Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:19 am 

So over the past 1 /2 a year or so everytime I would place my ads for Prussia...which reminds me I'm due up again...HAHA!! [}:)][:D]....Phil and Gary would always come out to pick a fight with me and occasionally my doppelganger from Austria Aaron Burr would pop his head out for a few shots.

Well since then me and Roubaud have taken up arms and in quite his charming fashion he has styled me a new title, which you all can see has been added to my signature, making my official title probably the longest in the club for one line design. Needless to say he has said here and in e-mails the name of Herr Windbagenführer, because we all know I like to blow hot air around and see which way it flows in the tavern...kinda like right now...[:p][}:)][:D]

So anywho my sinceriest thanks for the Field Sludge Master McClellan and most importantly my old teacher at the RMA and new long lost friend from Austria Field Master Loser Roubaud. Phil I wear your name you gave me with pride!! [:D][:D][}:)][:p]

Now what did I do with those ad...mmmm...

Rounds of drinks for all the Austrian fools....!!!! [:D][:D][:p]

<center>--------------------------------------------------------

Herr Windbagenführer General der Infanterie Scott Prinz Ludwig von Saxe-Weimar
Aide-du-Kamp and Webmaster
Heer am Niederrhein

[url="http://www.prussianarmy.com/"]Königliche Preußische Armee[/url]

http://www.networkforgood.org</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:37 am 

::Reads long and pompous aka 'windbaggy' post::

Ummm.....thanks?

[:D]

Feldmarschalleutnant Philip Graf Roubaud
Kommandant
Vienna Militärakademie
Imperial Armee of Austria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:15 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Philbert</i>
<br />::Reads long and pompous aka 'windbaggy' post::

Ummm.....thanks?

[:D]

Feldmarschalleutnant Philip Graf Roubaud
Kommandant
Vienna Militärakademie
Imperial Armee of Austria<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

HAHA!! [:D][}:)][:p] Exactly...where would you be without me..oh yeah normal and sane??[:p][}:)][:D]

Heer am Niederrhein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:38 am 

Typical Prussian, blaming us for the skirmishing.

Prussia is like a small dog, yapping yapping away behind the fence, but when someone begins to open the gate, it goes running off to under a pile of leaves.

FZM Freiherr Gary McClellan
Generalissimus Imperial Austrian Army
Portner Grenadier Battallion
Allied Coalition C-in-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:49 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary McClellan</i>
<br />Typical Prussian, blaming us for the skirmishing.

Prussia is like a small dog, yapping yapping away behind the fence, but when someone begins to open the gate, it goes running off to under a pile of leaves.

Allied Coalition C-in-C
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Typical response from the under-educated halflings. Of course mind you each time Blucher lost he charged forward....not back and retreat across our country the way the Austrians did....of course our Royal Family stayed loyal to the cause and did not marry into the upstart the way your weak no backboned King did...[:D][:D]

Ah...its good to be back and get into the thick of things again!! [:p][}:)]

Sweet kisses and regards Austria!! The Windbagenführer

Heer am Niederrhein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:42 am 

Loyal to the cause?

Let me see, here, you showed up at Valmy, and decided to run and hide for over a decade. Then, you let the French bribe you with Hanover to stay out of our war, and finally, when you realized the rapacious nature of the Frenchmen, did you consider fighting in 1806. A rather spectacular loss at that.

Then, only when you could hide behind the Cossacks ponies did you bother to get back into the war.

Allied Coalition C-in-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:12 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary McClellan</i>
<br />Loyal to the cause?

Let me see, here, you showed up at Valmy, and decided to run and hide for over a decade. Then, you let the French bribe you with Hanover to stay out of our war, and finally, when you realized the rapacious nature of the Frenchmen, did you consider fighting in 1806. A rather spectacular loss at that.

Then, only when you could hide behind the Cossacks ponies did you bother to get back into the war.

Allied Coalition C-in-C

Actually the Prussians were probably one of the more militant groups during the period with only their supreme leadership of the king being flakey. Much like the Austrians and Russians.

The only reason why Napoleon did so well is that there was no monarch who fought in the field anymore. Put old Frederick in the saddle and get him up to speed with the tactics of the period and you would have had a different story.

I divide the Prussians into three groups:

1. Cautious: The King and his party. Didnt have the military grasp of a Frederick or Napoleon.

2. Militant: The Queen and her party. Put Prussia into a war in 1806 when they shouldnt have. Despite the popularily of the Queen in some minds she lacked diplomatic brains and should never have backed the war party of 1806.

3. Revolutionary/Militant: Scharnhorst and co. These copied much of the French system with a bit of homespun on their own. Using Blucher the old dogged enemy of Napoleon and a nationalistic ferver which hitherto had been unknown this group was able to field an army that could go toe to toe with Napoleon's generals but never really against old Boney himself. Only when the Allies could approach a large majority could they beat Napoleon and even then they let him slip away at Leipzig so he could fight another campaign (albeit short it did drain more manpower from the Allies and actually gave Russia more diplomatic power at the bargaining table).

While not exactly a Prussian adherent I also do not discount their ability to tie Napoleon into another campaign. Actually if France had stuck with what they had gained in 1805 they could have kept Prussia and Austria at ends with endless intrigue in the area of Saxony, Galicia, Poland and other German principalities. Forming the Confed of the Rhine was probably one of the smarter things that Napoleon ever did. Humiliating the Prussians diplomatically with the Treat of Tilsit and other overtures was not. In the end it just made them a more determined foe. Better to have not taken such drastic measures against them.

Funny, but Frederick the Great was viewed by the monarchies of Europe as the upstart of his time. Interesting how the pendulum swung around to point at Bonaparte. Reminds me of games like Diplomacy where you dont want to be the center of attention! [;)]

Bill Peters

[url="http://www.fireandmelee.net"]Fire and Melee Wargame site[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:26 am 

Gen. Ludwig. I hate to say it again and again but ... there are dozens of evil French you can bite. No need to blame our Allies.

<font color="gold">Feldmarshall
Stefan Ritter von Reuter
Großfürst von Wahlstadt
CoA Armee des Niederrhein</font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:12 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stefan Reuter</i>
<br />Gen. Ludwig. I hate to say it again and again but ... there are dozens of evil French you can bite. No need to blame our Allies.

<font color="gold">Feldmarshall
Stefan Ritter von Reuter
Großfürst von Wahlstadt
CoA Armee des Niederrhein</font id="gold">

Ughhh...I know...but the Frenchies don't respond half the time....[:D]

Heer am Niederrhein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:32 pm 

And he can call us out for a duel!

The Frog he has to kill for no good reason.

<b><font color="gold">Major</font id="gold"> A. '<font color="beige">Graf</font id="beige">' Burr
Fourierschützen [url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/burr/Austrian%20Army/Aaron_Burr.htm"](OBD)[/url]
<font color="red">2nd Jäger Bn</font id="red">
<font color="beige">2nd Division
I Korps</font id="beige">
Austrian Army</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:27 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Burr</i>
<br />And he can call us out for a duel!

The Frog he has to kill for no good reason.

<b><font color="gold">Major</font id="gold"> A. '<font color="beige">Graf</font id="beige">' Burr
Fourierschützen [url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/burr/Austrian%20Army/Aaron_Burr.htm"](OBD)[/url]
<font color="red">2nd Jäger Bn</font id="red">
<font color="beige">2nd Division
I Korps</font id="beige">

Ah see he came...[:D]
Austrian Army</b>

Heer am Niederrhein