Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HPS Morale
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:18 am 

I am playing my first HPS game in the MOE Tourny. How are morale checks started? What causes a unit to check? What are the modifiers? If I shoot them in the flank and kill 3 men what happens? What about 30? If I hit them for 15 in the flank and 15 in the front is there a difference?

I know these answers in detail for the BG games the HPS games its a ?

Thanks

General de Brigade Doug Fuller
Comte de Hainaut et Duc de Lutzen
CO Brigade de Voltigeurs de La Jeune Guard
7e Division/CC
II Corp
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:13 am 

Doug

In respect of the fundamentals of the game engine, I do not think a lot changed from BG to the Campaign game. Number of casualties probably had a greater impact on fatigue but I think that flank attacks / enfilade fire carry the same penalties as the BG series, although now expressed as -10, -20 etc as opposed to -1, -2 ...

I do not think the number of casualties inflicted affects the morale check, but am open to correction on that.

In terms of how these factors affect your tactics, if you consider them the same as having comparable effects to the BG series you will not be far wrong.

Regards

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:02 am 
Fatigue is added on to a unit up to three times the number of casualties. So a hit of 10 men could add anywhere from 10 to 30 fatigue points.

It work out nicely in that if a unit takes 100+ losses during a turn the unit could jump an entire fatigue level, or maybe not. It makes it interesting to see one unit collapse from a hit like that, and another shrug it off.

Colonel (ret) Al Amos
1er Dragoons
AdN