Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:53 am 

[quote="Evgeniy Gudkov"]Why do you hate Russia?[/quote]

What is this in reference to?

President, Colonial Campaigns Club

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:30 am 

I mean, why is ignoring Eylau and Friedland.
It's a shame.

Moscow Grenadier Regiment
2nd Grenadier Division
Russian Corps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:50 am 

JTS has more than one team working on different projects. For all we know, Bill may have the Polish campaigns next in line or someone else might be working on it. My bet is that someone is working on it, but who knows how long it would take. At least one person was working on leipzig for several years before Bill took it over, so Leipzig actually took 6-10 years to be completed! Or something like that.

Also, I am not sure if you were referring to JTS or Bill, but Bill made Auserlitz and put a whole Russian Army in Jena, so you can hardly say he hates Russia (I hope something was lost in translation there). And HPS/JTS of course put out the 1812 campaign more than a decade ago! I am reading a book about the Polish campaign now and would love to see a game about it, but JTS rarely ever says what they are working on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:03 am 

Jim P. - FYI:

I am not the person that picked up the 1807 project. It's not a title I will be working on to my knowledge although I never expected to get the Leipzig game either. From what I know its been in the hands of three different teams since Greg Gorsuch made the original attempt. Unfortunately in this business a lot of guys have to drop out on projects. It was only in 2011 that I actually had good info on the 1807 campaign but by then it was already taken.

FYI As per the Leipzig design notes I never used any of the maps, scenarios or OB files from Ray Panfil's original Leipzig design. I built it all on my own with a lot of input from my playtest team but especially Warren Bajan. Anton Kosyanenko, a member of our club, helped me with the Russian names for the Cossacks among other things. His time was limited but valuable!

Leipzig took two years and five months to finish. I had a great time on that one. So did the playtesters!

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 am 

Quick update ... just finished off the campaign tonight. I have to do some proofing of the campaign file tomorrow and then send it off to Paco for his grammar/spellchecking work.

230 total scenarios ... I was able to reduce the number by removing some of the choices that didnt make sense.

Now into the final mode ... always a frantic period for me ... game turns will be slow for this month. I will be getting turns back to Jim Breckinridge and Ron Virts by Wednesday. MP Berlin game keeps on chugging on ...

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)