American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:40 pm 

General Miller <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

You have to admit that Colonel Olinsky does provide some entertainment despite
his decision to offend Cajuns. I only take this to heart because I don't believe I've ever attacked the people who call themselves "corn huskers", probably referring to their morning ritual before visiting the outhouse. What they do with the cobs is their own business :shock:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:39 pm 
TMiller wrote:
well you know its sad they have to resort to bribing scalawags with 30 pieces of silver.....

I understand 29 of them were just plain tin.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 pm 
Lt General Miller,
Tim,

Beggin' your pardon, Sir... but that is NOT how it happened!

According to all my friends(?) in the Army of the Mississippi... NO ONE can back peddle like me! So I should hardly think that my Unionist brothers would be able to take a step back without my anticipating it long before they even began to think about moving in a rearward fashion! :wink:

No Sir... I am simply the fearless sort (perhaps due to improper mental function... certainly the case after you fellows dropped me on my head so many times) and am here to demonstrate my lightning wit and physical brawn and tactical abilities in all situations!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 pm 
Major General Hebert,
Neal,

Sir... you simply don't know how important corn cobs are to proper hygiene! I can't tell you the number of times I thought I might have stepped into something nasty and needed to clean my boots... before realizing that I was simply standing downwind of some member of the Army of the Mississippi. :roll:

I run a side business and with the corn harvest coming up soon... I am prepared to fill any number of orders... for any quantity of product... in a variety of sizes and colors and textures.

I could certainly handle a order large enough to provide hygienic products for the entire Army of the Mississippi if y'all wanted to clean up your act! (We do line the floors of hog pens with corn cobs and it greatly reduces the smell. If it works for hogs... I don't see why it wouldn't work for you dirty, nasty rebs!)

Warmest Regards,

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:53 am 
Nebraska... big words from a state that is 3rd in the nation growing Corn. Iowa and Illinois, sir, make Nebraska look even more foolish than it naturally does by out-producing you each year. Further, they grow that good corn thats golden yellow and sweet. Not that brownish Nebraska crop thats used to feed pigs and Union soldiers :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 am 

So much love in this topic :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Last edited by cameronm on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
spelling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:45 pm 

Yes Cam, lots of love from midgrade, do nothing States of this fine land both North and South, talk, talk is all they do. :D

But Olinsky has made a nice website for the AotS, I will say that. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:47 pm 

By the way Neal if you get tried of Olinsky here, I give you full permission to have ol' Nicodemus take him out back and smack him around a bit on the paddle wheel boats. I think a 20 mile cruise down the Mighty Mississippi should shut the jaw of the ol' boy up. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 pm 

General Ludwig <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

Colonel Olinsky can be amusing even when not hanging from the rafters, and he may even have a career as a stand-up comedian after the war is lost for the Yankees and he needs employment.

I was curious about Nebraska, however. Isn't it one of them places on the plains where they have little or no trees and rely on buffalo chips and such to burn for cooking, heating and such? The smell was probably not coming from his boots, but from his clothes and his meals.

I don't think any amount of corn cobs could get me to try "Buffalo Chip BBQ Sauce"; I'll stick with hickory or mesquite :roll:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 pm 

I do believe the kids of the first settlers exclaimed when they got there:

"Where are we, Oh My God!"

The parents mistook the kids and called the town Omaha! :mrgreen:

I don't think there are buffalo there, just prairie dogs and poachers.... :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm 

General Ludwig <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

Oh, my! Nothing says home like BBQ prarie dogs roasted over a good buffalo chip fire :wink:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 pm 
General Ludwig,

Why Sir... thank you for the comment with regards to the AoS web pages. <salute>

I had no idea any Rebs had seen it... and lived to tell about it. :shock:

Perhaps you were there negotiating the release of some Officer's captured from the Gator Alley Division? 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:52 pm 
General Blake,

You are confused, Sir... (nothing surprising there)... :P

Iowa and Illinois are counties in the great State of Nebraska... not States in and of themselves. But I understand your confusion as you've never been out here for a visit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:07 pm 
I have traveled through Nebraska often, sir! Many times I have popped a squat along the side of the road and left little presents for you to remember me by.

I think I was even elected Mayor of Lincoln on one trip when I got very drunk. But thats another story...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:12 pm 
Major General Hebert,
Neal,

Why yea Sir... there is certainly something to be said about cooking over a buffalo chip fire! :) But you have to be smart about it... you have to use one that is properly cured under the hot Nebraska sun. You don't ever want to use a wet one!

This one looks rather like a famous Club President... don't you think? But clearly it's immature and not ready for use... (hummm... another similarity)...

Doesn't this look more appetizing?

And you can have it delivered right to your home by off duty Confederate Generals... (Look it's Major General Peek & Brig. General Reneau!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next