Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:41 am 

John,

Thanks for your reply. However, that was not completely what I wanted to tell. Let me clarify...

- Incorrect email adresses
Not data will be loaded into the database that has not been verified by the COA of the armies first.
>>>I was talking about the email addresses filled in on game forms. Even a number of email addresses listed on our own order of battles are incorrect.

- Different spelling of names of opponents, or the use of aliases, surnames, nicknames.
Names will be standard first name/last names. no nick names and yes these will all be verified first.
>>>Verified against a 'standard' list of names???

- Wrong army / unit.
See the above as to verification.
>>>Included in a standard list, or some kind of pull down menu with names coupled to email addresses, army, etc.???

- Scenario names etc.
Will be made available via drop down lists. All scenarion names will also include the filenames that are associated with them. Custom scenarios are included.
>>> There are hundreds of them! In addition, some have a French version of BG disks and use the French equivalent of scenario's. Now and then the German version of a scenario name is used.

- Type of game ( Fight, Maneuver, training )
all taken care off. Included will be the option for tournament games that are exceptiosn to the scoring rules for maneuver game rules.
>>> Choice can be made right now. However, often I am told a game is a fight while it is in fact a manoeuvre, or even the other way round. How will you check this?

Note that this will be database driven and info can be provided to post on the web if required. This site will be alogin type of sityev with a username and password type of setup.
>>>Yes, I understood that part of the discussion. But I believe it will be an enormous task to set this all up, and to make the whole system 'monkey-proof'. Risk is that maintaining the various databases will be more time consuming then handling the game forms manually! Will it be worth all the effort???...

Regards,

<font color="orange">Luitenant-Generaal Geert "The General" van Uythoven
Commander in Chief of the
Anglo-Allied Army

http://home.wanadoo.nl/g.vanuythoven/home.htm
</font id="orange">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:38 pm 

I know two clubs that have done it without big problem:
The Panzer Campaigns Club
The American Civil War Gaming Club.

So it is doable. The only important question on this matter is to know if the members want to change the system or if they are happy with it.

Geert has been our best score keeper and I hope it will be like that ad vitam eternam.[:)]

Maybe the system that John is talking about could be used as a backup system. [:)]

<font color="green"> <b>Général de Division David Guégan Comte de Toulon, Duc de Nimes</b>
Co 11eme division
III Corps, AdN
Co Division d'Infanterie de la Jeune Garde, Garde Impériale Image

http://home.earthlink.net/~davidguegan/</font id="green">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:24 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davidguegan</i>
<br />I know two clubs that have done it without big problem:
The Panzer Campaigns Club
The American Civil War Gaming Club.

So it is doable. The only important question on this matter is to know if the members want to change the system or if they are happy with it.

Geert has been our best score keeper and I hope it will be like that ad vitam eternam.[:)]

Maybe the system that John is talking about could be used as a backup system. [:)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The Modern Battles Club also has acompletely automated system, with some input by administrators. The new game/end game and scoring and posting to an OBD is automatic.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
GdB,1er Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club
</b></font id="gold">