Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:53 am 

Gentlemen:

Fill your glasses and lend me your ear and I'll tell you of our fight on the battlefield of Borodino. After chasing the Russians across the steppe, the French finally caught their foe near the village of Borodino. Early in the fight, it became apparent to this Russian commander that the French were going to try a large pincer movement by sending flanking columns to the north and south. Kutusov held his ground and massed his guns in the center behind above and behind the fletches.

As the fighting intensified, the French overran two of the fletches, and the villages of Borodino and Utitza. But, as the French marched around the Russian flanks, Kutusov launched a counterattack against the French center. Not only did the Russians recapture the fletches and the village of Borodino, but they trapped a division and 70 guns in the forest in front of the great redoubt. Although the day was only half over, this was a decisive turn of events.

As the day wore on, the French pincers came together behind the Russian positions and were able to capture nearly all of the objectives in the Russian rear. The French also surrounded and destroyed several divisions and their commanders but it was too little too late. In the end, the battle was a draw. Yes, perhaps it was a French tactical victory but a strategic victory went to the Russians. Napoleon would not be going to Moscow.

Cheers to my able opponent, Gabriel Rodriguez. Well fought. He now wants to fight a full campaign in Russia. I guess he didn't get enough.

FM Sir 'Muddy' Jones, KG
2nd Life Guards, Household Cavalry
CO, Cavalry Corps
Allied CiC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:29 am 

Certainly the battle bloodiest that I had fought.
Exist a tips for those gentlemen that will fight against my honorable opponent Sir Muddy Jones, is avoid his cossack´s strategy, very dangerous, and more when you feel the cossacks attack the wagons supplies, artilleries unlimbered, skirmishers routed, is horrible, a better definition is a nightmare (Freddy Krueger in person).
The casualties in details:(Frenchs vs Russians)
Infantry : 50014 - 62953
Cavalry: 20857 - 22334
Artillery: <font color="green"><font size="5">437</font id="size5"></font id="green"> - 307
Leaders: 81 - <font size="5"><font color="blue">119</font id="blue"></font id="size5">
Like you would see I lost a lot of artillery however a lot of officers of high graduation russian were dead or make prisoners.
The conclusion of the Battle:
We will come back ...for now... Paris wait you son[xx(].

http://www.venezuela-emb.org.au/images/flag.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:51 pm 

Gabriel

Can you write somethinmg for the Imperial war College... ?

Send me an email and we can discuss this, if you want ?

Marechal John Corbin
Chief of Staff
La Grande Armee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:00 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by John Corbin</i>
<br />Gabriel

Can you write somethinmg for the Imperial war College... ?

Send me an email and we can discuss this, if you want ?

Marechal John Corbin
Chief of Staff
La Grande Armee
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Of course Marechal, I´m avalaible of write my experience with this distinguished opponent, I learn a lot of things fighting against Sir Muddy that our partners will apreciate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:55 pm 

NIR or NRC? Dying to try out NRC Borodino.

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army
[url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/burr/Austrian%20Army/Bill_Peters.htm"]Officer Battle Dossier[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:38 pm 

In NRC where the engine of the software is more hard for both players

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:59 am 

Sir Muddy,

Well done sir! I raise my glass to you!

Most would have let the French dictate the battle, but instead with the elan of a true cavalry officer you went over to the attack.

Gabriel is also to be congratulated. Breakin through to the rear areas.

Question: In all this carnage how did napoleon and Kutusov fare? Were either of the leader counters captured, wounded, or perhaps KIA?

Lieutenant Jon Graswich
<font color="red">11th Light Dragoons
4th Cavalry Brigade
Anglo-Allied Cavalry Corps
H.Q. Staff</font id="red">

<i>Treu und Fest</i>
<i>Staunch and Steadfast</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:11 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon Graswich</i>
<br />
Question: In all this carnage how did napoleon and Kutusov fare? Were either of the leader counters captured, wounded, or perhaps KIA?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Neither Napoleon or Kutusov were captured. Barclay was captured near the end of the game as were many other high ranking Russian officers. But this was not important in our single battle or given the time of day. I should add that many French officers were also guests of the Tzar.

FM Sir 'Muddy' Jones, KG
2nd Life Guards, Household Cavalry
CO, Cavalry Corps
Allied CiC