Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: NWC HISTWAR Officers
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:21 am 

Hello.
I want to make a list of NWC officers who have the game Histwar Les Grognards and plays it pbem and-or tcp/ip.

Quote:

Do we have more officers from both armies so i can update the list from time to time ?

Btw as you know pointing system for Histwar is decided as:
Quote:
0 - 100 minutes = 10 turns
101 - 300 minutes = 15 turns
301 - 500 minutes = 20 turns
501 - 700 minutes = 25 turns
700 + = 30 turns
[code][/code]

Austrian-Prussian-Swedish Contingent
Coalition Army

Last edited by Rustem Riza on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 am, edited 12 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:34 pm 

Here I am!!! :mrgreen:

3rd Bat/95th Reg.

2nd British Infantry Division

II Corps Anglo Allied Army

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:32 am 

thnks Leo Bin, first post list is updated.
Seems like France needs some Histwar officers :wink:

Coalition Army

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:29 am 

Until cavalry ceases to charge deeper and deeper into the enemy formation until routing somewhere in the rear and then surrendering, I doubt that will happen. This was a severe problem with the demo and noone I have asked has indicated this has been corrected. I downloaded the demo and without constant close management of each and every cavalry formation the cavarly would always take 80-90% casualties -- one minute they're in a nice supporting position, perhaps behind a ridgeline safe from artillery fire and the next thing you know they are charging off half cocked and unsupported taking on the whole enemy force single handedly.

Has this been fixed??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:57 am 

People think the below are the remaining bugs:

Quote:
1. OOB fault with too many Gd/Elite being able to be selected.
2. Host orders box still shutting down before you have time to give orders, small problem.
3. Game failing to give result when all is clear one side has significant victory, needs to be watched.
4. Corps given link order marching threw forward core (needs further investigation)
5. Whole Corps or individual units marching off in strange directions sometimes toward enemy or just to edge of map.

http://napbc.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2221

Coalition Army

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:26 am 

I have to say that the game is now though to it's 10th update and is performing better and better.

I was impressed by this recently when I was closely watching a minor rearguard action in a PBEM battle I am playing. The felicity to history and 'good sense' of the AI is ever improving. A Russian brigade of a jaeger regiment and a musketeer regiment were defending their retreating division. The jaegers (5th Rgt) advanced and engaged in a hot firefight with the 7th Legere until they were flanked by advancing french line troops. They broke from their firefight and rallied on the musketeers (Happily the 7th Legere had had enough too and didn't pursue!). The brigade itself was then saved by the intervention of a cuirassier brigade I'd ordered forward and was able to retire safely to rejoin their division in their new position. The cuirassiers then fell back and are currently rallying to the rear right of their corps -- which I suppose answers the question about cavalry control. All this in great 2D & 3D and without me controlling everything. I believe I gave about 3 orders for the entire process to occur! That's a pretty impressive AI!

The 3D graphics have superb uniform and terrain mods by MadRussian and a new 2.0 user interface is in development (http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/ ... l#msg75599).

A good place to view the state of the game are in a few YouTube vids:

If you want to see some good movies made with LG, see http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/ ... 521.0.html

For a review of how to give orders and wotnot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc42e_WasIc

Players have created and uploaded to the HWLG Depot over 30 scenarios, 45 maps (often historical battles and increasingly produced using satelite information), 130+ Orders of Battles. In a magazine recently, the game outpolled Napoleon Total War as the best game of 2010. It's doing ok.

And btw, I just put an LG challenge in the Challenge forum!

2nd Army of the West

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:08 pm 

Someone on the LG forum celebrated a new milestone the other day that I thought I might add here:

Most Online Ever [at the same moment]: 398 (20 January 2011, 21:28:32 pm)

Almost 400 gamers using the site in 5 languages. Not bad.

2nd Army of the West

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:36 am 

Keep us posted on the updates. If the issue that Theron has brought up gets corrected I might be interested in trying it out.

While cavalry of this period (esp. British) did charge impetuously there should be direction to what they charge by the player.

Is there a setting to allocate cavalry to "overwatch/countercharge" or do they just get generic orders (Move, Attack, Defend)?

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:56 pm 

You can set the doctrine for all troops: what they do if they meet inferior or superior enemy, do they chase routers, etc. etc.

The cavalry issue, as my narrative indicated, is well fixed. And yes, if you play English then I'm sure you have to get used to your cavalry being a one shot weapon! But, my cavalry (Russian, generally) does a stirling job of fighting, withdrawing & rallying, fighting, withdrawing etc, and responds very neatly to direct orders to get back to reserve. In the heat of action they sometimes ignore me, but that's reasonable when they've got dragoons charging them!

The game is not perfect for everyone, everyday, everytime. But with the 11th patch in a year just appeared, the progress based on player feedback has been exceptional compared to other games I know and the improvement in game play is excellent. JMM has a policy of little patches often, rather than leaving the game limp along for months and months waiting for a big patch, so the number of patches indicates the high degree of response he is providing rather than a measure of game problems, if you will. I believe that the next season will bring the next major patch series that will upgrade the UI.

I know of no other games where up to eight players can multiplay together with fair stability. The PBEM system works very well. The solo play even better (cept that the AI can never be as engaging as a cunning human -- though the soloist on the forum report themselves fairly happy with it).

The game has a rewarding complexity and depth which can take a little getting used to. Hopefully the community will produce a series of youtube videos over the next year to help newbies learn to use all the features (plus a more intuitive UI made with the help of modders).

I commented on NWC a fair while back that delaying purchases wouldn't hurt because the game would improve over time. I feel vindicated by JMM's committment to it. I am hoping that more players here at NWC pick it up and become involved in the forums at Histwar. Given that there have been nostalgic threads here for long-gone players recently, perhaps it will be an opportunity to recruit and revitalise? You have a great lineage here of players and dedication to napoleonic computer wargaming. It deserves a new wind that 'native' computer games can bring.

2nd Army of the West

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:17 pm 

It has me intrigued for sure. Right now money is in short supply (the game is not cheap) and until I can justify a new game I will have to pass. I am a huge Field of Glory player and really enjoy when they put out new modules. I have all of them so far. Can't wait for their Wolves from the Sea module (I am descended from the Vikings) which will come out in November. Legions Triumphant out soon ...

Keep up the good work of promoting the game. I like the concept. Just have to round up the pesos before I buy it.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:36 am 

I added David to the 1st post.

Coalition Army

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:15 am 

Bravo, another for the new legions!

2nd Army of the West

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:04 am 

Have made a DL of the demo today and tried the tutorial. Looks very good, so I send a purchase order. As soon as it is confirmed and the DL of full game is accessable I will try out whether I am able to lead my forces to victory or have to be dismissed unhonored.

Please add me to the list, thanks.

Juergen Kraut
3rd Line Battalion KGL
1st KGL brigade/ 2nd division/ II corps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:57 am 

hello Juergen.
Please watch here for the official patches: http://www.histwar.org/mods/category.php?id=4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:18 am 

I look forward to my Russians bravely holding off your hordes, Jeurgen!!

Ooorah!!

2nd Army of the West

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next