American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:11 am 
Gentlemen of the Army of the Mississippi,

It is that time of the month to honor those whose actions on the field of battle this last month warrant special attention. There is a noticable rise in the number of maneuvers being played in September. Indeed, my Chief of Staff and I both noticed this as we reviewed the records. This is most encouraging as it means many of you are gaming more and making more connections within our Army! Not surprisingly we have more Maneuver Ribbons being awarded in September than in any other month of 2010! There are also a few general promotions to mention.

But let us start with the Maneuver Ribbons!

Col. Sascha Marx, Brig. Gen. Harold Lajoie, and Lt. Col. Herb Nagel - for completing five maneuvers within the AotM you are all awarded the Five Maneuver Ribbon-

Field Lt. Karel Van Canegem, Field Lt. Grant Davey, Col. Gregory Barnard, and Maj. Gen. Tom Dehoff - for completing your first AotM maneuver you are all awarded the Maneuver Ribbon-

For victories on the field of battle against the Yanks we have two awards this month.

Col. Mark Davis and Maj. Gen. Tom Dehoff are both award the Battle Ribbon-

Lt. Col. Earle Cook is awarded the Two-Year Service Ribbon for his continued devotion to this Army and Club. Thank you, sir!

Col. Gregory Barnard is awarded the Four-Year Service Ribbon for his service to this Army and Club. Thank you, sir!

This month's Gallantry Award is awarded to Maj. Gen. Tom Dehoff who whipped a Yankee general from the infamous Army of the Tennessee across the fields of Chickamauga! Congrats, sir!

The Outstanding Brigade Award is presented to Col. Roy Purcell for his continued actions against the Army of the Shenandoah on the field of battle-

Further, Col. Roy Purcell, has hereby been recommended for a promotion to the rank of Brigadier General for his long-term devotion to this Club and his efforts on the field of battle. It is an honor to serve with you, sir, and we look forward to pinning those general stars on you soon!

Maj. Gen. Jon Hooper has also been recommended for a promotion. Hooper is on a Leave of Absence at the moment in order to take on the far greater role of Superdad by coaching his son's baseball team. Hooper's positive attitude, sense of humor, and leadership have always been a cornerstone of this Army and it is an honor to send his name up to our Chief of Armies for promotion to Lieutenant General.

Lt. Gen. Mark Adams was awarded the Braxton Bragg High Service Medal for his long term devotion to this Army as the I Corps commander for so many years. He is on a well-deserved break from command and Lt. Gen. Mike Laabs has assumed command of the I Corps. It is a great pleasure to serve with men such as Adams who is the first to receive this medal - our Army's highest honor!

That is all, gentlemen, keep up the great work in October!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:16 pm 

Gentlemen of the Army of Mississippi,

congratulation to all awarded members.

Special recognition to Lt. Gen. Mark Adams for the awarded the Braxton Bragg High Service Medal.
Outstanding job, Mark.

I am glad and proud to have you in our Division.

Regards,

1st Division"Blut und Boden", Commanding
I.Corps "Cold Steel"
Army of the Mississippi

"Serving god and country proudly"

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:54 am 

Congrats my fellow officers. I am happy to put on my first ribbon and hope many more shiny ones will follow :D

It is an honor serving in this army and I do hope to bring you all my first victory soon. You may begin the preparations for erecting a statue for me if you want :lol:

I Corps - AotM
"Cold Steel Flying Battery"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:10 pm 

Congrats to all. No wonder our army regularly turns bluebellies to practicing their track skills. Keep up the good work men.
LTG Laabs
I A of M

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]