Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anarchy in the NWC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:34 am 

Gentlemen, I am sensing a touch of chaos & anarchy in this club. What gives? All these retirements and such... sheeesh...

Lt. Tim Cavallin, AdR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:49 am 

Anarchy?

Oh, I'm going to send a peasant mob off to Scott Ludwig's house! Burn baby burn!

Seriously, I think things will be fine in a week or so. This is nothing like the stuff in the ACWGC last year

FZM Freiherr Gary McClellan
Generalissimus
Imperial Austrian Army
Portner Grenadier Battallion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:07 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary McClellan</i>
<br />Anarchy?

Oh, I'm going to send a peasant mob off to Scott Ludwig's house! Burn baby burn!

Seriously, I think things will be fine in a week or so. This is nothing like the stuff in the ACWGC last year

FZM Freiherr Gary McClellan
Generalissimus
Imperial Austrian Army
Portner Grenadier Battallion
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey Field Sludge Master..my ears were ringing, I must have heard someone talking about me...[:D][:D]

You can come over...just watch out for the wolves..it's kinda dark around Tannenberg...[:p]

Lol...but seriously Tim. No worries. Things like this happens all the time in terms of people retiring. As long as someone is there to pick up, it's all ok. The President is not a primary job for the club in terms of day to day running and if its vacant for a while that's ok. It's more for overall and furture planning, so it would be nice to get it filled at some point. But were all ok...were here to play games right?? As long as that continues, all that matters. [:)]

Gary is right in terms of the ACWGC troubles.

<center>--------------------------------------------------------

General der Infanterie Scott Ludwig
Prussian Armee

Your fellow humans need help:

https://give.redcross.org/?rcohome800helpnow

Or

http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/animal_environ/hurricanes/

Please if you can.</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:04 am 

Tim,
it's not so bad as it may look. The club is in good conditions and we still have some good men in the cabinet.

The only anarchy was the French revolution. THIS one we will end soon.[:D][^]

Scott, no fear from Gary. He is Austrian and they NEVER moving without very slow waggons.You can walk out of his way safty.[;)]

<font color="gold">Feldmarshall
Stefan Ritter von Reuter
Großfürst von Wahlstadt
CoA Armee des Niederrhein</font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:43 pm 

Nah. The forums still here. We can still play games. There are a couple of tournies on the go. What's the problem.

Bill quitting could have been predicted by anyone with half a brain; that's why I find it odd he got voted for. (And Bill, if you're reading, that's absolutely nothing personal at all).

<font color="orange">Luitenant-colonel Peter Robinson
Commander I Corps
[url="http://www.geocities.com/militaireacademie"]Koninklijke Militaire Academie[/url] Adjutant
3rd (Prince of Wales's) Dragoon Guards</font id="orange">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:09 pm 
Excuse me, which way to the Paris commune?[:D]

Colonel Al Amos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:06 pm 

Gary,

Man, you can say that again...the literal months of meltdown at the ACWGC last summer make this look like somebody lit a sparkler. [:D]

I will say it again though, since it got deleted in the missing thread, that when new posts are taken, the person filling the roll needs to be prepared for some commitment, baring catastrophic personal problems.

Regards,
Rich

Maréchal Hamilton, Baron d'Barbancon
21st Division
VII Corps, ADR

Saxon Leib-Garde, de la Jeune Garde, Garde Impériale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:02 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SansSouci</i>
<br />Nah. The forums still here. We can still play games. There are a couple of tournies on the go. What's the problem.

Bill quitting could have been predicted by anyone with half a brain; that's why I find it odd he got voted for. (And Bill, if you're reading, that's absolutely nothing personal at all).

<font color="orange">Luitenant-colonel Peter Robinson
Commander I Corps
[url="http://www.geocities.com/militaireacademie"]Koninklijke Militaire Academie[/url] Adjutant
3rd (Prince of Wales's) Dragoon Guards</font id="orange">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Good post. [:)]

Nik Butler
NWC - Lt, 2/59th (2nd Nottinghamshire), 4th Div, British Army
CCC - Lt, 2/59th (2nd Nottinghamshire), British Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:27 pm 

Ahem,
the reason the Austrians have many wagons is that we only eat the finest food. None of that Prussian or English Rubbish, we really on only the finest Hungarian cooking. Paprika for everyone! And don't get me started on French cooking. If it was all it is supposed to be the French would be a heck of a lot fatter than they are. We also have lot of wagons to carry home the liberated French and Italian wine.

And for the ACWGC problems, Rich I thought that was all to blame on a threat by HPS to release the Red River Campaign as a stand alone game for $60.00?

Just Kidding.

It seems to me the club is fine. Lots of active members. our army is in full swing and doing well....

Jim Pfluecke

Austrian Kavalry Reserve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:28 am 
I don't think there is anarchy. However it would be nice to know what the club's admin is thinking and planning. They are probably working at it and are not always able to keep everyone informed. I learned at the ACWGC that it is best to post some info and specify that it is from the Cabinet/Admin. I don't know by heart who is in the Cabinet so mentioning that you are in it is important.

This is a situation were a leader/President is needed set the agenda and the focus to resolve problems. Without a leader someone taking charge, it might be tough to get a group of people to do the same job. Leadership is important as anyone can see when dealing with problems effectively and in a timely manner.

Deleting the post about the resignation was not a good move as it raised more questions and speculation. Sometimes it is needed but in this case it should have been answered rather then deleted.

Lt. Pierre D.
AdR

Board Admin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:50 am 

Gentlemen
I agree with Peter;s comment <font color="red">"The forums still here. We can still play games. There are a couple of tournies on the go. What's the problem"</font id="red">
We still have three very good Cabinet Members to organise the two replacements requires so lets put the old hair shirts and whips away (unless you are particularly into them at weekend)[:0]

Field Marshal Sir "Lucky" Jim (K.G.)
Commander 2nd. Corps
Allied/Dutch Army
"And let my sword not sleep in my hand"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:14 am 
"old hair shirts"

Jim,

I prefer sack-cloth and ashes. [:D]

Colonel Al Amos