Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:33 pm 

According to the manual the defender in a melee lowers the attacking strength(that means the melee strength of the attacker) by 20% if the defender has not fire this turn.
Looking on this screenshot I miss this on the modifier line in the melee status window.
In the upper example the French made no defensive fire while in the lower example they did, but both melee status windows show the same modifiers what should obviously not be this way. The modifiers in the upper window should be 0/0 as the defender held back his defensive fire and should modify the attacking strength by -20%.
Maybe it's just a bug in showing the modifiers correctly but without someone checking this there is no way to be sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:34 am 

I would email Rich about this. I am not going to go into reviewing the game programming during my review of RBR. Something for Rich and John to sort out.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:54 am 

I'd also point out that the effective attacking force is 125% of actual and not 120%. Generally, I believe the verbose reports are broken and operate as if everything is working as the manual claims. The developers should really fix combat reports because it is essential that the player knows his product is working properly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:38 am 

And 125% are shown. In the screenshot the 840 men a rated as 1050 what is +25%. It looks like this is applied first before any other modifiers like terrain etc. are applied to the modified men power.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:10 pm 

Don't know if you are in agreement or not. In this case (Jena 1.06 standard pdt I assume) the attacker modifier is reflecting the +20% column melee bonus. I recall from the Talonsoft days that the report feature modifier is a direct notation for the effective and modified actual strengths reported. So, disregarding that the "hasn't fired" modifier is in no way reported I was pointing out there was an additional 5% bonus for attack unaccounted for. Report function is completely broken and the user has no idea if modifiers are correct or logically applied (like hexside mod adjacency versus ranged fire).