Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:23 am 
Bonjour,

1 N/A
2 NO i hope
3c
4b
5b
6a

<b>ACW
Brigadier général Ghislain Krygier
Commandant 2nd Division
III Corps AoA

NWC
Général de Brigade Ghislain Krygier
Commandant 2nd Brigade
11°Division III Corps AdN

Baron d'Empire
2nd DIV <font color="blue">JEUNE</font id="blue"> GARDE <font color="red">IMPERIALE</font id="red"></b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:03 am 

1. No
2. Don't know
3. d
4. a
5. e
6. probably b, (subject to 4. above)

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:29 am 
Hello everyone!

1. N/A
2. N
3. c.
4. b.
5. a.
6. c.

[url="mailto:pyguinard@hotmail.com"]Capt. Pierre-Yves Guinard[/url],
6e Division, II Corp
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:31 pm 

2. No
3. d
4. b
5. b - c I get by with the graphics but it really bugs me how poor they are. I enjoy good graphics and don't think I'm gettin good value for money in that department.
6. b. However, bring on the Peninsula first!

Nik Butler
NWC - Lt, 2/59th (2nd Nottinghamshire), 4th Div, British Army
CCC - Lt, 2/59th (2nd Nottinghamshire), British Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:41 am 

1. N/A
2. No
3. c
4. c
5. d
6. c

<b>Maréchal Bill Peterson</b>
Duc de Zurich, Comte de Besançon
2ème Régiment de Grenadiers à Cheval, Cavalerie de la Vieille Garde
Commandant, Ier Corps de Réserve de Cavalerie (<i>Vae Victis!</i>), AdN, NWC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:30 am 

Bill,

1. N/A. Although I do have all of the current HPS Napoleonic titles, it's an ambition, anyway!
2. No.
3. A combination of c. & d.
4. c. The Game engine will always need correcting as titles come out, so at least do some new titles and bring the "older" games up to scratch with updates. The number pa doesn't matter. As long as some new titles are planned, then corrective patches will also be planned.
5. d.
6. c. Suvarov was a strange one, but they did fight for him. A combination of the early Italian Campaigns over the years leading up to Marengo would be a particularly good game. Everyone wants Spain, of course.

regards

BG Mark Oakford, ADN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:27 pm 

1. N/A
2. No
3. c
4. b
5. b
6. c

Unter-Lt V. Komissarenko
Vincent (La Tour) Chevauxlegers
KUK Osterreichische armee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:12 pm 

1. N/A
2. No
3. c - I very much enjoy playing other people's add-on scenarios and creating my own <i>in addition to</i> the existing HPS series. Since it's most unlikely that HPS will ever bring out games covering certain conflicts (not just some Napoleonic campaigns such as Egypt, but also various other 18th/19th century wars), it's a pity that the maps have been locked.
4. c - Please give us a dragoon type cavalry and indirect fire for howitzers, also victory points for supply wagons and supply points. (These features are all present in the EAW engine)
5. d - Forget about wasting time on decent artwork, because Stephane can do a much better job!
6. b/c - It would be good to see more of the lesser-known campaigns, especially the early ones.

Capt Rich White
4th Cavalry Brigade
Cavalry Corps
Anglo-Allied Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:03 am 

Hi,

1. N/A
2.If the artwork gets briljant...yes..otherwise, no effect
3.C, it's unlikely there will be a series of Napoleonic games coming out.
4. C, learn from customer experience, fix the problems in new releases and update the rest of the catalogue.
5.B. It's 2005. This is something I hate about the HPS titles, it looks like I'm playing on my Atari.
6. C, unlikely to happen, but if it does me and my wallet are out there.

Patric
VII AdR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:24 pm 

I don't think I know enough about the Napoleonic Period market to really comments, but I do own 14 HPS games, so I guess I'm among their better customers.

1-N/A -- unlocked maps are not going to influence my buying habits
2-Yes -- question is really how many people will do this and I don't know -- note even today you could simply copy the disk from someone else - you don't need to own the disk to play the games
3 - I would feel more positive about HPS is the design was "open" so that people could design more custom scenarios
4 - c - I think two new titles a year are more then enough
5 - I would like to see better artwork, but it probably will not influence my purchases
6 - B -- it's hard to get interested in the lesser know battles when I hardly have enough time to play the better know ones

Col Sir Bob Breen KT

1st (The King's) Dragoon Guards
Commandant, RMA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:34 am 

Hi,

1 - No
2 - No
3 - D
4 - C
5 - D
6 - B

Regards,

<font color="orange">2nd Lieutenant John Sheffield
1st Btn/91 foot
[Argyllshire Highlanders]
6th British Bgd/4th Inf Div/
II Corps/</font id="orange"><b><font color="red">Anglo-Allied Army.</font id="red"></b>

<font color="gold">"Four things come back not: The spoken word; The sped arrow; Time past; and Opportunity." </font id="gold">
<font color="yellow">Caliph Omar I, ad 582-644.</font id="yellow">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:04 am 

Last day for the poll. Results will be posted this weekend. Get in your vote today please. After that the polling place will be closed.

Watch out for chad!

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:52 am 

Results of Polls:

#1:
Yes - 4%
No - 13%
N/A - 83%
Results: Most folks buy every game - unlocking the maps would have no bearing on whether they bought a future title.

#2:
Yes - 5%
No - 95%
Results: Most people thought that the gaming public by and large was honest. And note that those that are violating the copyright law probably wouldnt change their practice anyway!

#3:
A - 9%
B - 13%
C - 48%
D - 30%
Results: Close to half of you think that unlocking the maps would show that HPS cares more about the gamer and that your opinion of the company and John Tiller would be more favorable. Close to 25 percent of you would be greatly or significantly impressed by this move. 30 percent of you felt that it was HPS property and that they had a right to do with it as they wish.
Thus about 70 percent of the group felt that unlocking the maps would be a very nice gesture on the part of HPS/John Tiller.

#4:
A - 19%
B - 24%
C - 28%
D - 29%
Results: Wide mix here. No one answer fit a large majority of you that took the poll.

#5:
A - 4%
B - 35%
C - 17%
D - 40%
E - 4%
Results: Artwork was an issue to 56% of you. This shows that this area is still of interest as a purchasing point. Improved art would probably result in extra sales and please the current client base.

#6:
A - 10%
B - 33%
C - 57%

Results: I was highly pleased to hear that you guys support these titles. As a result I will definitely be looking at working on one or more of these titles. For instance: Bill Peterson just put out a translation of the Hohenlinden battle and I have maps for it as well that I can use to build the game maps. Since its in the Bavaria area it would be a snap to use some of the map work from Eckmuhl along with a ton of new maps to build this title.

Overall: I would say that based on your replies that overall you like the product but see that it would be beneficial to eventually unlock the maps, provide better artwork and possibly release a Napoleonic Designers Pack at the end of the series. Unlocking the maps DURING the series would be viewed as highly beneficial to the gamers as it would mean that they would be able to enjoy the fruits of the labor of those that have built the modules that helped extend the series life during times when no new titles were being developed.

And again, I do not promise you the moon based on this poll. It DOES help me to understand where the public opinion stands to some degree.

Thanks to all of you that participated.

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:36 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Bill Peterson just put out a translation of the Hohenlinden battle<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ah, thanks for the plug, Boss, but my translation was <i>Neerwinden and the Defection of Dumouriez</i> (available from the Nafziger Collection http://home.fuse.net/nafziger/NAFNAP.HTM), and the action takes place in Holland, Belgium, Germany (near Aachen) and French Flanders in 1793... [^]

<b>Maréchal Bill Peterson</b>
Duc de Zurich, Comte de Besançon
2ème Régiment de Grenadiers à Cheval, Cavalerie de la Vieille Garde
Commandant, Ier Corps de Réserve de Cavalerie (<i>Vae Victis!</i>), AdN, NWC