Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:56 pm 

Guys:

The story goes something like this:

1. Some time ago my maintenance agreement ran out on my Wagram and Eckmuhl contracts with John Tiller and thus official updates are not mandatory for me.

2. If you think I am going to drop updating the Wagram and Eckmuhl games just because of some clause in a contract you dont know me well.

3. However, because I am now more or less doing it to make sure that the work I did is accurate I am going to continue correcting files but along with including them in official patches they will be up on a new website that I will be creating next week. Thus if you will create a bookmark to:

www.fireandmelee.net

... you will be set to find the site when its officially up and going.

Basically I hate to wait until I get the green light to do a patch. I prefer to put the files up to you guys as I get them done. Then after I get some feedback on them I will include them in the patch.

Each file will have a note by it if its been tested. If you would like to help out with testing the file and verifying it then that would be nice otherwise I will just do the usual check and when a patch is ready to go I will send all of the files off to John, wipe them off of my website and start all over if needed.

This system will be a great interactive way for me to hear from you. You can pre-check PDT files and so on before they become official.

The usual caveat will still exist: these files will usually overwrite some existing file and thus you will need to make a backup of that file (or just reapply the latest official patch!).

This is my way of getting more feedback from the community on my work. Thanks to those of you that have sent me notes on scenarios in the past. I hope that I can correct any inconsistencies in the OBs as well this time!

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:31 pm 

Good on you Bill [:)]

<font color="gold">Major Antony Barlow
CO, 2nd British (Union) Brigade, Anglo-Allied Cavalry Corps.
Guards: 4th (Royal Irish) Dragoon Guards.</font id="gold">