Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Feedback Wanted
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:40 pm 

You guys that have finished games in Wagram and Eckmuhl - could you give me some info on your game and if you ran out of ammo, had too much ammo, was the scenario balanced?

Marco R. and Patrick M. - you guys just finished a game of Wagram Village. How did it go?

I have already heard about the Alt-Eglofsheim scenario (Eckmuhl) results and am going to try and make some changes.

Terry Lubka and John Sheffield - how did you Wagram - First Day fight go? I am going to put out a patch that has a corrected map and setup.

KARL VON WERRA and John Corbin - how did your Battle of Znaim fight go from the Wagram game?

I cant cover them all. Any feedback you give me will help future gamers.

I played a "Hunt for Davout" from Eckmuhl and Gabriel Rodriguez beat me. This was the 2nd version of the fight. Slightly different battle.

Why is it that more of the mods are not played? I see an occaisional Austerlitz played but not very many of the mods played in the club. I hear talk of how well received they are but not much in the way of club records reflecting wide reception for play. I thought that the Austerlitz map was very well done. Was thinking of getting into a game of it myself.

Bill Peters
Former NWC President, Club Founder, Prussian and Austrian Army Founder, Stefan Reuter's hunting buddy. HPS Napoleonic Scenario Designer (Eckmuhl, Wagram)

[url="http://www.fireandmelee.net"]Fire and Melee Wargame site[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:24 am 

Hi Bill
In my challenge against you and others players, I never ran out of ammo, I had enough ammo,
was the scenario balanced?
Yes, I don´t have problems about of that.

http://www.venezuela-emb.org.au/images/flag.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:48 am 

Hi Bill,

Terry and I are just over halfway in our scenario, I don't know about Terry but everything appears balanced enough from an Austrian point of view or will be when the remainer of my army is released .It should even itself out. There could be more ammo but I suppose most people feel that way. As the game's still ongoing I won't go into detail but I'm certainly enjoying it.

Regards,

<font color="orange">2nd Lieutenant John Sheffield
1st Btn/91 foot
[Argyllshire Highlanders]
6th British Bgd/4th Inf Div/
II Corps/</font id="orange"><b><font color="red">Anglo-Allied Army.</font id="red"></b>

<font color="gold">"Four things come back not: The spoken word; The sped arrow; Time past; and Opportunity." </font id="gold">
<font color="yellow">Caliph Omar I, ad 582-644.</font id="yellow">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:42 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by john sheffield</i>
<br />Hi Bill,

Terry and I are just over halfway in our scenario, I don't know about Terry but everything appears balanced enough from an Austrian point of view or will be when the remainer of my army is released .It should even itself out. There could be more ammo but I suppose most people feel that way. As the game's still ongoing I won't go into detail but I'm certainly enjoying it.

Regards,

1st Btn/91 foot
II Corps/</font id="orange"><b><font color="red">Anglo-Allied Army.</font id="red"></b>

<font color="gold">"Four things come back not: The spoken word; The sped arrow; Time past; and Opportunity." </font id="gold">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Keep me posted on the outcome. Especailly victory levels and ammo. Those are easy to fix. Dont ask me for a bazooka or flamethrower. My ISP rejects those kind of requests! [:D]

Bill Peters
Former NWC President, Club Founder, Prussian and Austrian Army Founder, Stefan Reuter's hunting buddy. HPS Napoleonic Scenario Designer (Eckmuhl, Wagram)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:26 am 

Keep me posted on the outcome. Especailly victory levels and ammo. Those are easy to fix. Dont ask me for a bazooka or flamethrower. My ISP rejects those kind of requests! [:D]

Bill Peters

No problem Bill.

Regards,

1st Btn/91 foot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:03 am 

OT aside - Bill Peters - you are approaching 3000 posts. Do we have a Iron Fingertips award for this? How will you celebrate?

<b>Général de Division Michael Cox</b>
<font size="4"><i>Principe <font size="1">della </font id="size1">Toscana</i></font id="size4">
Comte de Moselle
<i><font size="4">Armée du Rhin</font id="size4">
<font size="2">2e battallion, 1er Regiment de Chasseurs a Pied, Inf. de l'V. Gde.</i></font id="size2">
<center>Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:04 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mike Cox</i>
<br />OT aside - Bill Peters - you are approaching 3000 posts. Do we have a Iron Fingertips award for this? How will you celebrate?

<b>Général de Division Michael Cox</b>
<font size="4"><i>Principe <font size="1">della </font id="size1">Toscana</i></font id="size4">
Comte de Moselle
<i><font size="4">Armée du Rhin</font id="size4">
<font size="2">2e battallion, 1er Regiment de Chasseurs a Pied, Inf. de l'V. Gde.</i></font id="size2">
<center>Image</center>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sheesh, sounds like a good enough reason to come visit you and go out for a nice dinner!!

Just a note: my neighbor grew up in your town. Lots of folks from the Cal Wine Country/Bay Area here in Boise.

Bill Peters