Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:05 am 

Hi Bill,
the "Gift tread" is locked therefore I guess I need to write a few words. If you have some problems with Scott let me know. I know he is doing a very good job for the Prussians. If you are only half as good as President it would be a good time for the NWC. Don't start your career on hammering down our active officers. We have not much of them in this club.

<font color="gold">Feldmarshall
Stefan Ritter von Reuter
Großfürst von Wahlstadt
CoA Armee des Niederrhein</font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:26 am 

Stefan - I will answer you in private as this topic is getting out of hand. We just had this topic locked. I was about to post something myself on it when I noted that Jim had locked it.

Publically I want to say that Scott does a great job on the Prussian websites, I respect his opinion on the matter but not in some regards how he made it. That is neither here nor there now.

I appreciate everyone that is doing a good job on the club websites and to those that do the day to day operations such as Geert and others.

There is no doubt in my mind that we have a fine group of guys. Its just that right now we have a divergence of opinion.

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army
[url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/burr/Austrian%20Army/Bill_Peters.htm"]Officer Battle Dossier[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:09 am 

Good to hear this Bill. [^]

Stefan Ritter von Reuter
Großfürst von Wahlstadt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:07 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>
<br />There is no doubt in my mind that we have a fine group of guys. Its just that right now we have a divergence of opinion.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree which is why as long as no one gets ugly, I think we all can discuss it. Hey me and John worked things out, I think if we discussed some points I wanna raise, it may help clear some confusion up. It will be a gradual step process, but I'm not someone who prefers to tear the whole joint a part, but as seen I can be if provoked. I re-read the discussion and I don't think it was anything that we can't recover from, but like I said let's try to keep it cool and even. So later this week maybe even today I will open up my first topic for some discussion.

Basically I have seen first hand as many of us have how things can slide down and I think we all can agree this is far from the worst, but I think as was raised there are some fundmental questions that do need to be addressed, so that we can look at topics like and auto-system fairly and so there is no doubt in the end that the final conclusion is best for all.

I will state that I hold no personal feelings for anything said, even the comment that got short on my nerve, it was all said in the passion of the moment, but I will not apologize for what I said either. We are all human and life is too darn short to hold feelings against people for stuff such as this.

So that's that.

<center>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com"]<b>General der Infanterie Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Kommandeur
3. Infanterie-Brigade and Aide-du-Camp
I. Armee Korps
Heer am Niederrhein
[url="http://www.prussianarmy.com"]Preußische Armee[/url]

Kommandeur
Garde-Artillerie
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/NWC/Prussia/Garde.htm"]Preußische Armee Garde-Brigade[/url]

Prinz von Saxe-Weimar
(Prince of Saxe-Weimar)
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:01 am 

Scott, you only need to learn how to write shorter messages.[:p]

Stefan Ritter von Reuter
Großfürst von Wahlstadt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:31 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stefan Reuter</i>
<br />Scott, you only need to learn how to write shorter messages.[:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ROFL![:D]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
GdB,1er Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:02 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stefan Reuter</i>
<br />Scott, you only need to learn how to write shorter messages.[:p]

Stefan Ritter von Reuter
Großfürst von Wahlstadt
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Never will happen. It's always the way I am. [:D]

<center>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com"]<b>General der Infanterie Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Kommandeur
3. Infanterie-Brigade and Aide-du-Camp
I. Armee Korps
Heer am Niederrhein
[url="http://www.prussianarmy.com"]Preußische Armee[/url]

Kommandeur
Garde-Artillerie
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/NWC/Prussia/Garde.htm"]Preußische Armee Garde-Brigade[/url]

Prinz von Saxe-Weimar
(Prince of Saxe-Weimar)
</center>