American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:32 am 
FLASH

Through some act of God our beloved Col. Mark Davis has earned enough OBD points to qualify for a promotion to Brigadier General!

It seems like only yesturday he was a wet-behind-the-ears graduate of VMI. Since then he has fought many glorious maneuvers and a few lackluster battles. His most memorable moments though have occurred far behind the lines and right in our own backyard. Never has the AotM seen such latrines as he has built for us! His first act was to build the latrines DOWNRIVER from our camps. This noticably improved the quality of the coffee each morning. The old timers complained the coffee lacked that certain "punch" but they adjusted.

When Mrs. Davis joined our fine Army during the winter she made sure each latrine was surrounded by floral curtains to allow for more privacy. Mrs. Davis remained a popular fixture at our camp until she began to confiscate the French postcards from the soldiers before they "used" the latrines. This did shorten wait time though. Mrs. Davis also introduced the men to scented toiletry paper which has become very popular to use before a Barn Dance. The mosquitos and ticks seemed to be attracted more to the pleasant scent so this has caused more than one soldier to be seen "scratching" in public - something Mrs. Davis strictly abhors.

Col. Davis continued to oversee the latrine placements and maintainence. More than once I awoke him in the middle of the night to inform him his services were needed on the east wall. Happily he would grumble a few curses and grab his trusty shovel, named Bessie, and hike through the night air while I went back to sleep trusting he would have the situation well-in-hand before I awoke for my morning constitutional.

Alas, Col. Davis is now up for promotion! Who will fill his shoes and take over the latrine duty of our Army? Let us hope another such fine officer will be found!

Congrats to Col. Davis! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 pm 

COL(P) Davis

Congratulations

let me buy the first round in your honor.....

LtGen TLM
3/3/II

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:38 am 

Suh {Salute}

Congratulations on your upcoming Promotion Suh.

Allow me to buy you a drink.

Col. Grant C. Davey
"The Elephant Brigade"
6th Artillery Battery,
3rd Div, II Corps,
AotM,

"Suh! we have met in Battle, and you Suh!" "Have Seen The Elephant"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:15 pm 
Congratulations Mark! It's a pleasure to have you in the Generals club now and you will soon get the keys to the generals private toilet!

But I must say I miss the days when the coffee had that extra punch, it was great in the early mornings when you where so tired!

But the new coffee tastes a bit better I must admit! ;)

Regards,

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:53 am 

Congratulations Sir

Well deserved! Now lets hit the tavern! Barkeep - Hot chocolate!!! No ways - who introduced that stuff?
I only drink mint juleps first thing in the morning!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]