Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: #13a Four Nations
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:49 am 

Ed Blackburn and I began this scenario, but quickly recognized the Russian 2nd Division could be overpowered by the entire French I Corps. The units in the north begin fixed, but the French units release earlier than the Russians which does not allow for an escape from the trap they are in against the map edge. The division is weak in infantry compared to the French and the other Russian division on the map does not release from its fixed status until 0800, too late to render assistance.

Adding to the above potential point loss for the Allies, are the victory point levels: 12,000 points for a minor victory and 15,000 for a major victory for the Allies. That seems a bit more than most players would want to take on. This is the same scenario where all the bridges were missing across the rivers, so unless someone wanted to edit the bridges back in - which I did - no one would likely engage in the scenario.

Considering the potential for the hypothetical scenario, and enjoying the larger campaign style games, I used the editor to move the Russian 2nd Division further east near the Russian 3rd Division and rerouted the reinforcements to support this change in position.

Austrian Korps

Post subject: Re: #13a Four Nations
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:33 pm 

Thanks for your comments, Jeff. I will look over this one and eventually update it for the next update.

I did fix the bridges so that much is done.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:46 am 

I can send you the revised SCN file. Ed and I are in turn 80 of this revised scenario. The situation for the Russians can still be hazardous depending on how aggressive the French are, but much better for the Allied player who does not have to lose an entire division on the first day.

Also, I'm constructing a completely different scenario using the Four Nations OOB as the foundation. It will be more on the lines of the Six Days scenarios, but will likely place the French on the defensive unless they can isolate and attack an Allied army. I have increased the Russian artillery allotment as it seems entirely too low for the number of guns the Russians possess - as in comparison to the other Allied armies. You may want to look at that as well when you update the scenario.

Austrian Korps

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 pm 

Sure, send it on to me. I will look over what you have.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)