Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:55 am 

Gentlemen of the Cabinet (however many ) :!:

When can we expect a result from the "Rules of the Club" Ballot.
I assume there is a closing date or are we waiting until Christmas 2014 so the Turkeys (however many) can vote :-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:04 am 
The voting for the proposed Club Rules will continue until Midnight on February 14th, Eastern Standard Time. This will conclude the referenced two week period. If any of you fellows wish to have your votes counted, you will need to send them to us by the stated deadline.

The four standing members of the Cabinet will independently tally all votes received and compare our findings to ensure accuracy. I will announce the final results to the membership on Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:18 am 

If the new rules are voted in I think we need to have immeadiate elections. The current Cabinent should be frozen as it is and no more decisions to be made by them. When all positions are filled by people who have been elected we can continue on with the club business to include reviewing and revising any rules that people are unhappy with. I will volunteer my time in organizing the new elections if others will step up to assist.

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:24 am 

Apparently there will be rules with the new system:

Quote:
3.4.5 – Election Procedures

The procedure for electing Club Cabinet members, Army Cabinet members, and Army Commanders is as follows:

1. The call for candidates runs from September 1 to September 7. A candidate may be nominated by another member, or may simply volunteer to stand for election of his own accord. A candidate must be currently ‘active’ in accordance with Section 2 of the Club Rules to stand for election. A public post will be placed in the Rhine Tavern by the Club President on August 31 calling for all candidates that wish to be considered for election. Candidates may be nominated, or respond to this post on their own, to have their names placed on the respective ballots. This method ensures that all candidates are publically known to the general membership. In the event that there is only one nominee at the close of the nomination period, that person wins the election without a vote.

2. Once the nomination period is closed, the nominees may post a campaign statement in the Rhine Tavern at their discretion. The campaign period runs from September 8 to September 14. During this period, the members may pose any questions they may have to any of the candidates. Such questions will be posted in the respective campaign statements in the Rhine Tavern so that they may be viewed by the general membership. The answers of the candidates shall be posted in a similar manner. It is expected that all questions and answers will be conducted in a professional manner for the benefit of our club, even when there exists a difference of opinion.

3. Once the campaign period is closed, the voting by the membership will be conducted. The voting period runs from September 15 to September 30. Only members who are currently ‘active’ in accordance with Section 2 of the Club Rules may vote. In order to cast a vote, the member must send an email to all five, current members of the Club Cabinet, clearly stating his choice of the candidates currently standing for election. Only one vote may be placed per member for each of the positions being considered for election.

4. Once the voting period is closed, the votes received will be tabulated independently by all five, current members of the Club Cabinet. The tallies will be compared and the final results announced to the membership by the Club President. A candidate is elected if he wins a majority of the votes cast by the applicable members.

3ème Régiment de Grenadiers - Bataillon d'élite du 3ème Légère
2ème Brigade
Grenadiers de la Réserve
Réserve
La Grande Armée
--------------------------
"From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step."
Napoléon Bonaparte

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
Groucho Marx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:28 am 

I again agree with David, best to let the ink dry on the new rules (if passed) before anybody starts breaking them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 am 

Do we want to live with this until September or do we want to hold early elections? LOL do we need to vote on that as well? :D

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:32 am 

Might as well as vote on it. It appears that we will be in a constant state of campaigning and politicking with the new rules. We all had better just get used to it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:34 am 

Red Nemesis wrote:
If the new rules are voted in I think we need to have immeadiate elections. The current Cabinent should be frozen as it is and no more decisions to be made by them. When all positions are filled by people who have been elected we can continue on with the club business to include reviewing and revising any rules that people are unhappy with. I will volunteer my time in organizing the new elections if others will step up to assist.

The only problem I see with that, and this is just hypothetical, what if the entire cabinet is voted out and replaced with members who have never served before and have no idea how things like the DOR system and backend of the websites work? I know that is probably a long shot, but even if 4 of the members are new, that is a lot of extra work for the 1 returning member to train those 4 people.

That is the idea behind the elections rotating year to year.

If the new rules pass regarding the CinC being elected, I do think there should be an election right away for the Allied CinC though since ours left his position. And by all means, if Marco wants to serve again, he can run just like anyone else. If he gets re-elected, great.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:11 am 

Monsieur Friedman,

You want to follow the new rules but at the same time you want to break them by having an early vote. Does it summarize well enough what you are saying?

2ème Brigade
Grenadiers de la Réserve
Réserve
La Grande Armée
Napoléon Bonaparte

Groucho Marx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:20 am 

davidguegan wrote:
Monsieur Friedman,

You want to follow the new rules but at the same time you want to break them by having an early vote. Does it summarize well enough what you are saying?

I think it is an unusual circumstance that calls for a vote. It makes no sense to have the Allied Army go without a CinC until September just because that is the date set in the rules.

And if the rules do not pass, then let the Cabinet choose a new CinC as was done in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:00 pm 

From what I see there is still a Coalition CiC...

And at the same time I see a conflict between the Coalition CiC and the President of the club.

So I guess when it goes to that it's difficult for the President to be judge and jury.

2ème Brigade
Grenadiers de la Réserve
Réserve
La Grande Armée
Napoléon Bonaparte

Groucho Marx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:17 pm 

davidguegan wrote:

No. He quit.

The CiC cannot pick and choose which responsibilities of the CiC he wants to fulfill and which he wants to abdicate. Once he quit (resigned, or whatever other word you want to use) from the cabinet, the position was open. If anyone was breaking the rules, it was him by doing so. That's how I see it. I'm sure many others do too.

From the cabinet's perspective, it made no sense for them to fill the position with the vote happening on the new rules. If the rules pass, the Allied membership gets to choose their new CiC. If they don't pass, then I believe the precedent set in the past was that the cabinet makes the choice.

If the rules do pass, there is nothing preventing him from running for his old post. If the Allied membership was happy with him, I'm sure it would be no problem for him to secure their votes and be elected.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:21 pm 

davidguegan wrote:

And at the same time I see a conflict between the Coalition CiC and the President of the club.

So I guess when it goes to that it's difficult for the President to be judge and jury.

I agree David, if we have an election then the President has no say over the matter. Right now we are faced with a stalemate until September. I think at least our army needs an election if the French want to wait until September that is up to you.

In addition it appears to me this is more than a conflict between Marco and Mark. Others appear to be choosing up sides. I would prefer to scrap the entire group and start over with people who are elected. Hopefully that will force the new group to work together and we can all get back to gaming.

La Grande Armée