Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TillerCon
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:40 am 

All right, you lucky dogs that were able to attend, care to share the highlights of TillerCon with the rest of us[:D]?

Regards,

Paco

<i>Maréchal</i> M. Francisco Palomo
<i>Comte de Marseille
Duc d'Abrantes</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:06 pm 

Pretty please.......[:D]

<center>Lieutenant Rick Motko
1er Bataillon, 33° Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
2eme Brigade, 11eme division
IIIe corps, Armée du Nord</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:01 pm 

Ok. It was pretty boring. All I did for two days was play wargames, talk to John Tiller, Bill Peters, Rich Walker, Rich Hamilton and about 50 other gamers, listen to Tom Hooks play all our favorite music from the games, tour a few civil war sites, and check out every game that HPS has made.

On Friday I played the Beaver Dam scenario from the Peninsula Campaign. This game has great maps with lots of terrain. Friday night I played a short squad battle game of the Korean War. I commanded a couple of platoons of Australians fighting the North Koreans in an orchard. My Australians were victorious but sadly I lost 39 guys from my command. A costly victory.

Saturday was the most fun. Six guys got together and played an MP of the 2nd day at Gettysburg. The scenario starts late in the afternoon just as Longstreet's attack was to start. Rich Hamilton had 8 computers linked together so the 3 players from each side were able to move simultaneously. It was a riot to watch the action and combat from three guys all at the same time. This was definately the way to play these games. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the conclusion of the battle but there were plenty of people willing to step in and take someone's place. There was another group of 6 guys that were also playing Gettysburg -- the full battle. They had played about 28 turns when I bugged out.

The t-shirts and hats were cool. There are probably some extras so if you want one, send Rich an email and he should be able to fix you up.

Lastly, I cannot say enough about all the work that Rich Hamilton did to make this event happen. Thanks Rich. And thanks to John Tiller for underwriting the event.

What more can I say except... "you should have been there". [;)]

FM Sir 'Muddy' Jones, KG
2nd Life Guards, Household Cavalry
CO, Cavalry Corps
Allied CiC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:34 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sir Muddy</i>
<br />Ok. It was pretty boring. All I did for two days was play wargames, talk to John Tiller, Bill Peters,............
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wait a minute. You mean to say that John Tiller and Bill Peters are actually two different people?????[;)]

<center>Lieutenant Rick Motko
1er Bataillon, 33° Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
2eme Brigade, 11eme division
IIIe corps, Armée du Nord</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:46 pm 
"You mean to say that John Tiller and Bill Peters are actually two different people?????"

In more ways than you'll ever know. [:)]

Colonel (ret) Al Amos
1er Dragoons
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:51 am 

Thanks Ken, glad you enjoyed yourself! [:)]

We're working on an article now with pictures, interviews, etc. Hope to have it together before too long.

And yes, I still have some more T-shirts if anyone wants one...$12.00 plus shipping.

And finally, yes, you should have been there. [8D] Every person I talked to really enjoyed themselves and wanted to do it again.

Gen. Hamilton, Baron d'Barbancon
21st Division
VII Corps, ADR

Saxon Leib-Garde, de la Jeune Garde, Garde Impériale