Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:04 am 

This is a proposal to the membership for a players meet to be held on the West Coast in the summer of 2006. The idea for Panzer Con began to develop shortly after Tiller Con. It struck me that at Tiller Con, most of us immediately began to play multiplayer games despite the fact that we initially signed up to play two player games. With the Computers networked together, it was natural to take advantage of the opportunity to play in large groups. I for one enjoyed the experience and I think everyone else did as well. So, with this in mind on the flight home from Tiller Con, I remembered an idea that I had for a Panzer Campaigns Team Competition in which two teams, Axis and Allies re-fight World War II in Europe using each of the 13 Panzer Campaigns titles. The teams would be broken down into smaller groups covering each of the three major Theaters of Operations. These groups would play scenarios that pertain to their Theater in chronological order and would score team points after each match. At the end of the team competition, the side with the most team points would win the War.

(For additional information on the structure and rules of the proposed Competition visit our website at http://members.aol.com/grrrcobleigh/panzercon_001.htm)

With this idea in hand, I began to work on the details of putting together such an event. First, this will be a private nonprofit meet by players for players. Any fees charged will be to recover event costs. My hope is to keep these fees as low as possible. Our plan is to keep the event a bit smaller, a bit leaner and a bit shorter than Tiller Con. What we will have is plenty of good gaming.

<b>SPECIAL NOTE: We want everyone in the HPS players community to feel free to Join us. Even if Panzer Campaigns isn't a game system that you're familiar with. Everyone is welcome. In addition, there will be free time available to play other games. So, if you are someone who is new to Panzer Campaigns, but want to give it a go, and, you would also like to play others in your favorite game system, we mean to please. </b>

We have several ideas on where, when, and how much, but at this point we've gone as far as we can go with the planning until we know if there is going to be enough people interested in attending such an event. Please check out our website and contact us if you would be interested. Right now, we're not asking for anybody to pay any money or commit themselves to being there. Just let us know if you like the idea and whether you are interested in attending next summer.

Gary "Grrr" Cobleigh