Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:29 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Le Tondu</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>
<br />EXCELLANT MAP! Nice work Andy.

Bill Peters

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Be advised that Andy does not frequent this location very much --if at all.

He prefers the other club as he says it is much friendlier there and he can say anything he feels like saying without a hassle. ---And believe me, that's quite a lot. [:D]

I will however pass on the grateful comments. [:)]

Cheers,
Rick

Lieutenant Colonel Rick Motko
1er Bataillon, 33° Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
2eme Brigade, 11eme division
IIIe corps, Armée du Nord

Though I did see he happened to register his signature name here the other week. Needless to say anyone should probably feel ok to stop by and look his e-mail up and send him a message.

<center>--------------------------------------------------------

Herr Windbagenführer General der Infanterie Scott Prinz Ludwig von Saxe-Weimar
Aide-du-Kamp and Webmaster
Heer am Niederrhein

[url="http://www.prussianarmy.com/"]Königliche Preußische Armee[/url]

http://www.networkforgood.org</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:34 pm 

So does this new game use the latest patched engine, 1.09 or just the original unpatched Eckmuhl game? I may be able to drag Barrett kicking and screaming into the HPS world if the former.

Generalissimo
Opolchenie Korpus
Russian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:22 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andy Moss</i>
<br />So does this new game use the latest patched engine, 1.09 or just the original unpatched Eckmuhl game? I may be able to drag Barrett kicking and screaming into the HPS world if the former.

Generalissimo
Opolchenie Korpus
Russian Army

I downloaded the game and I had a look on the "Help" screen : it's the 1.09 version.

<font color="orange">1e Luitenant Valère Bernard </font id="orange">
<font color="red">Anglo-Allied Administrative Adjutant</font id="red">
<font color="orange">Divisie Nederlandsche Kavallerie
I Corps
Anglo-Allied Army
</font id="orange">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:56 am 

While Trooper Jones was starting to enjoy his early morning ride through the “Garden of Englandâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:37 am 

Thanks Valere. I shall download it soon.

Andy

Generalissimo
Opolchenie Korpus
Russian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:29 am 

Lt Dicken was starting to despair, looking to the east he could see Towers 5 and 6 in flames. While his Tower had a light carronade overturned the other two had lost both carronades and their 24 lbs. heavy gun. Although the final bridge to Hythe had now been destroyed to the west, at Hythe Door sappers struggled to replace damp charges which had failed to destroy the bridge .
The French were now starting to put pressure on the neck of land at the eastern end of the canal, if breached this gave them access to Folkestone and more importantly the harbour at Dover.
Meanwhile Trooper Jones had, with the rest of the squadron put his horse into walk, as they passed Westernhanger they still had two miles of rough road before they reached the Royal Military and the chance of action.
(13/300 7.00am)

Field Marshal Sir "Lucky" Jim (K.G.)
Commander 2nd. Corps
Allied/Dutch Army
"And let my sword not sleep in my hand"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:47 am 

Lt Dickens’s battle was effectively over. Surrounded by French infantry but inaccessible due to 20 foot thick walls the tower was totally ungunned and as it was no threat it was being ignored. Within sight of Tower 4 on the edge of West Hythe trooper Jones surveyed the devastation across the Canal. Three of the Towers had fallen silent while a further three were firing spasmodically. Ahead of him and heading east he could see the 1st and 2nd Brigades of the Ulster Militia hurrying towards the fighting at the Canal's end.
Even further to the east Major General Mc'Kenzie had, at his own initative marched the three thousand infantry of the 7th Division, Army Reserve toward the sound of the guns. On the thickly wooded ridge behind Church Hougham he could now see some Militia and the 2nd Brigade of the K.G.L. trying to slow the advance of a number of French columns.

8.00 am 17/300

Commander 2nd. Corps
Allied/Dutch Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:40 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SLudwig</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davidguegan</i>
<br />Just wondering did he convert the map of the NiR project that was made some time ago for the battleground series or is it a New one?[:)]

<font color="green"> <b>Général de Division David Guégan Comte de Toulon, Duc de Nimes</b>
Co 11eme division
III Corps, AdN
Co Division d'Infanterie de la Jeune Garde, Garde Impériale

Nope David it is completely original, he has been working on it for over a year now.
http://home.earthlink.net/~davidguegan/</font id="green">

<center>--------------------------------------------------------

Herr Windbagenführer General der Infanterie Scott Prinz Ludwig von Saxe-Weimar
Aide-du-Kamp and Webmaster
Heer am Niederrhein

[url="http://www.prussianarmy.com/"]Königliche Preußische Armee[/url]

http://www.networkforgood.org</center>

It was the old nir map ,but i completely stripped it down and rebuilt it.Thanks to Cobexlaw and the map utility.If David Guegan had a copy of the CD he would notice a thank you message in the home made Intro to Matthieu Brevet also included is a thank you to Cobexlaw and Volcano man.The old nir map didnt convert properly because all the hedges,roads etc turned out different in the convertion.This meant i had to rebuild the map from scatch running at the same time the old NIR project map simultaneously with a Kent map .bmp from the year 1864 that i downloaded from the net as a reference.As i have stated,the persons who required a FREE copy of Eagle on CD from me will be able to confirm a thank you during the intro to Matthieu Brevet.In the Nir project version of the Kent map,there were roads crossing the English channel ,no beaches,the gradients are different,roadways are different, features,etc.So although thankful to Matthieu ,i feel the hard work i put in to this map is enough to consider the making of it my own work.I detect a little "stab in the back by David" here for my opinion of his unit.bmp some time ago.Volcano mans Unit .bmp are better in my opinion,thus i used his Unit.bmp plus added some of my own to it.
The reason the thank you is not included in the stripped version of Eagle is simple.The Intro i made is 64 mb in size and i dont have enough webspace for that.
Hope this statement clears up a few querys!!
Thanks to all who were involved directly or indirectly with the making of this MOD
First and foremost HPS of course,hope HPS continue to bring out these excellent games.
1NWCG
Cobexlaw,Greg,Volcano man,Mattieu Brevet,Nir Project,Phil "Wipy"Bezard,Designer group,
ANCC,EOD,
Brian Shrader (dont forget to download his tree grafics,they are excellent)
http://hometown.aol.de/monsmoy/trees.zip
My wife, my mum,my dad, my nextdoor neighbours wife :-))) naughty ,aunty Nancy,my cat,my dog, my beer bottle,the toilet etc...................:-)))))))))))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:44 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jim Hall</i>
<br />Lt Dickens’s battle was effectively over. Surrounded by French infantry but inaccessible due to 20 foot thick walls the tower was totally ungunned and as it was no threat it was being ignored. Within sight of Tower 4 on the edge of West Hythe trooper Jones surveyed the devastation across the Canal. Three of the Towers had fallen silent while a further three were firing spasmodically. Ahead of him and heading east he could see the 1st and 2nd Brigades of the Ulster Militia hurrying towards the fighting at the Canal's end.
Even further to the east Major General Mc'Kenzie had, at his own initative marched the three thousand infantry of the 7th Division, Army Reserve toward the sound of the guns. On the thickly wooded ridge behind Church Hougham he could now see some Militia and the 2nd Brigade of the K.G.L. trying to slow the advance of a number of French columns.

8.00 am 17/300

Commander 2nd. Corps
Allied/Dutch Army

great story Jim,keep it up,the Martello towers i put in the features.bmp look quite similar to the real thing i think dont you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:39 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by etrapanob</i>
It was the old nir map ,but i completely stripped it down and rebuilt it.Thanks to Cobexlaw and the map utility.If David Guegan had a copy of the CD he would notice a thank you message in the home made Intro to Matthieu Brevet also included is a thank you to Cobexlaw and Volcano man.The old nir map didnt convert properly because all the hedges,roads etc turned out different in the convertion.This meant i had to rebuild the map from scatch running at the same time the old NIR project map simultaneously with a Kent map .bmp from the year 1864 that i downloaded from the net as a reference.As i have stated,the persons who required a FREE copy of Eagle on CD from me will be able to confirm a thank you during the intro to Matthieu Brevet.In the Nir project version of the Kent map,there were roads crossing the English channel ,no beaches,the gradients are different,roadways are different, features,etc.So although thankful to Matthieu ,i feel the hard work i put in to this map is enough to consider the making of it my own work.I detect a little "stab in the back by David" here for my opinion of his unit.bmp some time ago.Volcano mans Unit .bmp are better in my opinion,thus i used his Unit.bmp plus added some of my own to it.
The reason the thank you is not included in the stripped version of Eagle is simple.The Intro i made is 64 mb in size and i dont have enough webspace for that.
Thanks to all who were involved directly or indirectly with the making of this MOD

Thanks for that explanation... I was asking because, I don't have your cd version of that mod.
I guess a little note as a Txt file with the download would have been enough.
By the way how did you do to includ the new rules of the game? because when we look at the help it shows version 1.01?

By the way I didn't know/remember that you didn't like "my" graphics. So there was no stab in the back...[;)]

I have been playing (extensively) the Nir Project Games including the Invasion of England. We had a very nice Command controle game last year with Matthieu (as moderator of the game) and a bunch of players, so I knew the map and after downloading your I noticed similarities immediately (like where it started etc...) so that is why I was asking. Now that I have navigated more on your map I see the numerous differences.

I am waiting to see now what is going to be the counter-move of HPS when they will realise that their protection against new maps doesn't work anymore.

<font color="green"> <b>Général de Division David Guégan Comte de Toulon, Duc de Nimes</b>
Co 11eme division
III Corps, AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:07 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davidguegan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by etrapanob</i>

Thanks for that explanation... I was asking because, I don't have your cd version of that mod.
I guess a little note as a Txt file with the download would have been enough.
By the way how did you do to includ the new rules of the game? because when we look at the help it shows version 1.01?

By the way I didn't know/remember that you didn't like "my" graphics. So there was no stab in the back...[;)]

I have been playing (extensively) the Nir Project Games including the Invasion of England. We had a very nice Command controle game last year with Matthieu (as moderator of the game) and a bunch of players, so I knew the map and after downloading your I noticed similarities immediately (like where it started etc...) so that is why I was asking. Now that I have navigated more on your map I see the numerous differences.

I am waiting to see now what is going to be the counter-move of HPS when they will realise that their protection against new maps doesn't work anymore.

Co 11eme division
III Corps, AdN

http://spacetarget.com/games/pc_campaign.shtml
i have all original versions of HPS and Talonsoft games.I also dont even ask for the cost or postage of the CDs of eagle i send out to people.I do it because i love playing HPS games and feel that Mods keep the J.Tiller games alive and kicking.If that is what you are suggesting David (another stab in the back perhaps?)or perhaps a kick below the belt.In fact its people like Jean Marie Barbier,Claus Beuther ,Greg Gorsuch, Cobexlaw,Designer Group Germany,myself and all the other guys out there who enjoy "modding" the HPS games for the love of the game and the urge to give other HPS fans the enjoyment nad fun of their mods.I hope you werent suggesting anything else in your statement because i can be real nasty bast..d if you were.MATE[:(!]
[}:)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:22 am 

Sir Etrapanob or Bomaparte,

David is a very good guy and I'm sure you're misundertstanding his remarks.

Regarding the mods, I agree with you : they are giving the games extra long lifes. Sure HPS knows it and is also convinced.

I Corps
Anglo-Allied Army
</font id="orange">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:57 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by valere5</i>
<br />Sir Etrapanob or Bomaparte,

David is a very good guy and I'm sure you're misundertstanding his remarks.

Regarding the mods, I agree with you : they are giving the games extra long lifes. Sure HPS knows it and is also convinced.

I Corps
Anglo-Allied Army
</font id="orange">

He probably is i hope i have misunderstood his remarks:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:28 am 

Gentlemen!

Really now. The issue is moot.

With <font color="orange"><b>Les Grognards</b></font id="orange"> and <font color="orange"><b>BPW:Battle of Napoleon</b></font id="orange"> on the horizon, the idea of having a Napoleonic game without a comprehensive map editor is simply out the door. Its going to be up there with the Model T and watching TV in black and white.

This is so because both games will have a comprehensive map & OOB editor. How can this sort of issue ever come up again? <font color="orange"><b>BPW:BoN</b></font id="orange"> will cover the entire Napoleonic Era while <font color="orange"><b>LG</b></font id="orange"> in 3D will initially cover the conflicts with Austria and Russia and smaller nations.

I'd bet a lot of money HPS won't release a new game for the hypothetical Invasion of England in the next several to six months, because as it looks now, that is all we will have to wait for <font color="orange"><b>Les Grognards</b></font id="orange"> and <font color="orange"><b>BPW:Battle of Napoleon.</b></font id="orange"> I'd bet your first born child that they don't even have plans for one.

Andy is only <font color="orange"><b>helping </b></font id="orange">this hobby AND NOTHING ELSE! Everything he (etrapanob) says is true.

I can verify that Andy does not charge red a cent for his mods. He sends them out free of charge. <u> He doesn't charge for anything.</u> His downloads are free. I can only imagine how much work he went through to bring <font color="orange"><b>The Eagle Has Landed</b></font id="orange"> to us. He deserves a medal.

Also, if you look on the game screen it says "For Private Use Only."

So, there really isn't anything to get all huffy about, IMO.

Cheers,
Rick

Lieutenant Colonel Rick Motko
1er Bataillon, 33° Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
2eme Brigade, 11eme division
IIIe corps, Armée du Nord

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:35 am 

There must be a misunderstanding.
I am not at war after you, I don't know you and would certainly appreciate if you would stop to be paranoi with me.

I don't think I have tried to stab you in the back or kicked your balls (what ever is your choice), when I have something to say I just say it. [:o)]

Anyway, I see the work you did on this MOD and certainly appreciate as everybody does its quality [:)]

I have raised a valid point to which nobody answered to. It is not directly pointed against you, it is a question that came to me after seeing what happened in a sister club (ACWGC) where some people made a lot of mods for the HPS games. More protections for the game and less capacity to mod was the answer to it.

I also have all the games Talonsoft and HPS (from the 1776 to the last PzCampaigns) and I love those games as you do.

By the way, in this club we ask to everybody who post in this tavern to put their name. It is the custom and we like to know to whom we are speaking to (it is also a mark of politness).

Co 11eme division
III Corps, AdN