Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:49 am 

Apologies if this has been dealt with before, but in a Campaign with a noble opponent, it seems now that every other turn has to be replayed because on opening the e-mailed file I am greeted with a single flashing hex and the turn is unplayable. Have had this trouble before, but this is the worst instance. Have tried everything I can think of including deleating all file relating to the Campaign and inadvertantly wiping the hard disc (but that's another story and had nothing to do with trying to play the turn!).

My opponent is getting understanably cheesed with continually having to replay his turns. Is there answer other than giving up on the Campaign?

Oberst Lt Andy Burke
8 Jager
II Korps
Armee v. Osterreich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:54 am 
- Check if you have the same version of the game. I have seen this happen mostly when one player had installed a patch and hadn't told the other player.
- Delete the campaign.xxx, campaign.yyy, pbemail.xxx and pbemail.yyy files (regularly).
- Check if you have all the files needed for the scenario. If you have re-installed, you may now be missing a .map, .oob, .pdt file that came with a custom scenario.
- In a BG game, this could happen, I think, if you tried to play the turn from the wrong module. Not sure about that.

<center>Général de Division D.S. "Green Horse" Walter
Baron d'Empire, Duc des Pyramides
Commandant [url="http://home.arcor.de/dierk_Walter/NWC/3_VI_AdR_Home.htm"]3ème Division[/url], VIème Corps Bavarois, L'Armée du Rhin
Brigade de Tirailleurs de la Jeune Garde
Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:24 am 

I've had exactly the same problems. And I have deleted all those files and so has opponent. And we do have the same version. It only happens to me in NRC.