Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:40 pm 

Long ago I did a game of HTH / IPC with Normandy '44. Your the host, he's the caller and you send him your IP address. Once you're linked, it's pretty cool. Granted this was 10 + yrs. ago.

Is there a suitable scn in any of the titles to try this ? Has anyone ever been successful doing this ?

Just thinkin out loud

1 Brigade
Austrian Armee

ludwig.com//NWC/Austria/images/Forum_Signatures/clay_shurts.png[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:55 pm 

In addition to scenario length, you need to also consider time zone differances...

I do recall mention if some who have tried head to head play... but nit recentky..

I wax at the last Tillercon, in 2006 if i recall correctly... well setup network for head to head play..

I recall playing against Gary MacClelllan in The pacific wars games.. Midway and Guadalcanal... gangs of fun....

2ème Brigade,
2ème Division,
1er Corps d'Armée,
La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:44 pm 

Last Tiller Con (#3) was in 2010 .... Franklin :)

Tiller Con #2 in 2007 .... Kansas City ... I missed that one .. was graduating that weekend.

HTH via LAN is the best! Very little to no lag. You can toss orange peels or potato skins at your opponent while they do their turn!

What is interesting about the HTH/LAN games is that there is no replay. If you dont watch every move your opponent makes you can miss some vital things.

Some memorable HTH/LAN games of Age of Sale by Talonsoft/John Tiller long ago. I really loved that game.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:37 am 

Bill Peters wrote:
Last Tiller Con (#3) was in 2010 .... Franklin :)

Tiller Con #2 in 2007 .... Kansas City ... I missed that one .. was graduating that weekend.

HTH via LAN is the best! Very little to no lag. You can toss orange peels or potato skins at your opponent while they do their turn!

What is interesting about the HTH/LAN games is that there is no replay. If you dont watch every move your opponent makes you can miss some vital things.

Some memorable HTH/LAN games of Age of Sale by Talonsoft/John Tiller long ago. I really loved that game.

Guess i was off by a few years ... i actually met Bill peters there :)

2ème Brigade,
2ème Division,
1er Corps d'Armée,
La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:49 pm 

Those HTH games were fun at all the TILLERCONS.

That plus meeting all the people that attended (to numerous to mention, as I would probably miss someone and they would get MAD! LOL), like Bill and John C and...

I have not tried to play HTH online for several years, but it is still possible to do so. Sometimes it takes patience, but it can be done.

President, Colonial Campaigns Club

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:16 am 

John - it was great meeting you! And of course Ernie and his wife too. Mark Adams and his wife and her sister were there in Franklin too as well as Joe Amoral.

Joe is having problems walking now. Hope you all will keep him and his wife in your prayers. He has slowed down on production of art but it still looks great! :)

Would love to go to a TillerCon4 but those events take a lot of planning and work. Rich Walker and Rich Hamilton did a lot to get that one going. Franklin was a great location. Allowed us to go to several battlefields.

If anyone here in the states has never been to Chickamauga near Chattanooga you aught to go. I really loved seeing that park along with Lookout Mountain. I rate it over Gettysburg because while the park does have a busy street running through the middle of it, it still has a pristine feel to it.

Wish I had not been so sick at TC3 ... would have liked to have gone out with the group for dinner but I was thoughtful and spared the group my germs! :frenchcool1:

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:18 am 

The 2010 Tillercon at Franklin was convenient for me, just over an hour drive. Was hoping JTS might hold another after that one, which was held in conjunction with NASHCON, an annual miniatures wargamer convention - a great idea in my view.

Likewise, I met other players I had only communicated with via email and the tavern. Still recall eating lunch with Bill while taking a break from the laptops... I also remember bringing Joe Amoral some ACW miniatures for photographing for use as potential unit icons. Not sure what happened with that idea.

The next year, I was one of about 150 ACW reenactors that were used to film the new Chickamauga military park visitors' center video.

Austrian Korps

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 am 

Chickamauga and Lookout Mt. are my fav. ACW parks. Having not been to Shiloh and unable to compare them for overall preservation I can honestly say I enjoyed the Chickamauga battlefield more than Gettysburg with its numerous "civilian" distractions. The towns are hidden from view and except for that busy road that runs through the park its a real nice place to visit.

For any of you that ever get to Chattanooga be sure to stop by. The view from Lookout Mt. is worth the drive to the top. No food is allowed on Lookout Mt. but I am sure you could woof down an energy bar while up there ;)

Jeff - was great seeing you there. I think Joe needed a lot of miniatures to make that work. I remember him asking me if I had any Napoleonic miniatures. I think a day at Historicon or a major Napoleonics miniature exhibit or trip to a collector's home would have satisfied Joe's needs.

NWC Founding Member