Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HPS Eckmuhl & Wagram OBs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:32 am 

Unfortunately, to this point, I have not been able to convince the Commanding Generalette of the urgent need for her to release the funding for the purchase of the Subject games. She keeps mumbling something about mortgage, food, tuitions, dumb stuff like that. Anyway, I was hoping that some noble sole out there would be so good as to zip the Main.oob(or plural if, like the 1812 & 1776, there is more than one) and Units.bmp from both games, and email them to me. While it won't give me the maps, I can have fun creating some scenarios with the OBs using the PTW, NIR or Waterloo maps. The units I am just curious to see, and I can always use the icons to expand my existing ones.

Ensign William Davis
23rd (Royal Welsh) Fusiliers
6th Brigade
Anglo-Allied Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:15 am 

Just my opinion, but I don't think your request is a good idea. We historic wargamers are a small group. Companies like HPS, that provide games can't be making a lot of money. Activites that skirt around there opportunity to make a sale are not IMHO good for the hobby.

I know the games are expensive relative to others, but there are some options.

Some of the on line retailers do sell them at a discount. I think I saw Eckmuhl at Chips and Bits for $35

Rich Hamilton will sell you 5 titles for the regular price of 3. I think with postage that works out to around $33 each (in the USA).

As for the Commanding Generalette, suggest she let's you buy 5 and she holds them for rewards when the new Ensign deserves one.

It also occurs to me that your request is actually something HPS should consider doing on their web site, in the spirit of supporting the educational references for its games.

Brigadier Sir Bob Breen KT

1st (The King's) Dragoon Guards
Commandant, RMA