Napoleonic Wargame Club

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Corps

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

Bulletin de la Grande Armée No. 1

Officers of the Grande Armée,
I am proud to share with you the advancements that the Grande Armée has made since the beginning of this year.

First and foremost was the French officer corps tested for its availability to lead and command, this ensured and active officer base to fill the new Order of Battle. This new Order of Battle was introduced to ensure that a compact and active fighting force can be put to engage the enemy but at the same time allow a wide range of positions for officer and their abilities to contribute to our victory.

The officer corps got list of duties that each command level has, from the normal officer to the corps commander, by the release of the "Grande Armée - Officer Duties". This ensures that every officers knows the burdens that certain command positions have but also that the work that is done by these positions will contribute to the flawless operations fo the Grande Armée.
In addition, the officer corps was made aware of the inner workings of the Grande Armée by the release of the "Grande Armée - Décrets Impérial". These ensure the understanding of procedures and regulations applied onto the Grande Armée and make every officer aware of his possibilities within the Grande Armée.

The forum sections of the Grande Armée were heavily expanded to ensure a better and more structured disposition that allows specific collections of topics of importance without them being lost in the usual clutter of Pierre's Tavern. The forum groups were adjusted as well to allow specific privileges according to the officers status.

Finally, our webpages got an overhaul to depict the new Order of Battle as well as the various major and minor changes that got applied to the Grande Armée.

The Grande Armée is on a new road that will ensure that it is stronger then ever, and that it will use this strength to ensure the future of the Napoleonic Wargame Club.
The coming months will again bring changes of major and minor nature to continue our journey on this new road. With the fine companionship of officers that the Grande Armée has I'm looking forward to this journey!

Vive l'Empereur!!!

Following is a list of noteworthy occurrences of our officer corps since the beginning of the year.

Command assignments
Maréchal Francisco Palomo was assigned to 1er Corps d'Armée as its new Commandant en Chef du 1er Corps d'Armée on 13th May 2020.

Maréchal Paul Chavis was assigned to 5ème Corps d'Armée as its new Commandant en Chef du 5ème Corps d'Armée on 4th April 2020.

Général Mark Oakford was assigned to Réserve de Cavalerie as its new Commandant en Chef de la Réserve de Cavalerie on 1st April 2020.

Général Pete Russo was assigned to 4ème Corps d'Armée as its new Commandant en Chef du 4ème Corps d'Armée on 1st April 2020.

Maréchal John Corbin was made Impériale Aid de Camp de la Grande Armée on 9th January 2020.

Inactive officers returning since 1st January 2020
Général de Brigade Sean Turner was reactivated on 29th May 2020, he was assigned to the 10ème Régiment de Dragons in the Réserve de Cavalerie.

Chef de Bataillon Kevin Koch was reactivated on 29th May 2020, he was assigned to the 48ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne in the 3ème Corps d'Armée.

Sous-Lieutenant Tomasz Tesznar was reactivated on 21st May 2020, he was assigned to the 2ème Compagnie du 2ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Cheval in the Réserve de Cavalerie.

Major Giovanni Boffi was reactivated on 16th May 2020, he was assigned to the 8ème Régiment de Dragons in the Réserve de Cavalerie.

Sous-Lieutenant Joao Lima was reactivated on 12th May 2020, he was assigned to the 3ème Compagnie du 3ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Cheval in the 1er Corps d'Armée.

Capitaine Giorgio Beacco was reactivated on 6th May 2020, he was assigned to the 94ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne in the 1er Corps d'Armée.

Général de Brigade Raymond Bursch was reactivated on 16th April 2020, he was assigned to the 27ème Régiment de Dragons in the 3ème Corps d'Armée.

Général de Brigade Olivier Bianchi was reactivated on 30th March 2020, he was assigned to the 34ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne in the 5ème Corps d'Armée.

New officers since 1st January 2020
Sous-Lieutenant Phillip Arsenault joined our ranks on on 13th May 2020, he was assigned to the 18ème Compagnie du 5ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Pied in the 4ème Corps d'Armée.

Sous-Lieutenant James Barbour joined our ranks on on 13th May 2020, he was assigned to the 2ème Compagnie du 3ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Cheval in the 1er Corps d'Armée.

Sous-Lieutenant Serge Hebrant joined our ranks on on 6th May 2020, he was assigned to the 1ère Compagnie du 7ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Pied in the 5ème Corps d'Armée.

Sous-Lieutenant Matthew Reyes joined our ranks on on 28th April 2020, he was assigned to the 16ème Compagnie du 5ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Pied in the 5ème Corps d'Armée.

Lieutenant Marco Ranalli joined our ranks on on 1st April 2020, he was assigned to the 17ème Compagnie du 5ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Pied in the 4ème Corps d'Armée.

Lieutenant Erin Obrian joined our ranks on on 23rd January 2020, he was assigned to the 13ème Compagnie du 5ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Pied in the 4ème Corps d'Armée.

Lieutenant Earle Cook
joined our ranks on on 9th January 2020, he was assigned to the 5ème Compagnie du 1er Régiment d'Artillerie à Pied in the 5ème Corps d'Armée.

Awards
Lieutenant Marco Ranalli received the Médaille Militaire effectively on 29th April 2020 for his first major victory.

Général Clint Matthews receives L'Ordre des Deux-Siciles Officier 1e Classe effectively on 16th March 2020 for gaining 75 victory points.

Lieutenant Al Amos received the Médaille Militaire effectively on 19th October 2019 for his first major victory.

Promotions
Having gained enough OBD points then Sous-Lieutenant Marco Ranalli was promoted to Lieutenant on 19th May 2020.

Having gained enough OBD points then Capitaine Cedric Monget was promoted to Major on 26th March 2020.

Having gained enough OBD points then Lieutenant Al Amos was promoted to Capitaine on 26th March 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:48 am 

It all looks promising but I seem to have been shunted into the artillery rather without ceremony, although I can't tell you precisely when that happened.

Appreciating that I must be the most inactive Active member in the entire history of the NWC :frenchoops: it's still rather shoddy.

And whilst we're on the subject, what happened to OBD points for muster? I used to play a lot of games that were essentially manouevres… and sadly many of them were unrecorded (I didn't care/know much better at the time). So, the muster points was the only way I got any small snippet of credit. I made it to Captaine once, based pretty much just on OBD points... (I had a medal too.. :frenchvive1: )0 But then the club lost all its records during some re-shuffle and I got dumped down to Lieutenant again.. :frenchshock:

It's difficult to keep on top of what is essentially a hobby, in amongst real life.. so the club (or maybe it's just the LGA) not really being able to cope with too many "casuals" makes me look across the Alps and the service of the Austrian Emperor. I much prefer the uniform, compared to the Prussians for example (who would also take just anybody).

Any road up.. what *infantry* unit can I command...? The Artillery seems to be for boys who don't even shave yet.

And how about my Capitaine rank back, since I've been in the LGA for maybe 100 years (I think the "Join Date" is from when the club got recycled. I was in it since almost forever..

Regards

4ème Corps d'Armée

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:33 pm 

"The Artillery seems to be for boys who don't even shave yet."

Good Lord, man! Artillery is where men are men and all the serving wenches and Ladies of repute know it. Granted, some of us have 3.5" howitzers, but the majority of Cannon Men are know for 9 & 12 inch guns! Perhaps it is because we are Royal Artillery and not the "liberated" children of Paris. Remember that when you go to the French infantry they require you to be able to handle mini balls.

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Lieutenant Serena nice to see you getting active again.
The changes that got applied early this year were part of a grand restructuring to make the Grande Armée fit for the coming years.
Your placement in an artillery unit comes form the fact that you have yet to reach the rank of Capitaine, at that point you will be reassigned to a regular unit. You are not far away, just 29 OBD points what can be done with a short actions against any of the enemies of France to teach them a lesson.

Points for muster are not granted, any member should do the muster out of a will to be & stay a member, not just to gain points.

Regarding your maneuvers, a pity that you didn't register them, if you have problem doing so please contact me. This PDF should already help you:
http://wargame.ch/board/nwc/DoR.pdf

Your consideration to look for an assignment in a different country is worrying, consider what you would fight for, decadent royal scum like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sztf4hcGrB4
But fighting for a free Paris would result in a bright future like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htYm5hVPLK8