Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 am 

Could I get four guys (who are not currently playtesting for me - exception being Tomasz) to test the Battle of Raszyn? I would like to get two games going of this. You do not have to play it completely through - just to where you would feel that a final decision on the game has been made. Note: the amount of artillery ammunition should be sufficient - if you do decide to play it to the final turn that would help me know if I included enough.

I added in some woods to the map based on several maps I have (none of them agree). Probably enough to be as close to historically correct as possible. If you do not like the arrangement of the woods then send me TWO maps which back up your argument and they cannot be from the same language group (all English or all Polish maps).

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:39 am 

I would be happy to oblige.

Regards
Walt

Königlich Preußische Korps

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 pm 
Prinz von Dennewitz,
I have just ordered my Eckmuhl game from HPS, by pure happenstance (last night). Apparently this includes the download version for free as well (confusing that). So, I will download the game and would love to sign up for the playtest.
I will confirm my possession of the game tomorrow here at this table in the tavern.
If testing spots remain, great!
If not, perhaps another time, another game.
Regards.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:40 pm 

Ok, game #1 goes to Walt and Todd. And that is nice as they are from opposite sides of the club.

I will post the files here in a just a bit guys. Check back tomorrow if you like.

I also will send Dominik D. the info on the scenario for the database. Wait until you see it come up in the Scenario screen in the database before you register the game. Consider this a club game - not a formal playtest. But comments of course are mandatory as I would like to make any needed changes before the scenario goes into the update.

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:50 pm 
Bill, I was talking to Dominik today about adding the Round 3 SON Scenario to that database. He is tied up until tomorrow evening, but as it turns out, I can also add them myself. I actually didn't realize I could do that, but it is very easy. I added the SON Tournament scenario today and registered all of the games. I would be glad to add your new one as well if you just copy me on the email. I can get it done for you anytime.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:52 pm 

Here are the files, guys. They all go in the main Eckmuhl folder. Open them up to try them out please. Let me know if for some reason the scenario will not launch. I used the older scenario editor from Eckmuhl (not the newer one from 1814) so you should not have any problems.

Mark - thanks for doing this. All you will need is found in the .scn file.

At the beginning it looks like it is an even match. Once the Austrian reinforcements arrive the balance will tip to the Allies. The problem is that the scenario is only 16 turns. Ferdinand's chief of staff bears the blame for the complicated troop allocations.

The OB file is based on the ACTUAL troop allocation and in one case an Austrian FML commands a brigade. The 7th Corps has a bunch of brigades and only one Div with 3 Brigs under it. The rest of the brigades all report directly to the Corps commander.

Add in that two of the Austrian infantry brigades have infantry with "3" morale (Galician regiments) and the Allies lose some of their edge. The main problem for the Polish/Saxon force will be low manpower. Trying to cover all of the bridges will be impossible.

I removed several of the Austrian batteries as they were not present at the battle. One OB I had used to build my original OB was def. not reliable. I used Gill's 3rd Volume on the 1809 campaign as my source.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NWC Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:09 pm 

Prinz von Dennewitz,
I would be honored to playtest this scenario and available to do so if you still need additional playtester.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:59 pm 
Herr Oberst, salute!
I hope you will not be tired of playing me yet, as it appears the Prinz of Dennewitz has matched us together. Funny, how only last week we were talking about my procurment of this game, and we discussed the merits of it vs some others. I'm looking forward to this (my first play test). Downloading Eckmuhl as I write this.
Feel free to join me in a drink here at my table.
Regards,

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:02 am 

Todd Schmidgall wrote:
Herr Oberst, salute!
I hope you will not be tired of playing me yet, as it appears the Prinz of Dennewitz has matched us together. Funny, how only last week we were talking about my procurment of this game, and we discussed the merits of it vs some others. I'm looking forward to this (my first play test). Downloading Eckmuhl as I write this.
Feel free to join me in a drink here at my table.
Regards,

I am well pleased to test this with ya.

Königlich Preußische Korps

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:13 am 
Gentlemen Officers,

The scenario has been entered into the DoR so you may begin, and register, your game at any time. Type in H22 as your leader and you will go right to it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:18 am 

Thanks Mark! Much appreciated.

NWC Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:20 am 

Al Kling wrote:
Prinz von Dennewitz,
I would be honored to playtest this scenario and available to do so if you still need additional playtester.

Al - that is fine. I would jump right in and be your opponent but alas I am swamped with work. However, if no one takes up the challenge then I will do the deed.

Lets give it another week. If you do not have another opponent (of your liking mind you) then I will play. I would like to try it out anyway but am trying to be a good Scenario Designer and let the playtesters do the testing.

NWC Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 am 

Thank you Prinz von Dennewitz,

I will wait patiently and challenge Al Amos to honor me with battle if has the time.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:43 am 

I have sent links to where playtesters can get the graphics for the Polish troops. These were made by copying images from the NRC artwork over to the EC set. I will not be posting these for now.

Once the scenario has been playtested I will have a better idea how the graphics will be published, whether as part of the next EC update or just as an add on set. I need to check with John Tiller on this first.

NWC Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:57 pm 
Prinz von Dennewitz, salute!

Oberst Walt Moehle and myself have completed the test scenario.

The battle was a Draw.

It was a pleasure (as always) playing Walt in this game.

It was a pleasure to be of some assistance to you in your scenario design process.

If there is anything else this Tirailleur can be of service to you in, just send a courier to my tent.

Regards,