100 men or more... But you're right the losses are not as strong in NRC and I prefere it like that... [:)]

<font color="green"> <b>Général de Division David Guégan</b>
11eme division Co.
III Corps, AdN
http://angelfire.lycos.com/games4/grande_armee/index.html</font id="green">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:28 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Voltigeur</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>

Bill,

Stephane is not complaining about shorter names but on obvious mistakes for us little froggies.

In french, "<b>Division de Chasseur</b>" would be the same as saying "<b>Duke of the Wellington</b>" in english!!
... <b>Gauche Aile</b> should be converted to <b>Aile Gauche</b> otherwise it's like saying "<b>Wing Left</b>". There is many more examples but those are not enormous mistakes; they only give the (false) impression that the research job was not done seriously. [V]

It should be fairly easy to have someone check the order of battle and have the corrections done.

6e Division, II Corp
AdN

Thanks! My mistake Stephane.

Oberst-Lt Wilhelm Peters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:05 am 

I agree with Jim. Answer is obviously "NO WE DON'T"

another waterloo? waow. What breaking news !![V][xx(][:(]

Maréchal Guillaume AYMONIER-AMELINE
Baron d'Empire
Comte de Strasbourg

Grenadiers à Cheval
VIEILLE GARDE

1ère Brig./ 3ème Div° Cavalerie Légère
IIIeme Corps d'Armée
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:45 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Voltigeur</i>

6e Division, II Corp
AdN

Looks to me like we have a volunteer to do the checking!!!

<font color="orange">Peon Eric Voogd
Battaillon Nationale Militie No. 5
1e Brigade
2e Nederlandsche Divisie
I Corps
Anglo-Allied Army</font id="orange">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:08 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eric Voogd</i>

<b>I would be delighted!! [:)]
Even though I command the <i>Tirailleurs du Corse d'Infanterie de legere</i>!<b><font color="red">*</font id="red"></b></b>

<font size="1"><b><b><font color="red">*</font id="red"></b>No kidding, this translates as "The sharpshooters of the Corsican infantryman of the light"!!!</b> </font id="size1">[V]

6e Division, II Corp
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:24 am 

Whenever possible
my add ons use correct spelling for unit names
so the checkinh has been done already
yours
stephane
Austrian translator

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font color="orange">Peon Eric Voogd
Battaillon Nationale Militie No. 5
1e Brigade
2e Nederlandsche Divisie
I Corps
Anglo-Allied Army</font id="orange">

[/quote]

Austrian Army
6th husaren Blankenstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:47 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stephane</i>
<br />Whenever possible
yours
stephane
Austrian translator

... and how did you write <b>IV Réserve de Corps de Cavalerie</b>?
(that's a though one!)[;)]

<font size="2"><font color="beige">edit: Google translate does a good job on most of the cases, btw.
<b>IV Reserve Cavalry Corps</b> becomes <b>IV Corps De Cavalerie De Réserve</b> but <b>Imperial Guard's Artillery Reserve</b> became <b>Réserve De l'Artillerie De la Garde Impériale</b>... 50%</font id="beige"></font id="size2">

6e Division, II Corp
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:38 am 

"... and how did you write IV Réserve de Corps de Cavalerie?"

In HPS game, there is no room for such long designations. So an abreviation is better : IV Cav. for exemple
otherwise : quatrième corps de la réserve de cavalerie

yrs
stephane

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stephane</i>
<br />Whenever possible
yours
stephane
Austrian translator

... and how did you write <b>IV Réserve de Corps de Cavalerie</b>?
(that's a though one!)[;)]

<font size="2"><font color="beige">edit: Google translate does a good job on most of the cases, btw.
<b>IV Reserve Cavalry Corps</b> becomes <b>IV Corps De Cavalerie De Réserve</b> but <b>Imperial Guard's Artillery Reserve</b> became <b>Réserve De l'Artillerie De la Garde Impériale</b>... 50%</font id="beige"></font id="size2">

6e Division, II Corp
AdN

Austrian Army
6th husaren Blankenstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:56 am 

No! No! No!

In my opinion Anglo-Saxons consider Waterloo as the main Napoleonic campaign. Every American or English wargame-serie dealing with Napoleonic history has Waterloo scenario at the first head.
But “100 daysâ€

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next