Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:34 am 
Hello,
First all my apologies if it was not the good place to post this message.
I had in the past the opportunities to play a very good wargame of the waterloo battle. But this wargame is very mysterious, I dont'have find any information about it, so if somebody can help me to retrieve some information or maybe find a copy of it.

Let's begin with the information I can provide:
- I think it is a belgian production, the box is orange colored and has in front a drawing of the charging of the french cavalry (I'm near sure that was one of the pictures that was displayed on the museum of waterloo in Belgium). The picture is of good quality and can be removed from the upper box without any damage. Also the title of the box was maybe: "1815" or "1815 La Bataille de Waterloo" or maybe "La bataille de Waterloo", not sure anymore. And the manufacturer of this wargame was an belgian association I think, but not one of the great manufacturer that we know.
- The map is big and has a size of A2 I think, the map and the locations are not colored, it is only black ink on a creamy paper, there is hexagones to count the movement.
- The counters come in blue (french), orange (english) and green for prussian. The cavalery are not square counter put rectangular counter wich take two hexagone on the map. Counter were very well cut.
- The biggest thing in this games were the rules: there was sheets with the number of soldiers of each counter unit. You keep track of the casualties of each unit! At first it can be seem heavy but it was a very interesting mechanics. It was also very interesting because the rules has take in account the fact that the English army had better rifles and make more casualties than french army.
- For the rules I'm not sure anymore if they were in French Dutch AND english. But it was on basic paper A4 and not well printed.
- To play the games is very terrific since the counting of the casualties make the game very long, I'm not sure but I think the time of a round was for 1h of the battle.
- The game also explain why the artillery was put in front of the army and not at the rear, and it is well done in the games mechanics. For me it was very new since I was very young at that time.

So, If somebody can help me I will be very gratefull. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need some more info about any clues I can remember.

Amically,

Lastblade2