Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:47 pm 

Yawnnn...why does everything has to be such a big ^#%#^ deal here, always....be glad there are people out there who spent a s*** load of time and effort making another great game/scenario. Enjoy it..And if someone can build on what has been brought out before, good...only makes stuff better....Maybe it's just me going into hippie mode, but as far as I can tell all private moderations of HPS games, cobexlaw or Mr Barnes, kick the **** out of HPS. No matter where they got they're stuff from. So be thankfull there are people out there who wish to improve and don't have to work with budgets and just make great games. And which look good...
And why nag...?(version 1.01 or 3.73) it's free...so the nagging is pretty cheap....enjoy...Stephane and Andy put out the best stuff around....

[:D]Not that I don't love Mr Tiller and his team. What they do is wonderfull....they're the best. %#$#$@% get those games, but take a MOD as it is. An extention of...It's a mod and not the full monty like the HPS team tries to give you. And HPS give you damn good games....

Cheers,
Patric
VII

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:30 pm 

Yes, its kind of a shame. Jim was putting up such interesting posts before the boys started brawling. [:D][:D]

Gonna pull up my lounge chair and see what happens in the next round of Jim's posts. [8D]

Gonna ignore the other rabble that seems to have interjected into this nice thread. [;)]

Bill Peters

[url="http://www.fireandmelee.net"]Fire and Melee Wargame site[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:39 pm 

<i>Stations a company of Grenadiers outside the tavern door</i>

<b>
Gentlemen, let us remember that we are officers and gentlemen, Helga does have standards for us.</b>

FZM Freiherr Gary McClellan
Generalissimus Imperial Austrian Army
Portner Grenadier Battallion
Allied Coalition C-in-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:06 am 
"Stations a company of Grenadiers outside the tavern door"

Herr McClellan don't look now but your company of grenadiers look more like a band of frat brothers at the end of rush week. Shouldn't have brought Austrian Grenadiers the mere thought of beer intoxicates them. [:D]

I'm sure Eugene is nearby though, and he'll send a company of French Grenadiers to enforce the peace. [;)]

We can't ask for any British grenadiers as they seem hard pressed defending thier little island. Play on Sir Jim, play on!

Colonel Al Amos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:00 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary McClellan</i>
<br />

<b>
.............Gentlemen, let us remember that we are officers and gentlemen,.........</b>

FZM Freiherr Gary McClellan
Generalissimus Imperial Austrian Army
Portner Grenadier Battallion
Allied Coalition C-in-C
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Speak for yourself Sir!

Both of my parents were married when I was born!

Lieutenant Colonel Rick Motko
1er Bataillon, 33° Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
2eme Brigade, 11eme division
IIIe corps, Armée du Nord

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:21 am 

A cannon ball fired from the south side of the canal, although almost spent still shattered the leg of a horse in Jones’s Troop. This was the first casualty the Yeoman Cavalry regiment had suffered. Although the only action they had ever seen had been in the “Luddite Troublesâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:28 am 

In a farm house just outside Horn Gate a blue frock coat had been thrown carelessly over the back of a chair while its owner gazed morosely into the fire. His faithful cook James Thornton was trying to prepare breakfast but having great difficulty due to the scolding of the farmers wife who didn’t like her kitchen taken over, even by Wellington.
The news was grim a galloper had already brought news of the near annihilation of the 7th Division .
To the south east heated exchanges where still going on around Shorncliffe Camp and Sandgate, this at least meant the French in Romney Marsh had not broken out.
Small consolation when to the east as far as Dover was in French hands.
Trooper Jones however was elated one squadron of the Gwent Yeomanry had charges an unlimbered battery and although taking fearful casualties had destroyed the guns. Even better was to follow as the other three squadrons attacked a group of French Cuirassiers and captured a Colonel and two Generals of Brigade.

10.00am 25/300

Field Marshal Sir "Lucky" Jim (K.G.)
Commander 2nd. Corps
Allied/Dutch Army
"And let my sword not sleep in my hand"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:31 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jim Hall</i>
<br />In a farm house just outside Horn Gate a blue frock coat had been thrown carelessly over the back of a chair while its owner gazed morosely into the fire. His faithful cook James Thornton was trying to prepare breakfast but having great difficulty due to the scolding of the farmers wife who didn’t like her kitchen taken over, even by Wellington.
The news was grim a galloper had already brought news of the near annihilation of the 7th Division .
To the south east heated exchanges where still going on around Shorncliffe Camp and Sandgate, this at least meant the French in Romney Marsh had not broken out.
Small consolation when to the east as far as Dover was in French hands.
Trooper Jones however was elated one squadron of the Gwent Yeomanry had charges an unlimbered battery and although taking fearful casualties had destroyed the guns. Even better was to follow as the other three squadrons attacked a group of French Cuirassiers and captured a Colonel and two Generals of Brigade.

10.00am 25/300

Field Marshal Sir "Lucky" Jim (K.G.)
Commander 2nd. Corps
Allied/Dutch Army
"And let my sword not sleep in my hand"

Hey, good going. Keep capturing those French officers!

Bill Peters
Former NWC President, Club Founder, Prussian and Austrian Army Founder

[url="http://www.fireandmelee.net"]Fire and Melee Wargame site[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:05 pm 

"Both of my parents were married when I was born!"

Rick - to each other or to somebody else?

Well finally I've loaded the game and it looks like Mr Barrett has finally decided to give HPS a go.

Generalissimo
Opolchenie Korpus
Russian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:10 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andy Moss</i>
<br />"Both of my parents were married when I was born!"

Rick - to each other or to somebody else?.....

Generalissimo
Opolchenie Korpus
Russian Army

Hmmmmm. I'm not saying. [;)][:o)]

Colonel Rick Motko
1er Bataillon, 33° Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
2eme Brigade, 11eme division
IIIe corps, Armée du Nord

Vive l'Empereur!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:17 am 

Eagle has landed has been updated with a couple of minor bits and bobs.
Brian Schraders "trees" are now in the download.
Sand instead of marsh
Redoubt instead of Chateau.
If you look carefully youll see a couple of "little experiments":-)))

http://members.aol.com/Rardencannon/Eagle.htm