Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Campaign Progress
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:59 am 

Guys - I am working on campaigns now for my next Napoleonic title. There are several campaigns in this one and I am using a different style of campaign file for each one.

Style 1 - campaign took place over a period of several months. No carry over of casualties. Different OBs are setup with "expected campaign losses" accounted for already. Different armies mean newer units. Its going to be a fun one to play.

Style 2 - typical multi branch - can go all over the place - type campaign. I have to keep the choices amount low so as to not build a 100 branch monster (branch is a decision point in a campaign file).

Style 3 - historical campaign - the player plays through the campaign using the historical battles with some deviance at each point.

Campaign 1814 had a lot of campaign files in it .. I plan on including Solo campaigns in this one as they are popular with the majority of our customers who tend to play solitaire only. Its not terribly hard to add in the AI scripts so once i finish up the campaigns I will go back and add in the solo scenarios.

Altogether probably 8 - 10 campaign files.

One of the campaigns will be about a famous battle - the players will have their choice of options as to where they want to post their units. Should be a good one to play!

Plowing ahead despite pain (Sciatica and now lower back) and enjoying the progress. Joe Amoral made me a nice background map that I am using for both the maps for the campaign situation,decision and overview maps and the ones that Mike Avanzini used to make for me - the PDF files you find in the main folder which show how the historical campaign progressed.

I also am using the map editor to build "large scale" maps to portray areas that are not suitable for the map the Joe made. Kind of an interesting look and it compliments Joe's map well.

Overall this will be my favorite game of all of them that I have worked on. There are a ton of unique battles - no critic will be able to say "he took 14 battles and made 600 scenarios out of them" :russianveryhappy:

Altogether I count something like 32 unique battles or actions. (and no, this is not a Peninsular or 1807 game ;) been getting asked that a lot lately)

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

Post subject: Re: Campaign Progress
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:36 pm 

Looking forward to it! :frenchvive1: :frenchvive1: :frenchvive1:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 pm 

Thanks, Christian. Just 4 scenarios away from being finished with the first campaign of the title :frenchhappy:

These campaign files are very mentally taxing for me .... am always glad when they are finished and working!

Paco is going to proof the text (as usual) so I am in good hands. Others will help along the way. Loyal team - great guys and very dedicated to seeing it finished.

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:51 am 

Is there again a good set of PDF files with maps, notes, etc.?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:29 pm 

I will include many PDFs like I did for Leipzig. A Terrain Effects Chart (TEC.pdf), Weapons Effectiveness Chart (WEC.pdf), etc.

Sadly my templates were on a hard drive that got dropped. I was able to update the TEC because I happened to find a copy of it but any other pdf files were on the damaged drive.

The OB guide is still the same as per Bautzen so I will just use a copy of that one. PDT file guide also hasnt changed.

There will be the usual "Armies of <name of period>" as usual. Pics of Joe's artwork in their original size so that the customer can enjoy his good work.

NWC Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:12 pm 

Napoleon's Italian Campaign?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:34 pm 

Finished up with the first campaign, moving on to another one, working on sorting out uniform issues/graphics, researching OBs for the campaigns to come and building a new map. Yup - terribly busy and slow on game files lately. Hope my opponents understand.

NWC Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:31 am 

Quick update: I am 3/4 of the way through the 2nd campaign file. I should finish up with the file itself by the weekend.

For this campaign I wanted to just put the file together (.cpd) and have not done any of the campaign info maps that go with it or the scenarios. I also still need to finish the OB file.

This one was a complicated campaign file to build. A lot of factors that I had to work in. Many variables that made the outcomes complicated. Glad I am done with the bulk of the typing!

Paco is proofing the campaign file as I work on it as it is so big ... it actually goes 6 levels deep at places. One of the more ambitious files I have built in awhile.

NWC Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:53 pm 

Done with the file! :frenchcharge:

Paco and I did a bit of "phone brainstorming" and I was able to come up with a way to make the last 1/4 of the file simpler.

On to work on the OB file now. Def. light at the end of the tunnel now.

NWC Founding Member