Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help requested
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:52 pm 

Need help for what a think is a problem with a battle between me and Martin Huschka

The battle is Eckmuhl Campaign 16-23 april 1809, we are at turn 74;
after a battle where i meleed many units with skirm and btln in the same hex, i opened the prussian file to see that many units in adiacent hexes, where has been routed units, have not made the morale check.
From what a read on the manual, and from my experience of other battles made, any "units" ( not only btln, the only exception is an artillery unlimbered) adiacent to a routed one have to make a morale check; if the check pass the unit go disordered, if the check fails the unit rout, and soo on cause we have "no rout limiting" optional rule.
Now i routed 3 skirm in 3 different hexes and the other units adiacent to these ones have mode NO morale check cause at the start of prussian turn they are all K, not even disordered.
Could anyone pls help to resolve this problem?
I set a dropbox link to download a pdf file explaing with images what's happened.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vzhhrdo2u658 ... zGYqa?dl=0

thanks
Antonio

Post subject: Re: Help requested
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:00 pm 

Pass this along to JTS/HPS tech support. More of a Rich Hamilton question than for the club.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:59 pm 

Not in the manual but in the main program pdf there is something in the explanation for the Rout Limiting OR:

"The default routing rules require that units adjacent to a unit that has failed its
morale check must also take a morale check (there are restrictions such as
routing skirmishers cannot cause non-skirmishers to rout)
."

I think they way it works makes a lot sense, at some point it was perfectly normal that skirmishers ran back to their mother units so no need to let those make a moral check especially as skirmishers rout more easily.
No one would use them if 120 skirmishers can cause a 700 men battalion to disorder or rout.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:50 pm 

Thanks Christian

i played Talonsoft and JTS gams from almost 20 years and never read that file.....the npb.pdf file is an help file , this information Have to be in the Napoleonic Battles User Manual , cause is a vital info!
The User Manual should have a reference to this and be not so generic telling : " When a unit routs, all units in the same hex as the unit and all units in adjacent hexes to the unit must also take a Morale Check. If any units in adjacent hexes fail the Morale Check, then this process is carried over into hexes adjacent to those hexes."
Fo me a skirmish is an unit just like any other one.
BTW i learned another thing, this game system is full of surprise :french???:

thanks again
Antonio