Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Defeated Again by Paco
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:30 am 

A muddied horse and rider gallup up to the front of the Tavern. The horse disposes of his rider ingloriously and trots off to water himself and get cleaned up after a disasterously-led campaign of Waterloo. The British officer stalks furiously into the Tavern (leaving a trail of muddy footprints across the floor) and pulls up at the bar. [:(!]

<i>"Helga, my dear Lady, please set up a row of shots of your finest Irish Whiskey (the officer currently commands the 6th Inniskilling Dragoons) so that I can ease my pain and humiliation over yet another loss to that blasted Frenchman, Francisco 'Paco' Palomo. This time it was a single scenario campaign of Waterloo and he destroyed my combined allied army in less than a full day after crossing the Sombre River (sic). I cannot seem to beat this Frenchman -- one defeat after another it is for me. This time, even my horse was disgusted with my performance. He wouldn't even talk to me on the way back to the Tavern. Ughh. After I drown my sorrow and restore my pride, I shall endeavor to persevere and come up with a better battle plan."</i>

So cheers everyone... To Marechal Paco, one of France's most talented officers, and to a New Year -- when perhaps I shall get another chance at him. Salute.

FM Sir 'Muddy' Jones, KG
2nd Life Guards, Household Cavalry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:06 pm 

A particularly haggard Frenchman eases himself off his equally battered mount and slowly limps into the Tavern, leaving a trail of blood on the ground from the gaping slash on his left leg.[B)]

"Helga, please be a dear and get me a doctor and a bottle of your finest Armagnac to settle my nerves. I've only just managed to escape the clutches of Sir Muddy, and it was far too close for comfort. Every time I turned around, a fresh horde of screaming Prussian infantry and English cav would materialize out of thin air. Oh, the horror of it all. There must be 10,000 cavalry alone awaiting burial South of Gosseiles. The entire 4e Cav Div was destroyed and the 10eme Dragoon Dv, YG, 8eme Inf and 11 eme Inf can barely muster a corporal's guard between them[V]. There ain't gonna be no re-match, at least not until I've had a chance to heal for a good long while [xx(]."

Mssrs., please raise your glasses to Sir Muddy, the finest officer in His Britannic Majesty's Army. It was a VERY "near run thing" and but for the dogged determination of the French horse, that kept charging and re-forming time after time, and the blessings of Mars, Sir Muddy would have had my sword this time.

Regards and Happy New Year!

Paco

<i>Maréchal</i> M. Francisco Palomo
<i>Prince d'Essling, Grande Duc d'Abrantes et
Comte de Marseille
Commandant - Division de Cavalerie de la Vieille Garde </i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:24 pm 

Well done to you both. Join me in an hedonator or two to remember those of the club no longer with us.
Happy New Year.[:)]

Kolonel Sellick Davies,
III Bataillon Nassau-Usingen,
2nd Bde,