Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:48 am 

Guys - John Egan and I are searching for scenario/pdt/ob files that he and Warren assembled for the Campaign Waterloo game. Andrew Moss helped us find the Four Days scenario file and OB/PDT files but Warren and John worked on scenario files for the Ligny, Quatra Bras, Waterloo and Wavre scenarios as well. So its good we have the OB file for the entire campaign but the .scn files are mainly what we are after. Note: the ob files were revisions of the ones in the Waterloo game so it would not be impossible to redo them. Mainly it was a reduction of the morale values.

I am not sure where Warren posted the scenarios. If you downloaded them and have them please let me or John Egan know. I am thinking that he never posted them at all but shared them with wargaming friends like Andrew.

I noted that the graphics mod that Warren did is on the NWC club website. Thanks for posting this guys! I also have a copy of those files as well.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:31 pm 

Bill, based on your description, there are some like that by Warren over in the Download area of Gamesquad. They are on the first page; I think he had 4 or 5 files there and the one specifically that shows scenarios (they might not be the same ones or versions I guess) that you are looking for (but they might) is labelled: CW wpn oob scns.zip that was done by Warren.

I probably have them as well, but I grabbed all of the downloads on GS en masse at Rich Hamilton's request, and never have had time to add in all of the details so it is probably easier to find on GS.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:10 pm 

There is even more, these seem all to come from Warren:
http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.p ... le&id=1869
http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.p ... le&id=1855
http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.p ... le&id=1853
http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.p ... le&id=1852
http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.p ... le&id=1291

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:45 pm 

I would think Gamesquad would be the logical spot too.

No problem on putting his Mods back on the site, Bill. All the Mods were restored & relocated about a month ago or so. Each of the Mods are great in their own right, so glad to make them available for all. :frenchcharge:

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:35 pm 

You might consider repacking these into a single download -if you grab the .scn zip you won't have the pdt that you need and get the 'error reading file' message.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:17 am 

Thanks, Christian, for finding these links. My life lately has been chaotic to say the least and I haven't had to time to do much hunting.

John Egan and I are going to look over Warren's files and come up with a further revision (FYI: John was working with Warren on these files - they were playtesting the scenarios over the past few years). Once the revision is done we will post them all under one zip file and leave Warren's artwork Units.bmp and Unitbox.bmp files alone as its own download as it will not matter whether you use Warren's artwork or the ones that come in the game. Other Mods would work as long as they use the Waterloo OB graphics numbering format.

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:01 am 

Interesting, at the Blitz I started some weeks back a little project thread, there is a member called jonnymacbrown that wants to revise the Waterloo scenarios based on Warrens files, I had already contacted him about the action at Soleilmont and that this scenario would need a lot rework and I would try to find material to see if enough can be gather to do a rework of that scenario.

I doubt there is the need to run this side by side, I would prefer to join forces to rework the scenarios to get them out faster and better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:19 am 

Christian: Jonnymacbrown is Egan -you are talking about the same guy.

You'll also find him posting as 'von Egan' on the Blitz.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:42 pm 

A note on Warren's Units.bmp file for Waterloo .... Warren added in a lot of images and this file does not line up with the stock OBs that come in the game. The graphics file was meant to work with his Waterloo OB that he created and they view normally in the scenarios he and John Egan worked on.

NWC Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:12 pm 

S_Trauth wrote:
Christian: Jonnymacbrown is Egan -you are talking about the same guy.

You'll also find him posting as 'von Egan' on the Blitz.

Well that surely makes me look like a fool... :frenchoops: :frenchlol:
Anyhow good to see that there is no split development, you see that too often on the web and I hate all the waste that goes into these parallel developments.
:frenchvive:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:00 pm 

John Egan is about a 2 hour drive from my house. Unfortunately he is not in Santa Barbara anymore but up on the hot,windy high desert (UGH).

Some day in the future we plan on getting together .... I am lobbying for somewhere halfway LOL

My days of being the one to have to drive to be at folks houses is over ;) did it for years and even drove up and down the entire East Coast to see my old friends ....

Now if I drive a long distance its going to be to a campsite by a lake or to a singles resort by a lake! ROFL

John and I got together at his place in SB years ago and he is a nice guy. If only Warren, John and I could have met up ....

NWC Founding Member