Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Monster Eckmuhl Mod
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:27 pm 

Gents, the following modification to Campaign Eckmuhl pulls the biggest of the OOB's from Napoleon's Russian Campaign and moves it over to be used on the big Bavaria map. 2 scenarios are included, one with relatively equal forces deployed on opposite sides of the map. The other has the bulk arriving as reinforcements. There's "break down" on the arrival scenario below.

I have mainly designed this for Multi-player gaming, but two adventurous souls could easily tackle it as well! ;-)

Here's how you can go about getting this setup on your own system. Note, it will work without any files being changed out, you just won't have the Russian units represented on the map:

Drag a copy of Eckmuhl into a new folder.
Apply the 1.08a patch
Delete all the .scn files (just to make it easier to use.)
Unzipped the cpemod.zip file

Then you will need to copy the following files over from your NRC game, to give you the right graphical "feeling":

Phasebox.bmp
\Map\3DUnits100a.bmp
\Map\3DUnits100b.bmp
\Map\3DUnits100c.bmp
\Map\3DUnits100d.bmp
\Map\3DUnits100e.bmp
\Map\3DUnits100f.bmp
\Map\3DUnits50a.bmp
\Map\3DUnits50b.bmp
\Map\3DUnits50c.bmp
\Map\3DUnits50d.bmp
\Map\3DUnits50e.bmp
\Map\3DUnits50f.bmp
\Info\Leaders.bmp
\Info\Units.bmp
\Info\Unknown.bmp

Should be ready to go after that. Here's some details on the package:

We have weather! I made this with the latest Eckmuhl engine so that we could use the weather option. I've set it with a standard 40 hex visibility and then made some variations on rain & mud.

I have based the PDT file on the ones that shipped with Campaign Waterloo, so the same movement values and then other tweaks I made with that, covered in the designer notes. http://www.hist-sdc.com/waterloo/cpwdoc.html

Russian forces no longer have their fanatical rating for this one.

Each side has 9,000 to 10,000 artillery rounds...

I've made supply wagons worth 100 points each, and then added in a lot more of them. This is to help simulate how difficult a "supply train" is to manage. Probably still haven't captured the true essence of it, but I liked the "feel" better than the 300 point wagons.

I've also added more bridges than the original design called for, to allow us to make more use of the map. All bridges are pretty much scored at 200 points, so they can be destroyed without too much difficulty, but pioneers are plentiful, so they can be rebuilt as well. Will just be a difficult exercise to do so if the crossing is well guarded.

"Arrival" scenario notes:

I've attempted to make things as even as possible, and so the initial placements and arrivals are set up to adhere to this. Force break downs are as follows:

5:00 AM - Russian = 60,005 troops French = 60,509 troops
2:30 PM - Russian = 170,304 troops French = 163,368 troops
5:00 AM - Russian = 253,349 troops French = 218,165 troops
9:00 AM - Russian = 335,052 troops French = 287,544 troops
11:00 AM - Russian = 346,402 troops French = 313,823 troops
1:00 PM - Russian = 346,402 troops French = 339,347 troops

So all forces will arrive by mid-day of the second day. The Russians will enjoy a numerical superiority on the morning of the second day, but they will get their last troops 2 hours prior to the last French arriving. When all are present we are looking at about a 7,000 man difference in the Russian favor. I figured with the huge marching distances, and no telling where the action would be at this point, it wouldn't be a problem with this unevenness in arrivals. The only way I can see that it will make a big difference is if combat moves to right near the Russian arrival hexes.

All arrivals come with a five hex protection value.

Both armies only have two arrival hexes, so while there aren't any objective hexes, it will behoove them to protect these areas at least until mid-day on the second day.

Due to the large size of the forces, I decided to bump it up to 360 turns. Didn't want to have too few. ;-)

And that about covers it. Let me know your thoughts when you get the chance. I am open to ideas and tweaks on this...and would even like to see some other scenarios created by people.

You can download a copy here:

http://www.warfarehq.com/archives/showt ... 4#post1444

Regards,
Rich

Gen. Hamilton, Baron d'Barbancon
21st Division
VII Corps, ADR

Saxon Leib-Garde, de la Jeune Garde, Garde Impériale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:53 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Due to the large size of the forces, I decided to bump it up to 360 turns. Didn't want to have too few. ;-)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's for sure. Can anyone say "Still playing it at TILLERCON X!!"

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
GdB,1er Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:23 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Due to the large size of the forces, I decided to bump it up to 360 turns. Didn't want to have too few. ;-)

That's for sure. Can anyone say "Still playing it at TILLERCON X!!"

Naw...not that long! [:p] It would take a good year and a half or so though! [:D]

Gen. Hamilton, Baron d'Barbancon
21st Division
VII Corps, ADR

Saxon Leib-Garde, de la Jeune Garde, Garde Impériale