Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:21 am 

Wouldnt it be nice to have a RECALL button that instantly recombined all skirmishers for infantry battalians or squadrons for cavalry regiments?

The idea is not to use this button when you know that the A/I would have to calculate march routes through obstructions.

The idea IS to enable all portions of a regiment/battalian to easily be recombined and save us players all that time in doing it manually.

Remaining MPs and FATIGUE would be calculated based on the component that spent the MOST MPs to recombine. Thus three squadrons that recombine into a regiment with the most MPs spent to recombine being 10 MPs would mean that the parent unit would be reduced overall by 10 MPs. And similar for fatigue. If the highest value for one of the squadrons was 349 then that would be the new fatigue value for the regiment.

OPTIONAL IDEA FOR FATIGUE CALCULATION: Fatigue would not be for the highest but the AVERAGE fatigue value of the components. Thus if you had three companies that recombine of 300, 400 and 500 fatigue then the regiment would have 400 fatigue.

Here is another change that I am highly thinking of sending off to John. What do you guys think?

1. Cavalry - that LAST squadron (parent unit) cannot breakdown such that it then becomes a SQUADRON and thus cannot recombine again. Thus the parent unit NEVER can breakdown but there is always a cadre left. If the cadre is destroyed then one of the other squadrons (nearest or perhaps have a hierarchy for squadrons, etc) becomes the cadre which would then allow the squadrons to reform.

2. Infantry - similar to above except that no infantry battalian could FULLY breakdown. There would always be a FORMED unit (cadre) to rally to. If the cadre gets destroyed then the above method in #1 would be used: one of the skirmish companies would become the cadre and the other units would rally to it.

Here is another idea I had:

Attachments: you could detach a BRIGADE from a DIVISION and attach it to another DIVISION or LEADER.

Thus if you wanted RAPP to lead a brigade of Guard Infantry you would attach a brigade of infantry to him. You could thus form task forces this way and thus RAPP could have a brigade of cavalry, two brigades of infantry and some division guns attached to his command.

RAPP's leadership and command ratings would then be used to guide these units.

Similar for the Austrians: they would often detach a brigade (Vecsay for instance) to another division for purposes of flank support, etc.

This would rule would not be by nationality: it would be for all armies to use.

Limits on detaching/attaching would be allowed in the PDT file for those situation where jealous commanders would not give up troops (multi national forces such as Spanish not fighting during some Peninsular battles or Swedes in 1813. The ORG identifier would be in the PDT file telling the engine that that formation could not be detached/attached at all. Using a "1" for org value would mean that no French brigade could be detached and using a "2" for the org value would mean that no Allied unit could be detached.

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:49 am 

Bill,

All of the ideas sound good to me, especially the one about cavalry always being abel to recombine. On several occasions I have clicked the wrong squadron and there went the regiment for the rest of the battle -- very frustrating.

GdD Theron Lambert
Comte d'Angers et Duc de Montereau
3rd Brigade, 3rd Division
VI Corps
Armee du Rhin
Commandant de la Division de Cavalerie de la Moyenne Garde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:04 pm 

I Support all these ideas too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:14 am 

A lot of excellent ideas which add to realism which I'm all for.

Regards

<font color="orange">2nd Lieutenant John Sheffield
1st Btn/91 foot
[Argyllshire Highlanders]
6th British Bgd/4th Inf Div/
II Corps/</font id="orange"><b><font color="red">Anglo-Allied Army.</font id="red"></b>

<font color="gold">"Four things come back not: The spoken word; The sped arrow; Time past; and Opportunity." </font id="gold">
<font color="yellow">Caliph Omar I, ad 582-644.</font id="yellow">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:11 am 
Bonsoir,

Fine are all these ideas

<b>ACW
Brigadier général Ghislain Krygier
Commandant 2nd Division
III Corps AoA

NWC
Général de Brigade Ghislain Krygier
Commandant 2nd Brigade
11°Division III Corps AdN

Baron d'Empire
2nd DIV <font color="blue">JEUNE</font id="blue"> GARDE <font color="red">IMPERIALE</font id="red"></b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:46 am 

hello everyone,

I agree with all ideas posted by Bill Peters here, attachement of
troops by now will be done at the start of a scenario manually with
the oob editor, but only at start.
Actually i'm using a generic order of battle form my own scenarios
only structure are brigades (say some short of "army wings")with the
corps leader as brigadiers, not brigade leaders at all (i think
negate the "detached" penalty is the most important for reorganice
the army, think too here brigadiers are more important than corps or
army leader than cannot put troops in command, without the detached
penalty, think that army or corps leader can have the ability to put
troops in command will be a great adittion to the game)

And, if you allow me to say i want to add a more point regarding new
features to the engine.-
It will be great to limit in some way the freedom to exit enemy zoc,
actually it is easy to retreat owned units out of fire range from a
attacking enemy and force he to move the units each turn to make contact again, the downside is that you never fire offensive fire but
the enemy allways fires at 50% effectivenes given the "movement penalty" to musket fire and the defender allways fire at 100% effectivenes, some house rule or engine addition will be great here.

Thanks very much for your time,

with best regards,

Alaric.